• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Just finished watching the Lidstrom press conference, the end of an era my friends. Fighting back tears because of this, he has been a part of the Red Wings for as long as I have lived, I don't know a Wings team without him...

This is such a depressing day right now and watching Lids fighting back tears during the conference. :(

It's now up to Holland to right this ship come the draft and free agency or it will be a long season.

Even I feel the melancholy of this announcement man.

a8d120aaaad211e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg

Dat backhand

Solo

According to Bobby Mac, its either Crawford or Therrien in Montreal. I wouldn't pick either myself, but if it is down to these two, please be Therrien. Experience in Montreal, experience in working with a young core, and the game has passed Crawford by.

Revenant

Great career for lidstrom. Going to be weird not seeing him out there next year. Class act and one of the best we'll see for awhile.

So there's a comment from Bettman in here that concussions were down somewhat this year. First, that's pretty surprising considering the big names. Second, I think it just points out how all this talk about how Crosby being out was evidence the game needed to be changed is bullshit. Media notice concussions when the players they try to interview after games are hurt.

I don't even want to think about the negative aspects this retirement will bring us. Only thing we can do is hope that the FA's that we want remain FA's and that Holland is able to sign them.

Cagey

Banned
Dat backhand

Confirms what I suspected: Brodeur over-thought Kopitar, figuring that if he sprawled out then the puck could easily get lifted over his legs. If he kept his leg on the ice and forced Kopitar to make the better play (elevate it), the attempt is a routine save. Oh well.

Next time, don't fuck up Zids.

EDIT: god damnit Blizzard, lemme play Diablo to distract from my Diablos hockey team. Just as I was making progress again...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty sure Lone_Prodigy was joking about how the reporter asked him about shooting backhand last night, and he responded with "I shot forehand.."

Is he actually left handed or does he just shoot left? I know I'm right-handed and shoot left... But yes, still a forehand.

You crazy!!

Actually a lot of guys are like that for some reason, I've always stuck with being right handed, speaking of which the Wings need right handed players. Time to go to the try outs!!

Also apparently Holland has already been doing some trade talks with teams during the GM meetings in New York. Holland is ready for this offseason and he is starting early, that's what I like to see!!!!

Along with that, Babs I believe just recently officially mentioned that Stuart will not be back which we all figured would happen.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is he actually left handed or does he just shoot left? I know I'm right-handed and shoot left... But yes, still a forehand.

I'm the same. More had to do with my friend wanted goalie practice so would give me his stick to shoot on him with.

You crazy!!

Actually a lot of guys are like that for some reason, I've always stuck with being right handed, speaking of which the Wings need right handed players. Time to go to the try outs!!

Also apparently Holland has already been doing some trade talks with teams during the GM meetings in New York. Holland is ready for this offseason and he is starting early, that's what I like to see!!!!

Along with that, Babs I believe just recently officially mentioned that Stuart will not be back which we all figured would happen.

This actually makes up for Lidstrom leaving.

The negative impact that Lidstrom's retirement will have on the defense will be equally counteracted by the positive impact of Stuart being gone.

All will be well.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
last year's playoff thread had 29,734 posts.

We're at 24398 this year (between the two threads) with at least three games to go. Can the Kings bandwagon drive us over the top?!

Socreges

Banned
last year's playoff thread had 29,734 posts.

We're at 24398 this year (between the two threads) with at least three games to go. Can the Kings bandwagon drive us over the top?!
Round 1: 11,200
Round 2-3: 10,000

Round 1: 18,000
Round 2-3: 5,800

ir6rBH4wIZxO0.gif

NHL-GAF grew a lot this season, makes the drop even worse.

Top Bottom