• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

did smiley get banned for collusion?

trading block update:
marc staal, d, 86 overall, 6.5mil, 1 year remaining
michaelek, lw, 83 overall, 5.9mil per year. 2 years remaining

also anyone from my bottom 2 lines are available.
looking to beef up my bottom 2 lines and/or a goalie.
draft picks and prospects are also possible

Cake Boss

Banned
Code:
Lucic, 86OVR - Kopitar, 90 OVR- Voracek 83 OVR
Puempel, 81OVR - Weiss 81OVR - Versteeg 83 OVR
Culek 81 OVR- Jarnkrok 80 OVR- Stone 79 OVR
Leivo 80 OVR- Yogan 80 OVR- DaAgostini 79 OVR
Prince 78

Gardiner 86 OVR- Ellis 86 OVR
Girardi 84 OVR- Carlson 85 OVR
Josi 80 OVR- Thiereau 79 OVR

Price 90 OVR
Someguy 80 OVR

Should score a bit more goals than last season but probably give up a bit more.

MacAttack

2018/2019 Boston Bruins
Code:
        LW                        C                       RW
J. Neal (PWF, 85)         D. Krejci (PLY, 84)       N. Horton (PWF, 84)
A. Semin (SNP, 83)        T. Zajac (PLY, 83)        R. Panik (SNP, 83)
D. Perron (PLY, 82)       M. Backlund (PLY, 82)     M. Grabner (SNP, 82)
V. Sobotka (TWF, 82)      A. Galchenyuk (PLY, 81)   B. Connolly (SNP, 80)

J.Schroeder (PLY, 80)

LD                        RD
D. Hamilton (TWD, 85)     B. Burns (TWD, 87)
T. Brodie (OFD, 86)       A. Larsson (TWD, 84)
Y. Suave (DFD, 80)        A. Meszaros (TWD, 83)

J. Weller (DFD, 76)

G
M. Subban (81)

Got some good depth. Team should make the playoffs this year and compete for the division again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
rofl

Why'd he get banned? Time to make me commish, I'm squeaky clean on Gaf

I made fun of Templaer&CCF having a "boy's night". :p Back now.

Reminder, tonight is the last day of resigning, I'm simming straight to the beginning of the regular season after! First games will be simmed tomorrow evening, so you can get your lines and rosters done tonight/tomorrow daytime.

I made fun of Templaer&CCF having a "boy's night". :p Back now.

Reminder, tonight is the last day of resigning, I'm simming straight to the beginning of the regular season after! First games will be simmed tomorrow evening, so you can get your lines and rosters done tonight/tomorrow daytime.

what happens if we are above salary cap? if we place players in the minor, is it fine?

Smiley90

Also, do we really need 3 days of free agency? Bottom of the barrel is all that is left on day 3 :p

Well, I think of it this way:

Day 1: Make offers to the BIG free agents and awesome prospects
Day 2: See if you can really round out your team, get some 2nd/3rd liners still in
Day 3: Get some healthy scratches/4th liners in. also, maybe some extra 3star prospects to round out the pool.

Ya, that makes sense

Maybe I'm just too used to only signing guys the first 2 days and then waiting to see what injuries I have during the season

But I make sure to get depth guys on day 2

Smiley90

Ya, that makes sense

Maybe I'm just too used to only signing guys the first 2 days and then waiting to see what injuries I have during the season

But I make sure to get depth guys on day 2

Me too, but I'm just saying.

I also somehow always end up signing someone as a playoff rental before the trade deadline :lol

Smiley90

Soc just reminded me that the offseason is also for trades - where the extra day AFTER signings are done is especially necessary. Proven by the trade I just approved:

D.Keith

for

D. Kulikov
E.Santavuori
N.Filatov

Pretty intense trade, I'd say.

Simming now.

Also, Swance, you CAN put 1way contracts in minors, just because Waivers are off don't abuse the system by just keep sending 1way players up&down all the time, because that wouldn't work if Waivers were on and working properly.

Swance

Neo Member
Also, Swance, you CAN put 1way contracts in minors, just because Waivers are off don't abuse the system by just keep sending 1way players up&down all the time, because that wouldn't work if Waivers were on and working properly.

Ok?

Anyway, I'm looking to trade a D for a RW. Anyone interested?

Smiley90

I'm open to either accepting positional upgrades for pretty much any of my players for prospects, or alternatively trading away the following in return for prospects/picks:

K. Clifford - 79ovr GRN, 3.5star, 27 years
T. Hamonic - 80ovr DFD, 4star, 28 years
S. Despres - 80ovr TWD, 4star, 27 years

Cake Boss

Banned
Looking for a #2 C, whos got one?

