• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Marvie_3

Banned
Far Cry 3 also looked fun. An open ended FPS with color?! But how will I know what to do without "follow" over someones head the whole time and someone shouting Oscar mike!

New splinter cell game makes me want to weep though.
Which one of the 80000 gunshooter games was SC? I couldn't tell them apart.

I really do think if they called more penalties it would open things up and scoring would be up which would get more fans interested in the sport. As much as I hate the Devils and think they are the worst offenders when it comes to the interference, they are far from the only team doing it.
Interest might go up slightly but the reality is, hockey will always be a niche sport. The sports world is too infested with dudebros and ESPN-watching jerkoffs for hockey to ever be a mainstream sport.

Revenant

Which one of the 80000 gunshooter games was SC? I couldn't tell them apart.

It was the one set in the brown desert of generistan! Loved how they made sure he had his trademark night vision goggles on in broad daylight. Like a kick in he taint to people that loved the first 3 when it was a stealth game.

Marvie_3

Banned
It was the one set in the brown desert of generistan! Loved how they made sure he had his trademark night vision goggles on in broad daylight. Like a kick in he taint to people that loved the first 3 when it was a stealth game.

The new one was full of stealth though. He ran 15 feet in front of people in broad daylight and they didn't even see him!

Far Cry 3 also looked fun. An open ended FPS with color?! But how will I know what to do without "follow" over someones head the whole time and someone shouting Oscar mike!

I'm still angry that they screwed up my MP and made it Call of Duty like, however the campaign stuff and single player stuff looks great. I'm really angry because I loved Far Cry's 2 MP and I don't like what they have done to it in 3. Also Splinter Cell made me angry not because of the gameplay (I liked Conviction) it is that it is a different voice actor for Sam. :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Far Cry 3 was the one with boobs, that's all I remember.

Ubi won that conference by far, the boobs-nofucksgiven-far cry 3, the naval combat ac3 and the "no way this is current gen" watch dogs. MS (nothing at all happened), sony (WONDERBOOKS) and nintendo (We'll annouce a new console with ports of 1 year old games, children-and-women games and call us hardcore now) decided to just take a dump and EA's motto was "Dudebro".

I want NHL 13 now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Far Cry 3 was the one with boobs, that's all I remember.

Ubi won that conference by far, the boobs-nofucksgiven-far cry 3, the naval combat ac3 and the "no way this is current gen" watch dogs. MS (nothing at all happened), sony (WONDERBOOKS) and nintendo (We'll annouce a new console with ports of 1 year old games, children-and-women games and call us hardcore now) decided to just take a dump and EA's motto was "Dudebro".

I want NHL 13 now.

It is current gen. They were just playing it on a hefty gaming PC. 360/PS3 versions wont look nearly that good.

Far Cry 3 looks pretty iffy to me. I watched the demo and i just can't stand the main character.

And Resident Evil 6. Holy fuck. Capcom just went full Michael Bay with that shit. Are they even pretending it's a horror game anymore?

It is current gen. They were just playing it on a hefty gaming PC. 360/PS3 versions wont look nearly that good.
It's really the lighting that makes it. Everything else pretty much looks like RAGE with better lighting.

Ironside sounded awful in Conviction; like he was drunk or half asleep.
So he sounded like Michael Ironside.

I was really impressed by Halo 4. The campaign and story looks amazing. That Infinity trailer kind of had an Event Horizon vibe to it.

Smiley90

I know it is, but it LOOKS like next gen, which is what I was saying :p

Edit: and I know they must've played on pc, still looks soooo good that it looks like a next-gen console game.

Revenant

Far Cry 3 looks pretty iffy to me. I watched the demo and i just can't stand the main character.

And Resident Evil 6. Holy fuck. Capcom just went full Michael Bay with that shit. Are they even pretending it's a horror game anymore?

If that is indicative of what RE 6 will be like for the majority of the game I'd argue its the most horrifying one yet.

As for far cry its always been its own thing. And far cry can have its quiet moments as opposed to the military scriptathons that dominated the show

Marvie_3

Banned
It's really the lighting that makes it. Everything else pretty much looks like RAGE with better lighting.
The walking animation was the only thing that looked bad with it.

E3 was so boring and predictable. Guess with the economy still recovering they're playing it safe.
I think it's more that this gen is dead and it's getting too expensive to build premiere titles with any sort of originality in them anymore. Gaming is still ok if you're into FPS or TPS or dance games, but personally, I couldn't care less about those.

Also, video of NHL 13 from E3. NOTHING new in it if you've seen any of the previous videos:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/ea-video/d4b5jmabViA

If that is indicative of what RE 6 will be like for the majority of the game I'd argue its the most horrifying one yet.

As for far cry its always been its own thing. And far cry can have its quiet moments as opposed to the military scriptathons that dominated the show
Every time I see Far Cry, I just think "oh hey, its like Just Cause, minus all the things you can do in Just Cause".

Smiley90

Every time I see Far Cry, I just think "oh hey, its like Just Cause, minus all the things you can do in Just Cause".

I spent more time building maps and playing them with my friend in Far Cry 1 than anything else, Far Cry 2 was SO boring though.

Anyway, so how bout them kings cup win eh.

The only reason E3 blew goats is because it's very obvious that it's the last E3 of this current console generation.

Watch_Dogs was the obvious pinnacle.

The NHL Gamecenter for Xbox app was also very very relevant to my interests.

