• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Alucard

Banned
Kings and Devils for the Cup would be okay in my books. Same with Kings and Rags. Despite a bunch of alleged heavy hitters being knocked out early, these playoffs have delivered in entertainment and excitement value.

Alucard

Banned
Bryz for another 8-9 years in Philly is pretty hilarious. He'll either eventually win a Cup, and it'll be glorious for the universe, or be a goat in more than a few games.

292637_3421792658457_1079422390_33158425_2006174263_n.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Kings and Devils for the Cup would be okay in my books. Same with Kings and Rags. Despite a bunch of alleged heavy hitters being knocked out early, these playoffs have delivered in entertainment and excitement value.
Kings-Rangers would guarantee that yet another team who started the season in Europe wins the Cup (Penguins, Blackhawks, Bruins). Those trips build serious teamwork and character, no question about it. And if the Rangers win it, they'll be the fourth O6 team in five seasons, leaving the Habs and Leafs looking awfully shitty.

Alucard

Banned
This is the third or fourth playoff game I've seen in Philly where a large chunk of fans leave before the final horn. Dedication.

Solo

Kings-Rangers would guarantee that yet another team who started the season in Europe wins the Cup (Penguins, Blackhawks, Bruins). Those trips build serious teamwork and character, no question about it. And if the Rangers win it, they'll be the fourth O6 team in five seasons, leaving the Habs and Leafs looking awfully shitty.

Habs coming for dat 20th anniversary 1993 Cup next year. BELIEVE.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
arKEZ.jpg

Congrats, Cagey! I don't see how you can hate these Devils. They're not the team of old and have some really likeable players. I'm rooting for them the rest of the way.

yankeehater should be prohibited from talking shit about them for a long, long time.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Wings out

Bruins out

Flyers out

This is a great playoffs for me....

Only a couple of more teams to knock out and I will be happy no matter who wins the cup :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As fun as dogging on the Flyers can be, these Devils are one good looking team. Gonna be an interesting ECF with them in it.

Amazing that Rangers-Caps is the only series to even make it to 6.

EDIT: Just realized we might be looking at a hockey-less Thursday and Friday.

Cagey

Banned
Congrats, Cagey! I don't see how you can hate these Devils. They're not the team of old and have some really likeable players. I'm rooting for them the rest of the way.

yankeehater should be prohibited from talking shit about them for a long, long time.

I've been having an absolute blast since about January 1st, 2011. The Devils had hit rock bottom, worst first half in NHL history, and then after that my buddies and I played up every win as this huge celebration in total mockery (we spammed Kool & the Gang - Celebration in gmail chains...) but they went on a massive role and threatened for an 8th seed, and the mockery became "holy shit they're not half bad, and Kovalchuk is this team now."

Good to see revenge for 2009, when Philly utterly embarrassed us in the first round in the same manner we did this series. I had zero faith (expected Flyers in 5) we could out-attack Philly. Feels good. House money, etc.

And definitely, this isn't the team people remember from 95-98, that abandoned hope of scoring and trapped the life out of teams. We're not built to do that even if we wanted to. Our investment in our forwards dwarfs the investment in the blue line, and will remain so at least until Larsson matures and Merrill gets called up in the next two years.

Of course, all these good feelings can end miserably if we lose to the fucking Rangers.

Top Bottom