• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Im about to go into full rebuild, though I may wait until I have picks in all rounds. #blowitupMIN.

I bet someone is interested in Granlund, but for now that's only me speculating.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Accepted the trade CakeBoss&Soc, simming now

EDIT: Went sth like 5-1-0, yayooo. Now 32-16-5, 4th in the league, 2nd in the West! Mostly due to my 3rd in the league GAPG I suppose. Phoenix and Ottawa are distancing themselves from the competition...

Cake Boss

Banned
Have players always aged in the middle of the season, becausr I have noticed some of my players who started as a 26 year old with 1 year left in development now are 27 and silfver star, no increase or deacrease in development at all.

I always thought the age and development always kicked in at the end of the season.

MacAttack

Have players always aged in the middle of the season, becausr I have noticed some of my players who started as a 26 year old with 1 year left in development now are 27 and silfver star, no increase or deacrease in development at all.

I always thought the age and development always kicked in at the end of the season.
People mentioned this was happening last season to some players.

Accepted the trade CakeBoss&Soc, simming now

EDIT: Went sth like 5-1-0, yayooo. Now 32-16-5, 4th in the league, 2nd in the West! Mostly due to my 3rd in the league GAPG I suppose. Phoenix and Ottawa are distancing themselves from the competition...

haha, niemi playing for a contract (dont tell him, he's getting dropped during the offseason)

with trade deadline looming, im thinking of perhaps moving gaborik for a starting goalie. high 80s / 90s.

Im about to go into full rebuild, though I may wait until I have picks in all rounds. #blowitupMIN.

I bet someone is interested in Granlund, but for now that's only me speculating.
whats his stats and salary

Smiley90

Simming now, somebody please tell me if/when the "last period before trade deadline" notice comes up, because it didn't show up for me last time. Should be up tomorrow or the day after, I think.

Smiley90

Okay! I didn't get a message again :lol. K, so no sim tomorrow, trade deadline until Tuesday :)

Cake Boss

Banned
Not looking for anything major, just some depth on D.

looking for a hockey trade (1for1) for a dman around the 77-81 OVR for one of my depth forwards.

Cake Boss

Banned
I'll trade my first round draft pick to the GM that eliminates Carey Price

ii3Iy9n0Z0D1b.gif

Checked some of Price's stats, he has 14 shutouts so far this season, the closest goalie has 8.

Out of his 11 losses, 8 of them were in shootouts. The game is realistic a bit that way.

theRizzle

No good wingers really... I have Hagelin (82) and Fleischmann (83). I have been using 3 C's on my top line for the last 3 seasons

Traded my 2nd round draft pick

I have Boston's 2nd rounder available, and my own first

6 million in cap left, still looking for an 85+ right winger or a superstar centre with an expiring contract

TRADE ALERT (Pending approval:)

MIN:

Mikael Granlund - C 89 OVR, AGE 26 , 4.5 White, $9.6xx (Forgot exact amount)

VAN:
Matt Duchene - C 87 OVR, AGE 28, 4.5 White, $6.3xx
Kevin (?) Shields - FWD, 3.5 White, Prospect
VAN 1st round pick

A pretty fair trade I think. Granlund is a great two-way C point producer and quite young. Should serve VAN well in their playoff push as long as the top line meshes. Duchene has pretty comparable stats, he's more even on Offensive, whereas Granlund is more high/low. Shields looks to have good potential.

Honestly, at 24-24-10 MIN is looking to rebuild with a new core. I've decided it.

I'm looking to move the majority of my guys for young prospects/picks. Check out my roster, make me an offer. Really looking for a talented young, HIGH potential goalie.

Need a goalie for the playoffs? Schneider is available. Let's make this work people!

Smiley90

I won't get to sim until tomorrow afternoon (3pm PST-ish), sorry, so you have an extended trade deadline until then! Hope nobody minds (too much)

my top 6 is set (i think they each have 20 goals)
im looking up to beef up my bottom 6 and had a bit of scoring
maybe an insurance bottom pairing d also.

Smiley90

Declined CakeBoss's trade (what did we say about trying to level a trade with the AI with picks? a 2nd round pick is essentially useless the way this trading system works, that's a 2.5star prospect or so.)

Accept the other 2 trades.

MacAttack

Just as my team starts turning it on (tied for 4th in GFA AND GAA), Malcolm Subban gets hurt for 15 games. Luckily he'll be back in time for the playoffs and the rest of my team is healthy. *knocks on wood*

Impressive turnaround after missing the playoffs the past two seasons.

Cake Boss

Banned
Declined CakeBoss's trade (what did we say about trying to level a trade with the AI with picks? a 2nd round pick is essentially useless the way this trading system works, that's a 2.5star prospect or so.)

Accept the other 2 trades.

2nd rounder doesnt make up a one year difference? ;(

Cake Boss

Banned
Ahhh yisss 1st in the league with a game in hand.
#1 in Goals for and Goals against, best PK in the league with 4th best PP.

Cant wait for my 1st round exit.

theRizzle

I was 22-29 and 3 points out of last 2 sims ago... now i am 30-32

We're playing ourselves out of a good pick, just like the real Leafs

Cake Boss

Banned
WTF just found another player that has aged in his last year of development. Thats 4 players now I found this season.

Yogan
Jarnkrok
Kramer
Thirreau

All started the season 26 years old with a year left in development. Now 27 years old and silver star.

Smiley90

WTF just found another player that has aged in his last year of development. Thats 4 players now I found this season.

Yogan
Jarnkrok
Kramer
Thirreau

All started the season 26 years old with a year left in development. Now 27 years old and silver star.

Yeah Soc and I notice that last season too :p We both just hoped it wouldn't affect offseason growth, but I don't think we noticed anything noteworthy happening.

EA.

Smiley90

Simmed!

Damn my team is really ripping it towards the end of the season, I'm like 12-2-2 in the last 2 sims.Now 47-23-7, 2nd in the West/4th in the league. KEEP IT COMING TEAM, this is the last season for a while I'll be able to do much probably, got a ton of players to resign this offseason :lol Scared of who I might lose :/

... I also have the 4th worst PP in the league, wat.

Cake Boss

Banned
Of fucking course Puempel gets injured for 37 games with 1 sim left.

And Kopitar out for 7 games.

I am going to sit Price out and all of top players out in this last sim

Top Bottom