• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Heretic

Everyone wants everyone else to die, simple as that.
Lol!

http://ktar.com/22/1552014/Goldwater-Institute-Glendale-missing-significant-portions-of-Coyotes-deal

'"The judge said, 'I don't have the legal authority to block them from voting today, but I agree with you, Goldwater Institute, that they are violating open meetings law,'" said Rhoades. "'They are violating public records law and they are in violation of court orders to provide documents to the public and if you come back to me, after they've passed this deal, I will strike it down.'"'
This is insane...

Basically the city of Glendale(suburb of Phoenix where the Coyotes play) passed a resolution to play bloated arena management fees to Greg Jamison(potential Coyotes owner) so that the team will stay. Subsidies like this are illegal under Arizona law so thats why theyre trying to describe it as an arena management fee. The city is also a billion dollars in debt and have been cutting services. They are gong to pass a property tax increase to pay for the Coyotes subsidy which is also illegal.

Goldwater is a non-profit group that files legal action against municipalities in Arizona who violate these types of laws or attempt to cover up illegal transactions like this.

4 of the council members and all 758 Coyotes fans.

Almost all of the city of Glendale.
I appreciate the recap! This is a joke.

calder

Maybe I can find the video of it, get really drunk, do the commentaries, and make a sweet DVD release of it.
I would watch the shit out of a YouTube "highlight" video with commentary. Sounds just epically nutty.

Thanks for the play by play, made my night to read!

Alucard

Banned
I don't really get this Phoenix situation. Can Marvie give a "The Phoenix situation for dummies" rundown?

EDIT: Saw the above post. Ahh, kind of get it more now. Thanks.

Not gonna go to the game tonight, not worth the risk. If I have to pay $250 to sit in shitty seats and NOT see the cup presented/the devils win, I will just fucking lose it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
LETS GO CELTICS!

*clap* *clap*

*clap* *clap* *clap*

edit: I'd like to see NJ stretch this series out to a game 6
or game 7
I admit that I'll probably be watching the Celtics game, even though I don't think there is ANY chance they'll win.

Is ANYONE else enjoying these games? Every game has been amazing. Hell I'd say game 3 was the worst. You're all weird. Way better than last year's series where they basically took turns blowing games.

Is ANYONE else enjoying these games? Every game has been amazing. Hell I'd say game 3 was the worst. You're all weird. Way better than last year's series where they basically took turns blowing games.

AHcmQ.gif

I'm sorry, last years series was pretty dang good even the blowouts were entertaining and the crowds for both teams were explosive during the whole series.

ZeroGravity

I'm sorry, last years series was pretty dang good even the blowouts were entertaining and the crowds for both teams were explosive during the whole series.
Pretty much. Last year's series had almost everything. This year is missing a ton, animosity between the two teams in particular. It's like they're both just going through the motions. There's little hatred and fire.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm enjoying the games, but I kind of lost interest in the series overall after the Kings went up 2-0 yet again. I was expecting and hoping for something more competitive.

Also, I used to be able to appreciate seeing another team win and celebrate with the Cup. Now that the Bruins have won it in my lifetime, I can't; it just doesn't feel right.

Socreges

Banned
Devils/Kings can't (yet) touch Canucks/Bruins. I say yet because if the Devils force a game 7 (they won't), that would be something else.

I find it sad that you, a Canes fan, seem to be more excited about this game than regular Kings fans at times, or at least going by your posts.
He can't pretend if he's not putting the time in.

Heretic

I'm at the Ducks select a seat and they just said no Hagman or Blake for next season =(

Parros might not be back either. He wants to play more but they can't promise him that either.

Brookbank, same thing as Parros.

Fuuuu

Bob Murray says Ducks want to get bigger so no Blake or Hagman for next season.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I find it sad that you, a Canes fan, seem to be more excited about this game than regular Kings fans at times, or at least going by your posts.

The past few years the Kings have honestly become my "West team", I think Kopitar is an awesome player and Jonathan Quick is the best goalie in the league so yeah, I'm honestly very exciting about their games and that they'll be winning the cup tonight.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jay and Dan are national treasures, they should be on our new plastic money, and they're the only reason I watch Sportscenter.

Devils/Kings can't (yet) touch Canucks/Bruins. I say yet because if the Devils force a game 7 (they won't), that would be something else.

The most boring game 7 in the history of sport? HEH HEH

Poor Ronaldo. If he played in a competitive domestic league he'd actually do something on the international stage.

Same with Messi. La Liga is a joke.

Top Bottom