• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 |OT| You can't lock out virtual hockey

Socreges

Banned
The SC Collector's Edition CCM Boost pack. I have the 360 version and the code is five characters too long. 360 codes can only be 20 and this code is 25. Am I doing something wrong here?
Haven't tried to enter that one yet, but the instructions say you should enter it at the Marketplace --> Redeem Code instead of My NHL like with the other code.

Does anyone have any tips on defense? Man im struggling. Ive played all the NHL games i used to be good at it, now since these new controls, im consistently running after the puck in my zone, its becoming extremely frustrating. I absolutely despise these new controls.

Marvie_3

Banned
I love how when making one of those wide turns my guy just skates straight into the boards. It's so realistic!

I'm just glad they removed the ability to injure yourself when accidentally checking the boards. So many pointless injuries last year......

I love how when making one of those wide turns my guy just skates straight into the boards. It's so realistic!

Whats even better is the fact that you cant skate at a normal speed anymore. You either speed bust and lose all agility, or not press up all the way and not skate at all but glide. Yes, so much better this way....

Theyve basically made it real simple for me this year by fuckin up the controls. FIFA will be my sports game of choice.

Sandman42

This game is just awful online still (EASHL). I've gotten all the way to Veteran 3 and I'm still not able to score anymore than 1-3 goals a game with the club. The ai goalies are inhumanly good at saving even the most well placed one timers and seem to get beat exclusively by rebound goals (the goalies give out a ton of HUGE rebounds) or computer controller players.

I feel like a majority of the games are decided by dumb luck, it's really discouraging to outshoot an opponent 32-7 and lose 3-2.

I'm hoping for a tuner to turn down the amount of show stopping saves and turn up the scoring. Again this is eashl all the other modes seem alright for scoring.

Cake Boss

Banned
Does anyone have any tips on defense? Man im struggling. Ive played all the NHL games i used to be good at it, now since these new controls, im consistently running after the puck in my zone, its becoming extremely frustrating. I absolutely despise these new controls.

Sit way back because of cherry pickers asking for the puck everytime. No longer is sitting at the other teams blueline is safe you have to sit around the neutral zone to have a chance.

Use your stick and dont back off the forwards when they are coming, be agressive and push them to make a move, dont just fall back until the both you are at the goalie.

Turn off auto backward skating in the main menu and always be in motion and skating, your momentum really matters when trying to keep up with the forwards when yout backward skating.

Other than that, turn up your stick checking and master it. Use the 2way dman build.

Socreges

Banned
Turn off auto backward skating in the main menu and always be in motion and skating, your momentum really matters when trying to keep up with the forwards when yout backward skating.
Did not know you could do this. Gonna make a big difference, thanks.

Cake Boss said:
Other than that, turn up your stick checking and master it. Use the 2way dman build.
Do I change those things in the same menu?

Sit way back because of cherry pickers asking for the puck everytime. No longer is sitting at the other teams blueline is safe you have to sit around the neutral zone to have a chance.

Use your stick and dont back off the forwards when they are coming, be agressive and push them to make a move, dont just fall back until the both you are at the goalie.

OMG this was driving me insane!!! thx

theRizzle

Anyone had an issue with not getting pucks in HUT? I've played 2 games in a row now and not had the pucks added to my total.

I also didnt get credit for the win on my record, but advanced in the tournament bracket.

Card Flipping in HUT is so awesome :D

Not too sure what to search yet, but i searched buy now maximum 1,000 pucks and bought a Fedetenko from the Rangers (82 Overall) for 450 pucks. Then i resold him for 1,000 pucks and that is because i put 1k pucks as the buy now price and the bid that won matched that price, so now i know to make it higher next time, but i still received a nice profit!

Hari Seldon

I swear to christ, EA must have one fucking 386 running on a god damn hamster wheel to handle these fucking connect to server requests. Jesus christ this is the last NHL game I buy forever. I just cannot take the 10 fucking minutes it takes to launch the god damn game till when I can get into a game.

Quick

Banned
Has anyone tried giving the opposing goalie a snow shower? The snow actually sticks to the goalies, and the commentary mentions that the other team "isn't going to like that."

Nice little addition.

