• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

CCF23

I need a high quality winger or two...Available:

Perreault (83OV 30 years old)
Burrows (81OV pretty old)
Setoguchi (81OV pretty old)
Tvrdon (25 years old, 79OV, 3 star gold LW)
Jack Johnson (84OV, 31 years old)
Ian Cole (84OV, 29 years old)

Ladd also available. Willing to package two of those guys for a good winger. Won't package JMFJ and Cole together unless it's a REALLY good deal.

1st in the league at 12-1-2
who would have thought that niemi would be leading the charge. gonna drop him seasons end. for sure he's gonna ask for 5mil plus

mackinnon seems to finally be rounding into shape. 11 points in 12 games

My team is shit right now. Offense dropped off for some reason. I am fucking tired of the ridiculous injuries in this game. Dudes out almost half a season for concussions? I lost two top guys for 30 games+, Spezza specifically for 42. I just don't get it. So I made two moves on 'up-there-in-age' low 80s OVR FA's that will hopefully help add some strength to my core.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Alright. I'm back. I sent a join request. So yeah.

Accepted!

There was a random 2-day period at the end of the month left with 1/2 games tops per team, would've been a pretty useless sim so I simmed that one too.

2-3-2 this sim, now 13-7-3 overall. meh. Sooo many injuries.

Ennis out 46 games, Street out 35 games, White out 40 games, Garrison out 14 games :(

Also, interestingly enough, I have no realized that the only thing the AI seems to care about when deciding who goes on PP and PK is "offensive/defensive awareness". It just puts the guys highest in those categories on it, regardless of how good they actually are offensively/defensively. There's a guy on my 2nd PK with 94 def. awareness, but only mid-70's defensively -facepalm-

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Oh man! Soc was banned? When did that happen?

I was hoping to get this whole first round pick trading saga completed, now that I'm back. Whatever, I'll map the whole process out here and hopefully Soc and Indigo accept the trades.

Including Soc's first rounder from Minnesota, I had three 1st round picks in the 2018 draft:

Buffalo (15th Overall): Ian Andreychuck - Defenceman, 64 Overall, 3 Yellow Stars, 19 Years Old.
Detroit (24th Overall): Guy Bernier - Centre, 62 Overall, 3.5 Yellow Stars, 20 Years Old.
Minnesota (27th Overall): Francois Duschesne - Centre, 60 Overall, 3 Yellow Stars, 19 Years Old.

So, these will be the two trades:

To Vancouver:
Francois Duschesne

To Buffalo:
Vancouver's 2019 7th Round Pick

---

To Minnesota:
Buffalo's 2019 7th Round Pick

To Buffalo:
Minnesota's 2019 1st Round Pick

---

I've submitted both trades, so hopefully they'll be accepted and this whole thing will be over.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
In other news, the AI in this game is totally fucked.

Ryan Miller retired and left a $9.5M hole in my roster. Added to the money that I had been saving for free agency, I had around $24M of cap space. I assume this must have been below the cap floor.

So, rather than spend it on one of my free agents who was going to leave (*cough* Tomas Fleischmann *cough*), on a marquee free agent, or on a goalie better than 78 overall, the AI did this:

Player: Tukka Korhonen - Left Wing, 56 Overall, 1 Yellow Star, 20 Years Old

Contract: $8.230 MILLION DOLLARS

Seriously? That's the last time I go on vacation. In other news, my team is 5-15-3 and well on our way to the first overall pick.

i'm 18-2-3. 1st overall
my team d is amazing. making niemi look like roy. appleby (70overall) did pretty good in his 2 starts (less than 1ga) but no shutout ... may need to recheck that
re propose the trades. didnt sign in last night

MacAttack

In other news, the AI in this game is totally fucked.

Ryan Miller retired and left a $9.5M hole in my roster. Added to the money that I had been saving for free agency, I had around $24M of cap space. I assume this must have been below the cap floor.

So, rather than spend it on one of my free agents who was going to leave (*cough* Tomas Fleischmann *cough*), on a marquee free agent, or on a goalie better than 78 overall, the AI did this:

Player: Tukka Korhonen - Left Wing, 56 Overall, 1 Yellow Star, 20 Years Old

Contract: $8.230 MILLION DOLLARS

Seriously? That's the last time I go on vacation. In other news, my team is 5-15-3 and well on our way to the first overall pick.

I think you should be able to trade that contract to San Jose for a late round draft pick as a reprieve from the AI's shitty decision making.

theRizzle

Yeah, I agree.

Same thing happened to me when I had to leave the team to the AI. I traded the contract away for a 7th, and since the Sharks seem to be trying a new method of team building, I think this player would fit right in there.

