• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '13 EASHL: Counting Bettman's Zeroes

rinse82

Glad I was able to get some games in last night, great playing with you guys.

Cant believe we lost to that flourescent colored team - cheesy cpu goal

Glad I was able to get some games in last night, great playing with you guys.

Cant believe we lost to that flourescent colored team - cheesy cpu goal

Yeah, that was horse shit.

You were playing well at D.

We lost the game after you left because it matched us against some 60-20ish team thanks to EA's great matchmaking

Also, a few things.

1) TURN AUTOBACKSKATE OFF. (My NHL 13 > Settings > Controller Settings)
2) Make your weight exactly double your stick's flex. This will maximize the bonuses you get from it. Tinkering with your height helps a tiny bit with this too if you'd like.
3) DEFENSEMEN - Get the puck out within 2-3 seconds, even if it's to your defensive partner.
4) DEFENSEMEN - Change your stick curve to low so that your forwards can deflect it.

We've been playing well. Let's do this stuff and get our record back over the .500 mark.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Also, a few things.

1) TURN AUTOBACKSKATE OFF. (My NHL 13 > Settings > Controller Settings)
2) Make your weight exactly double your stick's flex. This will maximize the bonuses you get from it. Tinkering with your height helps a tiny bit with this too if you'd like.
3) DEFENSEMEN - Get the puck out within 2-3 seconds, even if it's to your defensive partner.
4) DEFENSEMEN - Change your stick curve to low so that your forwards can deflect it.

We've been playing well. Let's do this stuff and get our record back over the .500 mark.

Say what? Can you elaborate on this? I changed around my weight/height a bit when I created my skater but it didn't seem to affect the bonuses at all... as in, the number of "dots" didn't change.

Smiley90

I'd like to say that I'm really disappointed in wsox for OMITTING THE ONLY TWO CATEGORIES IN WHICH I HAVE THE LEADING RECORD IN THE CLUB from the record list in the beginning. -shakes head in disapproval-

Most Hits in a single Game (that was epic.)

and Most Blocked Shots in a single Game.

I forgot.

and sorry you didn't make their super-exclusive brotherhood after playing for god only knows how long. smh. accept my friend request and i'll add you later.

Need to start playing better D from every position, guys.

Again...

1) Defenseman need to get rid of the puck within 2-3 seconds. Quicker if there's someone there. Even if there is no pass, bank it off the boards and get it out of the zone. This also counts for shots. Wrist it quickly. If you need to do a slapper, go back and take the shot QUICKLY. Only wind up and take your time if there is no one there. Wristers are almost always better because of the risk of whiffing on the slapper.

2) Forwards. We're taking too many shots from the outside again and not passing enough. Let's get it to the middle. If it's not there, slow the play down and wait for it to develop. Involve the point (CAREFULLY).

3) We need to take advantage of the early surges we always get. An early goal makes all of the difference with the shitty EA momentum engine.

4) Be careful poking around the net with a loose puck. If the puck is loose near our goalie, DO NOT POKE.

Games tonight?

Drop-ins were infuriating today
Back to back games with a human goalie who got bored and skated circles around the zone, then a game with a looper messing everything up =/

At least the game that I lost 13-4 didn't mess up my scores....

Smiley90

Games tonight?

Drop-ins were infuriating today
Back to back games with a human goalie who got bored and skated circles around the zone, then a game with a looper messing everything up =/

At least the game that I lost 13-4 didn't mess up my scores....

Wow. I'm so glad club games have seperate stat tracking... I have some of those +- 10 games in my drop ins too, esp since I mostly play D. :/ Can't save everything myself.

I'll be on today, just doing some hw atm but if we get enough people on I'll turn on my xbox.

Top Bottom