• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Revenant

if the coyotes and devils make the final.....uuuugh. Good thing Prometheus comes out right then. Ridley Scott will help us all forget.

JABEE

This is the third or fourth playoff game I've seen in Philly where a large chunk of fans leave before the final horn. Dedication.
Penguins fans as a whole know what dedication means. Look at the attendance numbers the years before 2006.

Cagey

Banned
YES you CAN do iiiiittttttttt do ittttttt

And who the fuck needs hockey with Diablo 3 game of century dropping next week.

I like the way you think.

Agreed. D3 is the best graduation present I could ever ask for. Thank you based Blizzard.

For me and my group, it's junior high all over again. Two people are taking a week vacation from work to hole up in one apartment with myself and another student and game all damn weekend next week. It's going to be glorious. I mean, by the time D4 comes out, we'll have grandkids, so fuck it.

Revenant

Agreed. D3 is the best graduation present I could ever ask for. Thank you based Blizzard.

all of us

anchorman-teamjump.gif

ShaneB

YES you CAN do iiiiittttttttt do ittttttt

And who the fuck needs hockey with Diablo 3 game of century dropping next week.

Good point. I want to finish up Arkham City before tuesday as well... so maybe I need less hockey right now.

The battletag list is getting massive, I'll have to make it a priority to add NHL-GAF.

It's 12 days early, but I'll take it as a birthday present as well. lol

Revenant

Good point. I want to finish up Arkham City before tuesday as well... so maybe I need less hockey right now.

The battletag list is getting massive, I'll have to make it a priority to add NHL-GAF.

It's 12 days early, but I'll take it as a birthday present as well. lol

I'm replaying Diablo II :lol

yea NHL Gaf should get a battletag list going at this rate.

and 8 days after mine as well, It's like Blizzard knew!

Cagey

Banned
I'm replaying Diablo II :lol

yea NHL Gaf should get a battletag list going at this rate.

and 8 days after mine as well, It's like Blizzard knew!

Every 3-4 months, I wind up having a weekend D2 bender. One of the four of us suggests it, we can't help ourselves (no one really wants to say no). Players 8, hardcore, untwinked etc. We've managed to beat the game twice, I think, with clean runs in the past 4-5 years.

I feel noobish saying it's only twice.

EDIT: my fear is that after a month of D3...we're gonna return to D2 :(

~Kinggi~

Banned
Makes sense us hockey folk like the Diablo, it clearly shows some level of superiority.

EDIT: my fear is that after a month of D3...we're gonna return to D2 :(

Blizzard's money pockets wont let that happen. They will do what it takes to make sure people like it.

Cagey

Banned
Never got the appeal of clicking something to death.

It's not just clicking something to death.

You click something to death... and then that thing explodes like a pinata! With items! And sometimes, those items are awesome!

It's like an entire game devoted to opening treasure chests.

Add in the speed and the completionist factor and it's like meth.

t0mp

LOL, we will see still 20 mins left.

Go fuck yourself, Tomp said it would be a sweep, guess he is a tabris also?

Well, I said it was a bold prediction. Yikes.

I'm..emotionless?

It's hard to hate these Devils - like everyone has been saying. That forecheck and hard work is something magical.

I've been using Lavy as a scapegoat for the entire series to blame someone, but it was definitely a mixture of both. In this series the flyers were so flat it was unreal. I feel like you can put a good amount of blame on the coach for not having the team ready to go.. but who the fuck really knows.

edit: fuck yea for D3. can't wait!

Marvie_3

Banned
Lol Glendale is offering $300+ million to GJ in arena management fees

What a joke

Well...we could take $300M and pay off this arena that we owe a shitload of money on....or we could subsidize losses for a hockey team that no one gives a shit about and still owe that shitload of money on the arena......

Brilliant people they elected in Glendale.....

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The original Diablo came out shortly after I got my first computer, and I bought it purely due to hype (I was a big PC Gamer reader at the time). I probably played it for about an hour before losing interest. I was much more into this at the time:

Kuyry.png

Haven't played a PC game since UT2004, though. I wish I had some extra cash to build one.

