• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Socreges

Banned
iTUzgxT9oncJX.jpg

Cactus

Banned
I'm curious about what Thomas will say when he's asked about Holtby's performance. It would be kind of pathetic if he continues with the whole "we didn't test him" thing.

Socreges

Banned
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger

As per @tsnjamesduthie Sources say R. Luongo will submit short list of teams he'd waive no-trade to go to next week. Leafs will be on it.
TSN is masterful at riling up the Leafs fanbase and getting their attention. Doesn't even have to be true.

MacAttack

Rask/Khudobin future
I like it but what happens to Thomas? I don't think he'll retire with another 3 million on the table.

Will he accept a back up role next season? Will Rask? I think it will be another situation like 2010-2011 where Rask is the starter and its his job to lose. If he hangs on to the role, then Thomas is trade bait at the deadline. How much leash Rask is allowed this time is another question since last time it was very short.

Socreges

Banned
I don't even know what they have that Vancouver would want to help them now.
The Leafs have good pieces. Burke wouldn't be willing to give them up, though.

A better question is: why would Luongo put Toronto on his shortlist (poor team, media circus) and how would Duthie already know that?

A better question is: why would Luongo put Toronto on his shortlist (poor team, media circus) and how would Duthie already know that?

Probably the usual method:
1. TSN asks Tony Gallagher for the inside scoop
2. Gallagher makes up news
3. TSN qualifies news as a "solid source"
4. ???
5. Rush to air
6. PHT takes it as fact
7. TSN feels pressure for more news...

The circle of life in hockey news continues!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wonder how Reimer would react if the Leafs took Lou on seeing as his contract goes on until the end of time, seemingly making Reimer a permanent backup.

pringles

Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit, Vancouver, San Jose and maybe New York gone in the 1st round?

What. It's definitely anyone's cup right now. Although I think it anything decides to make sense in these playoffs, a Western team will take it. All 4 of those teams are solid from top to bottom with great coaching, while all remaining Eastern teams seem iffy in some way or another.

Socreges

Banned
Damnit, was just about to post the same gif. That's on an offside call though, right? Still super-smooth from Holtby, I'm starting to like the guy.
If he'd done it during live play, you would have heard about it. Don Cherry would have spent five minutes tearing him apart the Saturday after with the national media asking the next day, "Has Cherry gone too far? Again?"

Solo

Bruins first round fodder?

untitled0uiyp.jpg

Beaten by the biggest playoff chokers of the past decade?

11514-animated_gifchanljud.gif

Tim Thomas has more free time now for tea party meetings?

yesjacknicholsonlzkcg.gif

Marchand am cry?

vince_wwf6xjzh.gif
vince_wwf6xjzh.gif
vince_wwf6xjzh.gif
vince_wwf6xjzh.gif

Nucks and Bruins Cup rematch on the 9th tee?

1329179424_mj-laughinnwjsl.gif

First place to first round fodder a good progression?

tumblr_lxkhp2wsds1qfysfqgy.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Because of Allaire (this is no joke, apparently he demanded the panthers hire him), because nonis, because he is wanted and needed, because no matter how bad he plays it would likely be an improvement

Because it was our first round pick that chose him seguin style lol

You guys sound more nervous than I am.

We REALLY don't want to play the Rangers.

I think the Flyers realistically have a 50/50 shot AT WORST against any other team left, except the Kings. We play them we're going to lose but it would have nothing to do with talent. At that point it would just be karma kicking us in our collective nuts.

Flyers can't play the Rangers unless both teams make the conference final, though, I think?

Flyers possible opponents:
(3) Panthers: Senators loss, Devils loss

(6) Devils: Senators loss, Panthers loss
(this series sounds like it might get ugly. Haven't you guys played them a couple of times in playoff rounds over the last decade?)

(7) Capitals: Rangers loss, Devils loss
(lol, Panthers have a 1/4 chance of being the top seed in the east)

(8) Senators: Rangers Loss, Panthers loss
(1/4 chance of the #5 seed taking control of the Eastern conference. Wow.)

Flyers can't play the Rangers unless both teams make the conference final, though, I think?

Flyers possible opponents:
(3) Panthers: Senators loss, Devils loss

(6) Devils: Senators loss, Panthers loss
(this series sounds like it might get ugly. Haven't you guys played them a couple of times in playoff rounds over the last decade?)

(7) Capitals: Rangers loss, Devils loss
(lol, Panthers have a 1/4 chance of being the top seed in the east)

(8) Senators: Rangers Loss, Panthers loss
(1/4 chance of the #5 seed taking control of the Eastern conference. Wow.)

That's what we've been saying....

I'm really psyched about it. GO SENS!!!!!!!

Devils/Flyers would be a nasty series. Not many people left on that team that I genuinely hate, but I'd burn The Rock to the ground if given the opportunity.

Curufinwe

We REALLY don't want to play the Rangers.

I think the Flyers realistically have a 50/50 shot AT WORST against any other team left, except the Kings. We play them we're going to lose but it would have nothing to do with talent. At that point it would just be karma kicking us in our collective nuts.

Karma, lol. Not even Carter and Ritchie's mommies are as defensive of the poor little things as you are.

Karma, lol. Not even Carter and Ritchie's mommies are as defensive of the poor little things as you are.

Not being defensive. I'm not saying they deserve it. I'm saying that's what happens to Flyers fans. We get beat down in the most soul crushing way possible. I'll point you to Fedetenko, Leighton, and the 2000 Devils.

I've actually never been very defensive about the Carter trade so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Go back and you'll see even on the day of the trade it made sense...

Fei

Devils/Flyers would be a nasty series. Not many people left on that team that I genuinely hate, but I'd burn The Rock to the ground if given the opportunity.

Devils/Flyers. My god, the salt that would come from that. It's about the only matchup that would help keep the activity level of this thread close to what it normally is, so I'm down for that.

Top Bottom