• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Rags are done. Devs in 6.

No way, Ryan Callahan will say to the media "WE'LL WIN GAME 6" and it will become a front page headline.

Callahan scores 3 in game 6, the last one an empty netter as he skates to his bench and they mob him.

Game 7 will go into OT, and Dubinsky will score on a weak-ass wraparound while the NYR commentator yells "Dubinsky, Dubinsky! And the Rangers have one more hill to climb baby and it's mount Los Angeles!"

Watching these playoffs the team that had the most success against the Devils was the Panthers and they skated the puck in almost exclusively. The flyers tried to shoot the puck in most of the time and failed big time, and it seemed the Rangers were shooting the puck in a lot for most of this series. I know it is hard to skate the puck in with all the interference that happens away from the puck but the Rangers have to find a way to fight through it.
Not only walking it in but dumping it in to only the face-off circle. At their best the Cats outskated the Devils D and kept the puck away from Brodeur. It also helps that we have an amazing blue-line.

Not only walking it in but dumping it in to only the face-off circle. At their best the Cats outskated the Devils D and kept the puck away from. It also helps that we have an amazing blue-line.

Yeah the Panthers played them perfectly for most of the series. If only they could have scored 1 more goal.

Socreges

Banned
About that...
The reverse jinx. It works. Just ask vatstep.

zodsG.gif
tumblr_m3exc4YOR01r03eaxo1_400.gif

Socreges

Banned
"This is not a play on sports, this is a play on women being dumb, or liking shoes, and not having any depth."
True.
"I think it really just captures the kind of conversation that happens in living rooms and bars across the country when hockey is on."
Also true.

Would appreciate NetMapel and Leeness' thoughts.

I think Bettman's dick wilted after the Devs won last night. A NY/LA final grabs so much public attention. Two biggest TV markets, Quick vs. Henrik, 8 in the west having beaten 1, 2 and 3 vs. 1 in the east having beaten 8, 7, 6. You know he had a hard-on at all the media spins and marketing that matchup could provide.

Kings vs. Devs?

Nothing to see here, move along.

Fake edit: C'mon, NYR, dig deep you fuckers.

ZeroGravity

I think we're bound to a disappointing final either way. Devils aren't good enough and the Rangers, if they make it, will be out of gas. Wouldn't surprise me if we see our first SC Final sweep in quite some time.

Clydefrog

I think we're bound to a disappointing final either way. Devils aren't good enough and the Rangers, if they make it, will be out of gas. Wouldn't surprise me if we see our first SC Final sweep in quite some time.

That would be awesome seeing as how I'm going to Game 4 :)

the nba has their own pussy dunker too.
he's name is dwayne wade.

anyone know when kings tickets will be available?
i can't seem to buy any on ticketmaster.

There was an "AMEX Presale" today on Ticketmaster for those buying with an American Express card. It started at 10 AM and apparently you couldn't even find a single seat available. So much for that.

There is another presale for season ticket holders I believe tomorrow. After that, I don't know.

I got my tickets off of Stubhub. The prices are steadily going up and up (though 2500 tickets are still available).

There was an "AMEX Presale" today on Ticketmaster for those buying with an American Express card. It started at 10 AM and apparently you couldn't even find a single seat available. So much for that.

There is another presale for season ticket holders I believe tomorrow. After that, I don't know.

I got my tickets off of Stubhub. The prices are steadily going up and up (though 2500 tickets are still available).

*checks stubhub.com*

"Priced from: $405.00 USD"
imrN41S8ySv6t.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I know this isn't exactly about the Stanley Cup, but I still feel like it doesn't belong in the OT:

Yfmk5.jpg

:'(

That's Kopecky putting his World Cup Silver Medal (which he won with Slovakia against Russia) on Pavol Demitra's grave. Such a powerful picture.

Marvie_3

Banned
*checks stubhub.com*

"Priced from: $405.00 USD"
Wait until closer to the series. Most of the time people will drop prices to try and get rid of their tickets.

nba is like hockey but in reverse.
a bunch of black dudes with the ocassional and rare white dude.
and instead of sliding around an ice rink, you get to run around bouncing a puck.
Don't ever compare the NBA and hockey.

whats an nba

also "pussy dunker" sounds kind of awesome, like he dunks pussy, ie, a good closer. sweet nickname
This guy is the living definition of a pussy dunker.

j4Hi0ivs5mbmw.jpg

I know this isn't exactly about the Stanley Cup, but I still feel like it doesn't belong in the OT:

Yfmk5.jpg

That's Kopecky putting his World Cup Silver Medal (which he won with Slovakia against Russia) on Pavol Demitra's grave. Such a powerful picture.

Fuck. I was just gonna come in here to bitch about the Rangers, but that put things in perspective.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
jmtYj.jpg

LOL! Yeah, I get it, Americans don't like hockey, but the idea of an NBA Game 7 being exciting is just too funny to me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
jmtYj.jpg

LOL! Yeah, I get it, Americans don't like hockey, but the idea of an NBA Game 7 being exciting is just too funny to me.

Any randomly selected NHL game of the regular season is more exciting than an MLB Game 7.

Socreges

Banned
I don't care for watching baseball, but I can totally get behind a tight Game 7 in the latter innings (7+). Really great atmosphere and every pitch actually has some gravity to it.

nba is like hockey but in reverse.
a bunch of black dudes with the ocassional and rare white dude.
and instead of sliding around an ice rink, you get to run around bouncing a puck.
That sounds pretty swell. Does Vancouver have a team?

Socreges

Banned

Yfmk5.jpg

Appropriate that the three medalists in the first international tournament after the tragedy were Russia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

Alucard

Banned
jmtYj.jpg

Wrong. So very, very wrong. :( Everything in basketball happens in the last minute. And if a team is up by 6 points or more, it's usually over and it takes 20 minutes to get through the final 60 seconds. Ugh. Most buzz killing sport around today.

Yfmk5.jpg

:(

I miss that guy...

Wrong. So very, very wrong. :( Everything in basketball happens in the last minute. And if a team is up by 6 points or more, it's usually over and it takes 20 minutes to get through the final 60 seconds. Ugh. Most buzz killing sport around today.

Exactly, I weep for sports fans if that is what they they truly believe, disgusting.

Top Bottom