Edit: uhmmm the San Jose CPU has gone full retard.
A bunch of 1 star 20 year old 56 OVRs are getting paid 8-9M each. There is 3 of them, and another one getting 5M for a 56OVR.

I made a few trades with the CPU for a D and an RW; my FA signings don't look as hot as I initially thought so I needed to pick up a guy for the back and front. We're allowed to make trades with CPU right?

If not, then feel free to block them Smiley.

Smiley90

I made a few trades with the CPU for a D and an RW; my FA signings don't look as hot as I initially thought so I needed to pick up a guy for the back and front. We're allowed to make trades with CPU right?

If not, then feel free to block them Smiley.

List the trades here and we'll judge them! You're allowed to make trades with the CPU (although we prefer human-human trades for obvious reasons), but the AI sucks at trading so post all trades here and we will judge them on their fairness.

General rule: would you have made the trade if you were the other team's GM? If not, then usually it's bad. :p

List the trades here and we'll judge them! You're allowed to make trades with the CPU (although we prefer human-human trades for obvious reasons), but the AI sucks at trading so post all trades here and we will judge them on their fairness.

General rule: would you have made the trade if you were the other team's GM? If not, then usually it's bad. :p

Let's see:

First trade was:

MIN:
M Stajan C / 80 OVR / AGE 34 / 3.5 stars, 3.105m

PIT:
J Falk D / 79 OVR / AGE 29 / 3.5 stars, 3.12m

Second trade:

MIN:
2021 1st AND 2nd round pick

WSH:
K Gardiner RW / 87 OVR / AGE 22 / 4.5 stars, 0.905 m

The first trade seems OK, but the second trade was a big surprise that it was accepted after all the unsuccessful deals I made previous. I would assume the WSH trade seems a bit out of line, so let me know what you think. From now on though I'll stick to human trades.

Smiley90

General: trades with the cpu should never contain picks because of their ambiguous and mostly bad value, the way the draft system works

Second trade is some of the worst trading I've ever seen rofl

General: trades with the cpu should never contain picks because of their ambiguous and mostly bad value, the way the draft system works

Second trade is some of the worst trading I've ever seen rofl

Makes sense, definitely the worst, I'm surprised they accepted it. I've no problem with you blocking either trade if necessary. When looking through some of the CPU rosters though, some of the teams are screwed up, especially SJ.

Swance

Neo Member
TB gets
Wayne Simmonds - 83 ovr - $4.455/1y - 30y

EDM gets
Paul Martin - 85 ovr - $5.005/1y - 37y

Thoughts?

Edmonton would still have 4 RWs rated 81 or above (including Ryan 86 and Yakupov 85). Martin would be their second best D behind Pietrangelo.

2018/2019 Phoenix Coyotes
Code:
        LW                          C                          RW
JVR (PWF, 88)              Kane (SNP, 90)        Gaborik (SNP, 89)
Michaelek (SNP, 83)     MacKinnon (PLY, 83)   Niederreiter (SNP, 83)
Bordson (TWF, 79)       Shinnimin (PLY, 78)     Wilson (PWF, 79)
Read (SNP, 78)            Rodin (TWF, 79)        Jones (SNP, 78)

Gormley (TWD, 86)     Byfuglien (TWD, 87)
Vlasic (DFD, 86)       Demers (TWD, 85)
Kichton (OFD, 80)        Gudbranson (DWD, 83)

G
Niemi (82)
Appleby (70)

im willing to move some players on D. also have staal in the minors. surprisingly waivers is no for him

Smiley90

2018/2019 Phoenix Coyotes
Code:
        LW                          C                          RW
JVR (PWF, 88)              Kane (SNP, 90)        Gaborik (SNP, 89)
Michaelek (SNP, 83)     MacKinnon (PLY, 83)   Niederreiter (SNP, 83)
Bordson (TWF, 79)       Shinnimin (PLY, 78)     Wilson (PWF, 79)
Read (SNP, 78)            Rodin (TWF, 79)        Jones (SNP, 78)

Gormley (TWD, 86)     Byfuglien (TWD, 87)
Vlasic (DFD, 86)       Demers (TWD, 85)
Kichton (OFD, 80)        Gudbranson (DWD, 83)

G
Niemi (82)
Appleby (70)

im willing to move some players on D. also have staal in the minors. surprisingly waivers is no for him

Wat? Why do you have Staal in Minors? oO... We're not allowing the burying of contracts in the minors. If you've made some terrible cap management moves you'll have to drop some players...

