• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Socreges

Banned
Kaner had better clean this garbage up. I'm tired of seeing this horseshit. Grow the fuck up and represent your organization. Enough with the childish shit.
It's the offseason. So long as he's not beating up cab drivers or doing this kind of stuff in between games, let him live his life.

And his shirt is amazing (check out the back side).

yarrr I hate the playoffs and everyone in it

FFPDK.jpg

Curufinwe

Brodeur had plenty of issues handling the puck in this series, so it's a shame Briere had to put it off the post last night on the wraparound attempt. If he scored then the Flyers probably still lose the game and definitely lose the series, but at least Bryzgalov wouldn't have scored the series-winning goal for the Devils.

hubes

A month from now, Ilya Kovalchuk could be a Conn Smythe winner. I'll let that marinate for a bit.

i refuse to believe that the devils will beat the kings if they make it to the cup, so the conn smythe will go to future American Hero and Gold Medal Winner Jonathan Quick.

Marvie_3

Banned
kaner2.jpg

Kane-6.jpg

Kaner had better clean this garbage up. I'm tired of seeing this horseshit. Grow the fuck up and represent your organization. Enough with the childish shit.
OMGGGGGGGG A 23 YEAR OLD MILLIONAIRE IS PARTYING ON CINCO DE MAYO!!!!!

Kane can do whatever the fuck he wants as long as he shows up for training camp ready to go. Get over it.

I really don't see how Goldwater is going to let this deal happen. The city council itself is already deeply divided.

You know, I don't mind the Coyotes staying in Arizona, but man, the NHL has got stop getting in bed with those odorous 'owners'. Have you guys been following the Quebec arena controversy? It's disgusting what the city and province are doing with public money.
shitty uses of public money have been going on since the beginning of time.

Cagey

Banned
Dude's got terrible taste, though. You can go to any state university in America and find much higher quality tail within the first 10 seconds on campus.

A month from now, Ilya Kovalchuk could be a Conn Smythe winner. I'll let that marinate for a bit.
To his credit he's cleaned up his game quite a bit from his Thrasher days. He is now a solid 2-way power forward . Does he still fumble the puck a lot? Definitely. Does he flounder in the face-off circle? Yeah. Though he has come a long way.

Conn Smythe for Quick or Brown IMO.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A case could be made for D. Brown, but I don't see how Quick doesn't get it, he's the reason they even made it to the playoffs in the first place, and continues to be the main reason they're still in it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Still though, there are two rounds and if any player on the Kings has been outstanding aside from Quick, it's been Brown. The thing is though, Quick has always been great. Like you guys said, he's a huge part of the reason they've even made it this far but Brown upped his game in the playoffs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So because Quick has always been amazing Is a reason to disqualify him? Dumb reason.

t0mp

I still don't know how to feel. It's hard to explain but I'd rather us lose to this years Devils than this years Penguins.. so that's a plus I guess.

Richards and Carts will always have a place in my heart, so let's go kings.

Socreges

Banned
Still though, there are two rounds and if any player on the Kings has been outstanding aside from Quick, it's been Brown. The thing is though, Quick has always been great. Like you guys said, he's a huge part of the reason they've even made it this far but Brown upped his game in the playoffs.
irWC6ZmMEj7SR.gif

Entropia brings the nonsense.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What I meant was: Brown's play in the playoffs has been pretty damn good. He's giving Quick a good run at the Conn Smythe. It's up in the air for both of them.

I think Quick will get it, and not the Vezina

Clydefrog

Penner for Conn Smythe!

I still don't know how to feel. It's hard to explain but I'd rather us lose to this years Devils than this years Penguins.. so that's a plus I guess.

Richards and Carts will always have a place in my heart, so let's go kings.

nice new avatar, friend.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Maybe this should've been more obvious to me, but the last three teams to eliminate the Flyers have won the Cup. Devils' turn?

OMGGGGGGGG A 23 YEAR OLD MILLIONAIRE IS PARTYING ON CINCO DE MAYO!!!!!

Kane can do whatever the fuck he wants as long as he shows up for training camp ready to go. Get over it.

Our 23-year old millionaire needs to be hitting the ice instead of the bottle to work on his lackluster play so that he can address the yearly disappearing act he pulls in the playoffs.

Not to mention he's one of the faces of the franchise. You don't see Tazer or any of the others pulling this. It's time he matures a bit and focuses on his game.

At the very least keep it out of the public eye and find something better-looking than that. Jesus christ.

