• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Quick

Banned
Wrong. So very, very wrong. :( Everything in basketball happens in the last minute. And if a team is up by 6 points or more, it's usually over and it takes 20 minutes to get through the final 60 seconds. Ugh. Most buzz killing sport around today.

I very much agree, but what the hey, they're just missing out.

I think we're bound to a disappointing final either way. Devils aren't good enough and the Rangers, if they make it, will be out of gas. Wouldn't surprise me if we see our first SC Final sweep in quite some time.

I was thinking about that yesterday, when was the last finals sweep? I can definitely see the Kings winning a short series against either team.

Hunter S.

I was thinking about that yesterday, when was the last finals sweep? I can definitely see the Kings winning a short series against either team.

Last ones were 98. 97, 96, and 95 a sweep in years itself. I remember Forida being swept so well. While I was in Florida and no one cared, but the out of state Colorado fans.

Cake Boss

Banned
Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson plans to begin off-season workouts next week, looking to see if he has what it takes to return for another NHL season.

"the wife is very supportive of me playing".

2838077_o.gif

I remember Forida being swept so well. While I was in Florida and no one cared, but the out of state Colorado fans.
Blasphemy. It was crazy during the play-off run that year. If no one cared the "rat-trick" would've never happened. I remember Lindsay's diving goal as the front page of the Herald. Everywhere with a TV packed for game 7 of the ECF. Watching game 4 with tonnes of fans till the early morning as the went in it's OTs.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
If the Rangers manage to make it to the Finals, they'll win. They'll find a way, and they won't be denied. NJ/LA could go either way. The Kings really haven't had to face much adversity in these playoffs, while both the Rangers and Devils have; I can see that playing in their favor if either of them could actually beat the Kings in Game 1. I don't think there's any chance of a sweep.

Heretic

Justin Schultz has filed paperwork to leave school. Ducks have a month to sign him. Get to it, Old Man Murray!

Schultz + Dumba... Future looks promising.

Obligatory: Fuck the queens!

Wrong. So very, very wrong. :( Everything in basketball happens in the last minute. And if a team is up by 6 points or more, it's usually over and it takes 20 minutes to get through the final 60 seconds. Ugh. Most buzz killing sport around today.

American football is the same way. After the 2-minute warning if the winning team has the ball they can basically run out the clock. Otherwise the trailing team burns their timeouts trying to conserve time. It just drags on.

Solo

We can all agree that hockey is the best and the other sports are for the filthy, unwashed, un-box stretching, un-pussy dunking masses.

Solo

I really wish the NHL would do something about the schedule. Either keep 82 games and start the season in September, or start in October as usual but chop 15 games off the season. Mid-June is far too fucking late for hockey.

lucius

Some fun stats I was looking up on anniversary of Mark Messier's natural hat trick:

NY Rangers had 8 players with 20+goals when they won The Presidents Trophy in 1994, the record is 11 players with 20+goal scorers held by the Boston Bruins 78.

7 teams have gone on to win the Stanley Cup after winning The Presidents Trophy in the 26 years since its inception. Detroit Red Wings did it twice!

I think tonight will end with martin brodeur raising his hands in celebration, being a Ranger fan so sad, I have lost hope.

ShaneB

I imagine that woman's commentary is wondering what the hell was going on with Elliot Friedman's hair...... why the hell am I even wondering this?! What is wrong with me?! :(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Rangers will bring an even better effort than in Game 5, and this time, they'll actually win... 3-1 final.

Top Bottom