ShaneB

E3 was so boring and predictable. Guess with the economy still recovering they're playing it safe.

The current situation with consoles was summed up as this... Microsoft is in no rush because they're making so much damn money with the 360. Sony is no rush because they're losing so much money.

And Nintendoland. Ha.

This E3 has only confirmed one thing for me, time to get a gaming pc.

Cagey

Banned
The current situation with consoles was summed up as this... Microsoft is in no rush because they're making so much damn money with the 360. Sony is no rush because they're losing so much money.

And Nintendoland. Ha.

This E3 has only confirmed one thing for me, time to get a gaming pc.

My PS3 is now just a vehicle to play the few jrpgs this gen...everything else is PC.

ShaneB

My PS3 is now just a vehicle to play the few jrpgs this gen...everything else is PC.

Yeah, over the past year or so I've returned back to PC gaming primarily. My consoles are all collecting dust. My laptop is decent and can handle most current games, but that wont last much longer, so I figure it's time to get a nice gaming rig.

Speaking of which I want my Just Cause 3 with hopefully co-op. Just Cause 2 was soooo good. Also Halo 4 looked pretty good at Microsoft's conference and that was about it for them, everything else sucked.

calder

Meeting on Friday morning to vote on the Coyotes plan

I'm not the only one who read the initial report on the agreement in principle all confused about who was buying what from who right? I was just idly glancing at the article this morning and finally had to go wtf and re-read it seriously because it was blowing my mind. 'So, you're buying the team but the people who don't own it but want you to have it are giving you guaranteed money per year why? Doesn't that normally go the other way around? Have I just be doing capitalism wrong* this whole time?'

*with the example of the 2007 banking collapse, the answer is clearly a resounding YES. What I should be doing is constructing an elaborate economic system where I make piles of $$ selling whatever, convince the public and government what I do is complex and crucial, then if I ever shit the bed I get the taxpayers to foot the bill for my losses. Frankly, I've been an idiot to do it any other way. :(

Acid08

Banned
I can't even care about E3 this year for whatever reason. I'm only interested in 3DS games, otherwise I'm good with GT5 and a racing wheel.

Solo

Meeting on Friday morning to vote on the Coyotes plan

i71ePWvw61C0l.gif

Quick

Banned
I think I might park in a nicer area around Staples Center in case of riots after the game..

Park near a subway station, take the train to the Staples Center?

Maybe they'll burn down all of the E3 booths except Ubi's to teach the others a lesson on what you need to do to have a good conference.

Fucking this. Ubi's the only conference that was genuinely entertaining. Sony's wasn't too bad, and the rest was just shit.

Revenant

All the nerds rioting after Nintendo's 3DS showing tomorrow night could do some damage.

They can hate if they'd like but for someone like me who doesn't own the device and isn't a hardcore nintendo fan I'm actually quite interested after seeing a new luigi's mansion.

Marvie_3

Banned
They can hate if they'd like but for someone like me who doesn't own the device and isn't a hardcore nintendo fan I'm actually quite interested after seeing a new luigi's mansion.
Luigi's Mansion looks awesome.

Socreges said:
If Nintendo doesn't confirm Fire Emblem 3DS coming to NA, I'll fly down right away to join them. I earned my stripes last summer.
Can't wait to watch you rampaging through the streets of LA tomorrow.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just give me that Animal Crossing release date.
I like my 3DS, but this is pretty much the only announced game I give a shit about right now. I will never need another 3DS game after it's released.

Clydefrog

The city would need to give a shit for that to happen.

heh, not entirely true. Kings fans would not riot, but LA fuckers would. LA is a horrible city. I'm not putting anything past them...

Park near a subway station, take the train to the Staples Center?

Not a bad idea. I'm coming from Orange County though. Go-go terrible Socal public transport!

edit: wow, does this post make me look like the worst Kings fan ever? I hate so much about LA

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Oh, and speaking of games, I just beat Lost Planet a few minutes ago. Literally one of the worst games I have ever played. I would've given up on it if it was any longer than five hours, but I managed to push my way through it just because I wanted the stupid achievements. Hilariously, I've owned it since the day it came out, I just never bothered playing past the first mission until now. Can't believe I was expecting it to be good this entire time.

Acid08

Banned
Oh, and speaking of games, I just beat Lost Planet a few minutes ago. Literally one of the worst games I have ever played. I would've given up on it if it was any longer than five hours, but I managed to push my way through it just because I wanted the stupid achievements. Hilariously, I've owned it since the day it came out, I just never bothered playing past the first mission until now. Can't believe I was expecting it to be good this entire time.

Two is pretty abhorrent as well.

Marvie_3

Banned
I really need to learn to stop playing games I hate. I've had to force myself to finish so many games this gen and could have used that time to play something else.

Revenant

This would be the perfect time for one of you to explain what Animal Crossing actually is to me.

@Vatstep

Agreed, I tried the demo and other than the visuals at the time I felt like I was having no fun playing it. But it must resonate with people somehow. I remember it feeling okay to play, but the mechanics just weren't very fun to me.

Acid08

Banned
This would be the perfect time for one of you to explain what Animal Crossing actually is to me.

@Vatstep

Agreed, I tried the demo and other than the visuals at the time I felt like I was having no fun playing it. But it must resonate with people somehow. I remember it feeling okay to play, but the mechanics just weren't very fun to me.

It is absolutely nothing yet fucking everything at the same time.

Top Bottom