• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Curufinwe

Not being defensive. I'm not saying they deserve it. I'm saying that's what happens to Flyers fans. We get beat down in the most soul crushing way possible. I'll point you to Fedetenko, Leighton, and the 2000 Devils.

What were those losses karma for? The Flyers of the 70s being goons or something?

Devils/Flyers. My god, the salt that would come from that. It's about the only matchup that would help keep the activity level of this thread close to what it normally is, so I'm down for that.

I dont think I could handle it. I would be drunk and surly for the whole 4 games the series would last.

Frillen

I'm just glad there will be a bunch of new teams fighting for the cup instead of the usual suspects. You wouldn't see this is most sports leagues.

As an European soccer fanatic, this is the best thing about American sports. Unpredictability. Watching the English Premier League (and Champions League to some degrees) these days is so fucking boring. Same teams winning.

rellix

I'm sure someone has mentioned it, but each of the round 1 winners thus far led their series in blocked shots.

Which bodes well for the Panthers and Rangers.

ShaneB

Holtby is quickly becoming one of my favourite non-Canucks goalie.

iwdz7tSIoATYp.gif

This gif made me chuckle :) Awesome.

Round 1 ends tonight. What a crazy first round it's been. The west is a total clusterfuck, but the east is all sorts of crazy. I'm extremly glad the Caps won, so I'll keep rooting for them, and my god I hope the Sens win tonight :( I don't care at all for the Devils, so I guess seeing the Panthers pull out the game 7 win would be nice as well.

Also, what time is puck drop tonight for the Sens/Rangers game? Want to go to the gym after work, but if the puck drop is at 7pm approx, I will have to cut things short. If cbc has the pregame listed as 7pm and puck drop at 7:30ish, that'll be fine.

gcubed

I had to laugh on TSN Sportscentre when they likened Holtby to Obi Wan Kanobi from a New Hope when he got the fake slash.

the only thing i could think of when i saw that was "that would have been way more awesome if he was Ron Hextall" because he would have beat the shit out of the guy

t0mp

Marchand is definitely number two behind Tyler Kennedy for ugliest player of the league award.

People complain about Ovi but he had 5 pts in 7 games against arguably the best defensive pairing in the league.
t1oet.jpg

voracek says hello! couldn't find a good pic, but when they show his face during the game I frequently go:
pNkRa.jpg

Interesting:

‏

Roberto Luongo, despite reports to the contrary, has not presented a list of teams that he’d waive his no-trade clause for, Mike Gillis said this morning on the TEAM 1040.
“We’ve met, but we’ve decided we’ll take our time and talk in the next few days over the phone,” Gillis said. “I’m not quite sure why something like that [the reports] would be out there.”
Gillis said he has made no decision on the goaltending situation yet.
“I think we all need to take a deep breath,” Gillis said. “The early exit from the playoffs, not meeting our expectations, can lead you to make some pretty poor decisions in a real hurry.
“I think we all need to step back for a couple of days and not do anything – think about it then begin to plan out what we want to do with this team over the summer for the coming season.
“It’s a little premature to start down that path already.”

Interesting:

Well that will keep the rumor carousel going. But chances Kypreos actually has some magical source for this? 0

@huddlej said:
Breaking news: Schneider and Luongo both traded to the Leafs for nothing in return. Source: @realkyper

EDITS:

@FlyingVHockey said:
When asked why he demanded the move, @RealKyper responded by re-stating his wish to have his media career end during a telecast as well.
@33to22 said:
Sources say @RealKyper has demanded to be traded, provided Sportsnet 5 networks he'd be willing to go to

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As an European soccer fanatic, this is the best thing about American sports. Unpredictability. Watching the English Premier League (and Champions League to some degrees) these days is so fucking boring. Same teams winning.
Is that why you cheer for the Canucks?

Curufinwe

Flyers have way too many light haired players.

Giroux is single-handedly making red hair look almost cool. There was a funny story about him today on Philly.com:

Three years ago, baby-faced Claude Giroux sat down at Haircut 100, around the corner from the Flyers' practice facility in Voorhees, for a trim.

There was some small talk, and when he was asked what was going on in his life, Giroux said he was a hockey player.

Hairdresser: "Do you play in a junior league?"

Giroux: "Uh, no. I play for the Flyers."

Hairdresser, her face turning red: "Oh. Sorry, I didn't know."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...g_Giroux__it_s_his_favorite_time_of_year.html

Curufinwe

what does Flyers gaf want? Panthers or Devils?
*we want Rangers out no matter what, lol

I wanted to play the Panthers rather than the Pens in the first round because I thought Pittsburgh would win 4-2, so I guess out of the Panthers, Senators and Devils, Florida is still the best match up for Philly. Stick Couturier on their top line and it's hard to see where they would get goals from.

I wanted to play the Panthers rather than the Pens in the first round because I thought Pittsburgh would win 4-2, so I guess out of the Panthers, Senators and Devils, Florida is still the best match up for Philly. Stick Couturier on their top line and it's hard to see where they would get goals from.

bryzgalov

Clydefrog

I think I might go to game 4 between LA and St Louis on Sunday, May 6. Does Stubhub work well for playoff game tickets? I've never been to a playoff game... looks like I'm paying well over $100 per ticket for decent seats? Ugh

Buy now or wait until game day for cheaper seats?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's pretty crazy how much the flyers image has changed, I used to hate them second to the Bruins but now that they have all these kids and Giroux coming into his own along with Bryz and Hartnell's shenanigans it's hard to hate on them. Pronger is still a prick though.

It's pretty crazy how much the flyers image has changed, I used to hate them second to the Bruins but now that they have all these kids and Giroux coming into his own along with Bryz and Hartnell's shenanigans it's hard to hate on them. Pronger is still a prick though.

Yeah not having Pronger has done a lot to make people not hate the Flyers, plus they are the most exciting team this year, for good and for bad.

I feel the exact same about the Flyers. They're now what the Penguins were supposed to be.

Youth, offensive talent and swag.

Cake Boss

Banned
Dan O'ourke reffing the florida game.
Please for the love of god dont give us Tim Peel again. If so good series Rangers and good luck next round.

Top Bottom