• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Hunter S.

Blasphemy. It was crazy during the play-off run that year. If no one cared the "rat-trick" would've never happened. I remember Lindsay's diving goal as the front page of the Herald. Everywhere with a TV packed for game 7 of the ECF. Watching game 4 with tonnes of fans till the early morning as the went in it's OTs.

Well, I was in the Miami and Florida keys area and every time we talked to tour guides and people at restraunts they did not seem to know or give two shits who won the cup. It might have been different in Northern Florida. But down South the only people celebrating in the bars seemed to be Colorado tourists. Good times.

~Kinggi~

Banned
lmao why are the Devils fans shouting Henrik? You dont do that when the fucking goalie is stoning your team lol. You do it when they let up a goal or make a fuckup.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Sounds like it's mostly Devils fans there tonight!

Kinggi, I agree, but I think in elimination games the fans are a little antsy and are trying to do whatever they can.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I have Leafs fan friends who still to this day swear up and down that they would have creamed the Habs in the Cup finals. I tell them I can't hear them with the 1993 Cup stuck in my ears.

Toronto needs goaltending like serious. Felix the Cat, Cujo, Eddie the Eagle. All our best post-Ballard teams featured animal-based goalies. I don't think The Monster counts as an animal.

Lundqvist has been battling this whole game so far. I want NYC LA, that'd be a fun one.

Not watching the game since I'm at my friend's bachelor party. Heard we're down 1-0. Fuck.

Seriously, why are the rangers shitting the bed? Come on rangers. I really don't want to see that shit team go to the finals and the worst, fucking fatso lifting the cup.4

Edit: Fucccck!

Hunter S.

After that second goal my biggest hope is the Rangers pound the hell out of Jersey so the are bruised and tendorized meat for the Kings to eat alive. Chewy and tasty!!!! emmm , emmm!

So Kings and Devils, eh? That should be pretty good.

Not convinced. I think that series would play out like the NJ/PHI series with the kings thinking they can pound the Devils physically and losing focus/patience while the Devils ignore it and play hockey. Betting the Kings are praying the Rangers win since they are the type of team that will play into the Kings style.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Glad Devils will move on just to spite that giant whining bitch of a man Torts and his childish bullshit act he runs with the media.

Top Bottom