Revenant

I've only ever played Diablo briefly on a friend's computer. I don't think I've ever had a PC up to snuff during launch. Same goes for D3. AMD Athlon Dual-core 2.1 GHz. I've never even tried to play a game on this thing.

nYhUU.gif

in all seriousness it makes sense not to have a top of the line comp if you don't game on pc regularly or require a powerful computer for work/hobby. if it suits your needs that's all that matters

fun games though and fun to play with buddies as well

t0mp

73e672a8f495.gif

in all seriousness it makes sense not to have a top of the line comp if you don't game on pc regularly or require a powerful computer for work/hobby. if it suits your needs that's all that matters

fun games though and fun to play with buddies as well.

can we play together rev!?

please

RC

Banned
The original Diablo came out shortly after I got my first computer, and I bought it purely due to hype (I was a big PC Gamer reader at the time). I probably played it for about an hour before losing interest. I was much more into this at the time:

Kuyry.png

Haven't played a PC game since UT2004, though. I wish I had some extra cash to build one.

I still play UT2004. Damn shame no one plays assault mode anymore.

ATF487

What does that MEAN?!

Boring post spoilered

GAF has this thing about seeing casual sports fans posting a lot in threads unexpectedly in the playoffs; if called out they will frequently say they're lifelong fans of the team, just not in the thread all the time. Hence "lifelong." One of the NBA thread's exports along with calling everyone salty

The only solution is to be active in the regular season

also belated congrats to DEVILS!!!!!! fans, ECF will be a good watch

edit: just watching the flyers/devils highlights now, lol at that second devils goal. that was worse than the other terrible goalkeeping error i saw today

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Kuyry.png

Hyper blade was awesommmmeeee

Never played Diablo, but I'll be jumping on the DIII train on Tuesday.

Was watching the last few minutes of the Flyers game and the crowd was so silent. Not even a peep of excitement or encouragement?

Socreges

Banned
Boring post spoilered

GAF has this thing about seeing casual sports fans posting a lot in threads unexpectedly in the playoffs; if called out they will frequently say they're lifelong fans of the team, just not in the thread all the time. Hence "lifelong." One of the NBA thread's exports along with calling everyone salty

The only solution is to be active in the regular season

also belated congrats to DEVILS!!!!!! fans, ECF will be a good watch
The wheel was invented at least twice.

I don't go into the NBA thread and am not sure how using a word sarcastically could have a first 'origin'.

Salty has been around for YEARS, btw, but maybe you're not saying otherwise.

Also, I think ~Kingii~ has been around for a few months now, to be fair. Lead the league for several months and people start crawling out of the woodwork.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
as long as we're talking about games here, I just beat RAGE tonight

really fun shooter! go buy it
I have it, still sealed. I was thinking about maybe playing it next.

I have too many games that I will probably never play/beat. :(

ATF487

The wheel was invented at least twice.

I don't go into the NBA thread and am not sure how using a word sarcastically could have a first 'origin'.

Salty has been around for YEARS, btw, but maybe you're not saying otherwise.

Also, I think ~Kingii~ has been around for a few months now, to be fair. Lead the league for several months and people start crawling out of the woodwork.

Yeah neither of these are mutually exclusive; no one uses lifelong on GAF without sarcasm and you're right about the word salty, I just saw it a lot in the NBA thread and thought its more frequent use spread from there.

Not sure why I spoilered that original post, I'll blame it on the drinking

kaner2.jpg

Kane-6.jpg

Kaner had better clean this garbage up. I'm tired of seeing this horseshit. Grow the fuck up and represent your organization. Enough with the childish shit.

Lol Glendale is offering $300+ million to GJ in arena management fees

What a joke

I really don't see how Goldwater is going to let this deal happen. The city council itself is already deeply divided.

You know, I don't mind the Coyotes staying in Arizona, but man, the NHL has got stop getting in bed with those odorous 'owners'. Have you guys been following the Quebec arena controversy? It's disgusting what the city and province are doing with public money.

edit: I have just become a lifelong Pacers fan.

The Pacers suck. So does the NBA.
Except maybe the playoffs.

And I want the Yotes to move immediately stay in Arizona and succeed as much as the next person, but it's not going to happen. Move them somewhere where they WILL succeed.

Top Bottom