• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

PhatSaqs

Banned
I don't think you can overstate Holtby. Last night should've been a stretch for NY, but Holtby weathered it and bought enought time for the team in front of him to get going. The caps are where they are because of him, not because of the teams's play.
Agreed. Rangers would have been up 4-0 in the first if not for the kid. They came out and slapped the Caps around for 20 minutes while Holtby played his ass, nose, feet and hands off.

t0mp

I don't think you can overstate Holtby. Last night should've been a stretch for NY, but Holtby weathered it and bought enought time for the team in front of him to get going. The caps are where they are because of him, not because of the teams's play.

yeah that's true. I mean, you can argue that any team that has a goalie that's capable of carrying the team occasionally does this

Cagey

Banned
Hey now, I'm very interested to see how Gary bettman and the Illuminati fixed this years playoffs. Bonus points if someone incorporates the lizard men

According to some Rangers fans, the fix is in against them. You know, the New York-based hockey team, in the league's largest market (rofl). All playoffs long! Suspensions, missed calls, allowed/disallowed goals. Illuminati want to see the Star Players succeed, as Star Players are obviously lizard peeps, so fuck the largest market, we're gonna favor Ovechkin's Capitals... and the SENATORS too.

Socreges

Banned
Hey now, I'm very interested to see how Gary bettman and the Illuminati fixed this years playoffs. Bonus points if someone incorporates the lizard men
I don't think they're fixed, but I agree with anyone suggesting that there is a massive conflict of interest. The NHL owns the Coyotes (and has considerable interest in seeing them succeed) and the NHL also decides which referees are on the ice in which games (eg, playoff games). I think there could definitely be a subconscious pull for refs to err on the side of the Coyotes, when in doubt.

Revenant

I don't think they're fixed, but I agree with anyone suggesting that there is a massive conflict of interest. The NHL owns the Coyotes (and has considerable interest in seeing them succeed) and the NHL also decides which referees are on the ice in which games (eg, playoff games). I think there could definitely be a subconscious pull for refs to err on the side of the Coyotes, when in doubt.

I agree with it being a conflict of interest. But I certainly believe they are where they are due to their work ethic on the ice. Not bettman pulling puppet strings like some people want to suggest

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. Rangers would have been up 4-0 in the first if not for the kid. They came out and slapped the Caps around for 20 minutes while Holtby played his ass, nose, feet and hands off.

Yeah, Holtby very nearly stole that game for the Caps last night.

The Rangers finally seemed to have understood last night that you just have to keep bombarding the kid and make him eventually make a mistake but even then he very nearly outlasted our offense. It took a two man advantage in order to finally breakthrough and save the day, and even THAT was less than a tenth of a second away from being smothered by Holtby which would have effectively ended the game.

q_q

So what are the odds on the Flyers winning tonight? 50:1? I hope they do it, but I don't see how they can.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So what are the odds on the Flyers winning tonight? 50:1? I hope they do it, but I don't see how they can.
Really? I'd say their odds are pretty good. It's not gonna be easy for the Devils to close it out on the road.

q_q

Really? I'd say their odds are pretty good. It's not gonna be easy for the Devils to close it out on the road.

I'm just wondering how many teams have avoided elimination in game 5 while missing their best player. They are at home though so that will work in their favor.

Slurmer

Banned

Pretty low. Flyers won without giroux earlier in the year against some bad/decent teams, but then they played Boston and lost 6-0. The powerplay is going to look bad and I'd expect jagr and Hartnell to continue to struggle.

Really, new jersey has handled them since game 2. Bryz has done everything to keep the games close but I think the devils close it out tonight.

Cagey

Banned
Let Philly keep hitting late like Rinaldo. They'll go full retard soon enough.

Lulz at Marty chants. We've scored so many goals this year during stupidly timed chants

Curufinwe

Let Philly keep hitting late like Rinaldo. They'll go full retard soon enough.

Lulz at Marty chants. We've scored so many goals this year during stupidly timed chants

Watching it again it was milliseconds late, if it was late at all. Volchenkov just got smoked.

I'd love to see all the deflected goals Bryz has let in this year in a montage. Must be close to 100.

Now that was a bad goal. The first one was deflected off Simmond's stock and Bryz had no chance.

Top Bottom