• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Almost all my key players already locked up, goalie didn't want nearly as much as I thought he would......miiiight be able to add a piece

Im finally going to have the chance to log in and check things out, sign some folks, in a bit. Ugh. Hope I'm not behind. So wish the companion app was more functional...

Im finally going to have the chance to log in and check things out, sign some folks, in a bit. Ugh. Hope I'm not behind. So wish the companion app was more functional...

You aren't behind, Smiley won't sim for another 5 hours or more

Just keep in mind you have 3 sessions to sign your players so you don't have to give in to their demands the first day, and be careful how many dollars you offer overall

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I simmed while gaf was down, day 2 now!

Karlsson denied my first offer grrrrr, better accept my 2nd.

Nice, most of my guys re-signed. Only one that hurt a little was Granlund . He wanted like 9.57m; gave him that for 4 years. He's one of my top guys and he's young. Got some nice prospects who signed a few years and should progress nicely.

Smiley90

I'll go sim in 5mins, then it'll be the last chance to resign your players or put in a qualifying offer for them!

MacAttack

I'll go sim in 5mins, then it'll be the last chance to resign your players or put in a qualifying offer for them!
I sent you a PM, but just to be sure, don't drop me. I've re-signed a few guys but apparently you didn't notice and sent me a pm saying you were going to drop my team, the Bruins.

pretty much done with my resigning. bought out quite a few players (lower end, useless ones) to free up roster space. also i bought out Ladd

MacAttack

Grabner and Meszaros are my last two unsigned UFAs. Gave them both offers tonight, if they accept I am at the cap with a full roster. If one of them doesn't sign I could add one or two players in free agency.

Who do you have to trade?

Made some offers to free agents, if I add the RW I targeted then I think its safe to say I'm going to finish top 4 in the East again

Smiley90

Oh btw, Soc said Hertl was one of the glitchy demand-changers and he'll match any offer sheet. :p

Cake Boss

Banned
I am looking to unload

Callahan 83 OVR, 33 years old, 4 star silver $4.5M
Palmieri 82 OVR, 28 years old, 3.5 star silfver, $3.1M

and maybe one of Josi or Girardi.

looks like kostitsyn is being a bitch. gave him more than he asked and still decided to test free agency

I am looking to unload

Callahan 83 OVR, 33 years old, 4 star silver $4.5M
Palmieri 82 OVR, 28 years old, 3.5 star silfver, $3.1M

and maybe one of Josi or Girardi.

will see how free agency goes

Smiley90

Holy shit... Soc just pointed this out to me. Check out San Jose's goalie.

Martin Down - 20 years old - 4.5star yellow.... 87 overall.

SHIIIIIIT.

That's their first overall pick from last year I think. I say GODDAMN.

Smiley90

lol I have a trade request from the rangers...

Sharp (86 LW) and Ehrhoff (84 OFD)

for 2 4star prospects and a 3star prospects

and one from the Avs

Datsyuk (39 years old and still going 86ovr strong), Lombardi (81) and Moen (76) for a 3.5star prospect and a 1st lololol

Sadly, those trades are so imbalanced I won't even ask :(

I'll sim soon, just gonna get some offers in myself first

Smiley90

Sim done!

WHO OF YOU LUCKY BASTARDS GOT BOUYER :( -goes through signings- Vancouver AGAIN? Seriously, why does Vancouver keep getting ALL the prospects signed, it's not even fair anymore. I'm pretty sure this has been happening every other sim too :lol. Grachev AND Boyer... AND Reddox, the 4star goalie prospect... and Perzyna the 3.5star prospect... just not fair. every sim. EA man.

AND WHO GOT TAVARES :( FU TORONTO so sad I got neither :'( I got... nobody good, fml.

theRizzle

Wow, I am staggered that I actually managed to land a good free agent. Must have been because I let half my team go.

So far I've added:

Tavares - C (88)
Carle - D (86)
Fleischmann - LW (83)
Poulin - G (82)
Lindberg - C (80)

I still have 13 mil thankfully... but also a few roster spots to fill. Wish I could have gotten JVR too :(

Smiley90

Wow, I am staggered that I actually managed to land a good free agent. Must have been because I let half my team go.

So far I've added:

Tavares - C (88)
Carle - D (86)
Fleischmann - LW (83)
Poulin - G (82)
Lindberg - C (80)

I still have 13 mil thankfully... but also a few roster spots to fill. Wish I could have gotten JVR too :(

Trade me Tavares for Seguin++, plzkthx

I got Blake Wheeler, plan the parade!

Possible lines

Kovy 90 - Henrique 84 - Gallagher 83
Nyquist 88 - Colborne 83 - Wheeler 82
MacArthur 84 - O'Reilly 82 - Hornquist 81
Umberger 84 -Talbot 78 - Westin 81

Gilbert 84 - Bogosian 86
Nygren 83 - Martinez 83
Tinordi - 82 - Thrower 80

Missaien 85
Visentin 81

/depth

Gonna switch Wheeler and Macarthur, Hornquist and Umberger though

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Alright, guys. Just checking in from my vacation. Can anybody tell me if the AI managed to sign the following players for Buffalo:

Jan Mursak
Slava Voynov
Kyle Okposo
Manny Malhotra
Brett Bulmer

I already know that it passed on Fleischmann. Bummer.

MacAttack

Alright, guys. Just checking in from my vacation. Can anybody tell me if the AI managed to sign the following players for Buffalo:

Jan Mursak
Kyle Okposo
Manny Malhotra
Brett Bulmer

I already know that it passed on Fleischmann. Bummer.

Jan Mursak -yes
Kyle Okposo -yes
Manny Malhotra -no
Brett Bulmer -yes

I cant believe I ended up with Grabner after not being able to sign him with the three offers during the re-signing period. I signed him to the same contract I offered him on the last re-signing day.

He was my back up plan if I didnt get the free agents I really wanted. oh well.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Jan Mursak -yes
Kyle Okposo -yes
Manny Malhotra -no
Brett Bulmer -yes

I cant believe I ended up with Grabner after not being able to sign him with the three offers during the re-signing period. I signed him to the same contract I offered him on the last re-signing day.

He was my back up plan if I didnt get the free agents I really wanted. oh well.

Phew. Thanks. How about Slava Voynov?

Smiley90

Ya... I guess you missed Smiley's late night meltdown about 15 posts up. lol

Yeah... I just remember Vancouver also getting Rask&Mattaa in one of the early offseasons, I'm not sure why they get all of them :p the only prospect I've ever gotten out of free agency is Hanzal I think. :/

Cake Boss

Banned
He probably gets Smiley to text him soon as he finishes the simming so he would be the first one offering contracts.

Slimey motherfucka

Yeah... I just remember Vancouver also getting Rask&Mattaa in one of the early offseasons, I'm not sure why they get all of them :p the only prospect I've ever gotten out of free agency is Hanzal I think. :/

No one wants to play in Columbus, even after winning a cup

Signed on earlier this morning to put in some FA offers. Did I miss something?

Wonder how this will all pan out.

Ah perhaps I missed the first day of FA? That's okay, I didn't much cash, and if the guys I offered to sign I will be content for next season.

Top Bottom