Smiley90

its says no on waivers for him though, if its a problem i;ll let him go

That's most likely a mistake by the game, but a 31 year old 86 overall Marc Staal is most definitely waiver eligible.

Either he stays down in the Minors all season long and plays 0 NHL games (aka Wade Redden), or you'll have to trade him or some other piece away. If you can't find someone from us to do it with, then you'll have to do it with the AI. I've run into a similar situation before and traded away salary for crappy picks because I was over the cap and sticking awesome players in the minors is kind of against the spirit of the game, don't you think? :D

You don't have to get rid of him per se (unless that's what you choose to do), it can be another salary piece too.

That's most likely a mistake by the game, but a 31 year old 86 overall Marc Staal is most definitely waiver eligible.

Either he stays down in the Minors all season long and plays 0 NHL games (aka Wade Redden), or you'll have to trade him or some other piece away. If you can't find someone from us to do it with, then you'll have to do it with the AI. I've run into a similar situation before and traded away salary for crappy picks because I was over the cap and sticking awesome players in the minors is kind of against the spirit of the game, don't you think? :D

You don't have to get rid of him per se (unless that's what you choose to do), it can be another salary piece too.

whatevr everyone decides. i was actually goinbg to put him on waivers

Smiley90

whatevr everyone decides. i was actually goinbg to put him on waivers

I'm sure you'll be able to find some acceptors for him either here or among the CPU. Let us know once you've got a trade set up with the CPU if nobody here makes you any offers and then we can get this over with :D

Smiley90

Alright, simming now.

I've accepted the Edmonton/Tampa trade(there was no real concern posted in here and Martin IS better than Simmonds, and he's not signed to a crazy contract that will screw them over long-term), but I'm never ever ever ever gonna accept that Washington trade LOL.

I've also accepted the Minnesota/Pittsburgh trrade. Stajan is an 80, not signed to a backbreaking contract, not declining yet, while Falk is a 79 and signed for 5 years. Plus, no concern was voiced in here.

Smiley90

Also:

Socreges said:
Code:
        LW                        C                       RW

Z. Parise (PLY, 90)         M. Duchene (PLY, 87)       P. Kessel (SNP, 88)

C. Kreider (PWF, 87)      J. Staal (TWF, 85)          K. Tochkin (PLY, 82)

T. Boyer (SNP, 81)         M. Johansen (PLY, 81)     C. Coyle (TWF, 83)

B. Ranford (TWF, 79)      T. Hertl (TWF, 81)        P. Holland (TWF, 78)

[A. Lander (TWF, 78)]

D. Keith (OFD, 90)     V. Hedman (DFD, 86)

N. Beaulieu (OFD, 85)       K. Alzner (DFD, 85)

F. Corrado (TWD, 80)        C. Murphy (TWD, 79)

[R. Blidstrand (DFD, 78)], [J. Rissling (DFD, 78)] 

Goalie

H. Lundqvist (89)

L. Brossoit (79)

My best lineup yet, I think.

i got offered a trade from Anaheim i think
i countered with staal and they accepted. dont honestly remember what the trade was, this shit is so laggy. tell me if you think its fair because i have no clue what got accepted

Smiley90

i got offered a trade from Anaheim i think
i countered with staal and they accepted. dont honestly remember what the trade was, this shit is so laggy. tell me if you think its fair because i have no clue what got accepted

You offered essentially Staal and a 3star prospect for a 23 year old, 84ovr 4.5star D-man.

That's not balanced, sorry, the other guy is going to be AT LEAST as good as Staal next year already, and he's 8 years younger... possibly going to be one of the best d-men in the game. To make up for that you'd have to at least send him another 4star prospect on top of Staal back, or ask for less in return.

Going to sim now.

You offered essentially Staal and a 3star prospect for a 23 year old, 84ovr 4.5star D-man.

That's not balanced, sorry, the other guy is going to be AT LEAST as good as Staal next year already, and he's 8 years younger... possibly going to be one of the best d-men in the game. To make up for that you'd have to at least send him another 4star prospect on top of Staal back, or ask for less in return.

Going to sim now.

ya doesnt seem very fair. they asked for mackinnon initially

anyway gonna waive staal for anyone who wants him. last year of a 6mil deal

theRizzle

Finally able to get back to my Xbox today to set my lines how I want them.

Can't say I'm happy with a 2-4-4 record after adding all those pieces, but hopefully a little lineup tinkering will help.

Markstrom has a 2-4-1 record with a 1.95 GAA and .94 SV%, so D is obviously not the issue. I'm not sure how my lines have been set but Jeff Carter with 2 points in 10 games doesn't seem right at all.

Top Bottom