Lemonte

It feels like every time EA decides to bring something new to NHL it takes them few years to perfect it. Let's hope NHL 14 is a lot better...

Is it just me, or are there a lot more presentation glitches and bugs this year? Things like the audio cutting out for a second after a goal, or the background video glitching out during the intermission menus, etc.? Never really noticed that kind of stuff in an NHL game, but there's a ton of them now.

Also, I'm finding the default camera view to be really blurry compared to previous years, though the closer camera views (shootouts, replays, etc) seem crystal clear. Yet I didn't find this to be the case in the LA/NJ & LA/PHO demo we got at all. Looks like it's the lighting system or something. Anyone else agree?

Yeah, EASHL is some ugly shit right now. I mean, hockey isn't pretty all the time, but my C-league games look more like real hockey than EASHL right now. Ugh.

Socreges

Banned
YOU'RE A BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
killyourself.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Is it just me, or are there a lot more presentation glitches and bugs this year? Things like the audio cutting out for a second after a goal, or the background video glitching out during the intermission menus, etc.? Never really noticed that kind of stuff in an NHL game, but there's a ton of them now.

Also, I'm finding the default camera view to be really blurry compared to previous years, though the closer camera views (shootouts, replays, etc) seem crystal clear. Yet I didn't find this to be the case in the LA/NJ & LA/PHO demo we got at all. Looks like it's the lighting system or something. Anyone else agree?

I've noticed the same things.

Quick

Banned
When did they fix something?

Well played, Marvie.

On another note, Tuner updates are for gameplay stuff right? I feel like skating's been tweaked a little. It doesn't feel as "heavy" as it initially did.

It's either that, or I just got used to it pretty fast.

Marvie_3

Banned
Well played, Marvie.

On another note, Tuner updates are for gameplay stuff right? I feel like skating's been tweaked a little. It doesn't feel as "heavy" as it initially did.

It's either that, or I just got used to it pretty fast.

Tuners can change most things in the game, even disable some menu options. They post what the tuners change on the EA forums.

Lourio

Cake, can you point me in the direction of where I can find this option? Does it set it across the board for all game types ie. offline, online?

Tried looking for it yesterday but was getting frustrated with the menu system; it can be really confusing at times when looking for something specific.

oneils

I have this on PS3. I'm having problems figuring out how to log in to my origin account from the game.

When I went to manage my origin info, it already had my room-mate's email address pre loaded (she had an origin account for EA active and played EA active on my PSN account).

I can't seem to change the email address to my own address. I change the email address, and add my password and it says "invalid password." Am I doing something wrong?

Am I screwed?

EA help is not much help.

How about you guys? Any clue how to fix this?

GAF, I need some help I am fairly new to HUT (been playing the game for years but first time playing HUT). So I was browsing around the auctions and says Ryan Ellis with a 99 in the left hand corner, so I made a bid of 5K and got him at 5100. Is this a scam? What does the number in the left hand corner mean? Also should I sell him, and for how much?

So i guess this means were not getting a proper roster update for teams all year? The Montreal Canadiens, as usual, are completely wrong with players who are no longer on the team still on the ice and players who are on the team who aren't even on the roster. Every god damn year...

So i guess this means were not getting a proper roster update for teams all year? The Montreal Canadiens, as usual, are completely wrong with players who are no longer on the team still on the ice and players who are on the team who aren't even on the roster. Every god damn year...

There are NHLPA rules as to who should be on the rosters. EA really can't get the rosters right until opening night because thats when they are allowed to put rookies on the right teams and when they can get rid of the extra players on rosters who aren't there anymore (which they probably keep to pad out the rosters until the rookies are allowed to be on the team). And the NHLPA are the ones who approve the rosters and roster updates.

There are NHLPA rules as to who should be on the rosters. EA really can't get the rosters right until opening night because thats when they are allowed to put rookies on the right teams and when they can get rid of the extra players on rosters who aren't there anymore (which they probably keep to pad out the rosters until the rookies are allowed to be on the team). And the NHLPA are the ones who approve the rosters and roster updates.

Ah well thats sucks. That means if theres no season, theres no roster update to just make the teams rosters right, the way they should have been at launch.

Top Bottom