Socreges

Banned
wsoxfan, you're hating on the blonde on his left? Seriously?

Anyway, I don't think abstaining from parties in May is going to help him much come April.

Maybe this should've been more obvious to me, but the last three teams to eliminate the Flyers have won the Cup. Devils' turn?
Last two to eliminate the Canucks have won the Cup. Kings' turn.

Socreges

Banned
Damien Cox was just arguing on Sportsnet that "B.C. isn't hockey country" and purely because the Abbotsford Heat draw poor numbers. He ignores the WHL teams, population stats, and mentions the "success" of Hamilton (which doesn't even have much better attendance). Cox is of course from Hamilton himself.

I know that even Leafs fans hate Cox, so I'm not paving new ground here, but I just wanted to point out his latest contribution to the annals of stupidity.

Quick

Banned
Our 23-year old millionaire needs to be hitting the ice instead of the bottle to work on his lackluster play so that he can address the yearly disappearing act he pulls in the playoffs.

Not to mention he's one of the faces of the franchise. You don't see Tazer or any of the others pulling this. It's time he matures a bit and focuses on his game.

At the very least keep it out of the public eye and find something better-looking than that. Jesus christ.

Kind of hard to hit the ice when your season is done and everyone is gone. He has like 3-4 months before training camp, and I'm sure they train even before camp starts.

Being a douchebag is Kane's schtick. It's tough to keep that out of the public eye when the douchebag turns out to be a face of the franchise.

I do agree that he at least should pick better looking girls. Not a good track record on him. He's like that friend who says he has game, and ends up picking up fat chicks with low self-esteem.

Damien Cox was just arguing on Sportsnet that "B.C. isn't hockey country" and purely because the Abbotsford Heat draw poor numbers. He ignores the WHL teams, population stats, and mentions the "success" of Hamilton (which doesn't even have much better attendance). Cox is of course from Hamilton himself.

I know that even Leafs fans hate Cox, so I'm not paving new ground here, but I just wanted to point out his latest contribution to the annals of stupidity.

At this point, whenever I see "Damien Cox" on anything, I laugh and think, "oh that's just cute."

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Are the Coyotes really staying in Phoenix or is my local news not correctly informed of the situation?

It's a tentative deal

Meaning

A) investors can walk
B) The NHL could walk
C) Glendale could not approve a lease which investors want; see a
D) Goldwater could sue; see c

There is like a 50/50 chance maybe even less that it goes through

The mayor and councellors were not very pro-coyotes last night, but that doesn't mean much because I have seen a lot of "omg that's ridiculous, you are stupid to present this to me" *sees logan* "nevermind, this kid is so sweeeeeet awwwwww" *signs paper that financially dooms city*

NHL is merely announcing the tentative deal so they don't have blame when they do (should) leave

But if Glendale is truly willing to give over $300 million across 20 years, then they'll leave in 7 years anyways because Glendale will become a wasteland when the city becomes bankrupt

Razorskin

----- ------
It's a tentative deal

Meaning

A) investors can walk
B) The NHL could walk
C) Glendale could not approve a lease which investors want; see a
D) Goldwater could sue; see c

There is like a 50/50 chance maybe even less that it goes through

The mayor and councellors were not very pro-coyotes last night, but that doesn't mean much because I have seen a lot of "omg that's ridiculous, you are stupid to present this to me" *sees logan* "nevermind, this kid is so sweeeeeet awwwwww" *signs paper that financially dooms city*

NHL is merely announcing the tentative deal so they don't have blame when they do (should) leave

But if Glendale is truly willing to give over $300 million across 20 years, then they'll leave in 7 years anyways because Glendale will become a wasteland when the city becomes bankrupt

Ah alright, my local news flat out said "The coyotes have been saved and will be staying in phoenix".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Let's put this away. I really don't want to sit nervously waiting for the next three days.

Rangers need to come out firing again and just keep pressure on Holtby. Washington is going to be aggressive and desperate and dangerous, so an early breakthrough goal is going to be critical.

The Abbotsford Heat were never expected to draw good numbers.
1. It's Abbotsford. Not exactly downtown Vancouver. Hamilton is about the same distance from Toronto, but the GTA is bigger.
2. The Heat are the Flames' affiliate, not the Canucks'. Now, if the Heat are playing the Chicago Wolves (and the Manitoba Moose last year) in Abbotsford, the arena almost sells out.
3. It's Abbotsford.

And yeah, why did he ignore the Giants?

Top Bottom