Oh man! Soc was banned? When did that happen?

I was hoping to get this whole first round pick trading saga completed, now that I'm back. Whatever, I'll map the whole process out here and hopefully Soc and Indigo accept the trades.

Including Soc's first rounder from Minnesota, I had three 1st round picks in the 2018 draft:

Buffalo (15th Overall): Ian Andreychuck - Defenceman, 64 Overall, 3 Yellow Stars, 19 Years Old.
Detroit (24th Overall): Guy Bernier - Centre, 62 Overall, 3.5 Yellow Stars, 20 Years Old.
Minnesota (27th Overall): Francois Duschesne - Centre, 60 Overall, 3 Yellow Stars, 19 Years Old.

So, these will be the two trades:

To Vancouver:
Francois Duschesne

To Buffalo:
Vancouver's 2019 7th Round Pick

---

To Minnesota:
Buffalo's 2019 7th Round Pick

To Buffalo:
Minnesota's 2019 1st Round Pick

---

I've submitted both trades, so hopefully they'll be accepted and this whole thing will be over.

Accepted your trade; I hope my team will shape up because right now you may be getting a top pick. :(

Smiley90

It looks like servers are down... BJ said they're down for him too, so it's not my connection. I'll give it another 10mins and if they're not up by then, I'll either sim tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening and we just have a day of delay.

17-7-5, not bad

Whoa, the Islanders being first in the East just looks wrong

Nice, Kovy 2nd in goals, haven't seen his face up there in a few seasons

theRizzle

I can't believe how badly my team is doing... especially since I made improvements all around in the offseason.

Bad Luck Brian Burke

Smiley90

Sim done, went 4-1, not bad. only 5 games because of christmas break :p

lol@Ottawa still with the by far best GAA and PK. Seems like I got really lucky to be able to solve Price in that cup final, because all other rounds & now they seem crazy on D.

Cake Boss

Banned
See what happens when this team is healthy, one week only but went perfect in that sim ( beating tpp teams like NJ, VAN and Philly), but thats too much health for me, so they killed my leading scorer at the end of this sim, my top 4 dman that was playing in for Carlson is out and OMG Carlson is only 12 games away from being back, I wonder which dman they will sacrifice for his return.

theRizzle

I got Tavares putting up point per game numbers, while Carter and Hodgson appear to have forgotten how to play hockey. siiiiiiiiigh

Smiley90

C'mon Cakeboss, you know better than that. a 3.5star 78 in his last year of growth and 2 crap players for an 84ovr 4star Marchand?

Simming now.

theRizzle

Man, no matter what I do I can't get this team to .500, might need to look at making some changes. Cake Boss, I'll check out your offer sometime this afternoon.

Otherwise, it might be time to bring out the
olifant_tank1.jpg

I'm pretty close to the #1 pick as is though.

Smiley90

Approved the Staal trade, simming now. I hope this sim goes better than the last...

EDIT: 4-2-1... eh... could've gone better, but alright.

Also, Deadline is coming up in a few days, just as a warning! I think in 3 or 4.

Cake Boss

Banned
Dat league leading 75% point percentage.

Smiley, could you decline the 1st trade I sent out, its suppose to be a one for one trade, not the 2for1 I sent out. I accidently put Weiss on that offer.

Since its a CPU trade, I will post it here.

OTT trades
Leivo (LW) 80OVR, 3 star yellow, 25 years old, $2.5M.

For

Forgothisname (C) 79OVR, 3 star yellow, 25 years old, $900K

Dat league leading 75% point percentage.

Smiley, could you decline the 1st trade I sent out, its suppose to be a one for one trade, not the 2for1 I sent out. I accidently put Weiss on that offer.

Since its a CPU trade, I will post it here.

OTT trades
Leivo (LW) 80OVR, 3 star yellow, 25 years old, $2.5M.

For

Forgothisname (C) 79OVR, 3 star yellow, 25 years old, $900K

doesnt seem balanced.

Cake Boss

Banned
lol how so? they are basically the same player except the position they play.

Same potential, same age, the player I am giving up is slightly higher rated, the difference is cap space which I checked the other team had enough of.

lol how so? they are basically the same player except the position they play.

Same potential, same age, the player I am giving up is slightly higher rated, the difference is cap space which I checked the other team had enough of.

your right, ...
i take it back. thought i saw something else

Cake Boss

Banned
Looks like a salary dump to me

I have 10M in cap space, the cap difference is 1.6M in a 89M cap game, my weakest position is Centre, with Culek coming back, makes no sense to have him as the 13th forward with how well one of my prospects are playing on that 4th line LW position.

Funny you say cap dump because hes actually the cheapest forward I have aside from the rookies.

Top Bottom