• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 |OT| You can't lock out virtual hockey

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No. EA posted something about it on their forums. Something went wrong on their end(surprise surprise) and they're trying to fix it.

They sent me an email about it too, telling me they'll send me my bonus code once they have it working :(

I appreciate what they have tried to do in NHL 13. And I will still play it since I'm a huge hockey fan (and just starting to play for the first time - first ever game is this Sunday!ohgod!), but I'm not super digging it like previous years.

Sliders guys. Play with them. I had lots of passing issues and now I'm doing alright. Also, be more disciplined. It's very important that your man is free.

MacAttack

Just played an OTP game with two of the worst types of people; the net-hanging sticktapper and the d-man who doesn't want to be a d-man.

BRUTAL.

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh never mind game is gud again. Just had a 4 goal club game.

Its really important who you play with, some of the people in my club still struggling to get use to the new stuff.

Anybody else not getting the Day 3 reward for HUT? I've been checking in periodically and it still says Day 2 complete for 50 pucks but hasn't advanced to Day 3 yet for some reason :/

Hmm, I'm getting destroyed in HUT.

Haven't won a game in like...8 now

Really new to NHL, so just trying to focus on building up chemistry and getting people from the same team paired up.

Cake Boss

Banned
Have any of you guys figured out the faceoffs?

It seema I can only win those grip holding faceoffs which are usually too slow to get to my dman and get intercepted all the time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Have any of you guys figured out the faceoffs?

It seema I can only win those grip holding faceoffs which are usually too slow to get to my dman and get intercepted all the time.

Said it in another thread already, but you have to push the right stick left/right first and hold it there to select a position and then pull backwards upon puckdrop. Do you do that?

Cake Boss

Banned
Said it in another thread already, but you have to push the right stick left/right first and hold it there to select a position and then pull backwards upon puckdrop. Do you do that?

OMG PLEASE HAVE MY BABIES YES!!!

I have been doing that except I have been pressing UP instead of down.

Now it works yay.

Filth

OMG PLEASE HAVE MY BABIES YES!!!

I have been doing that except I have been pressing UP instead of down.

Now it works yay.

im just curious as to why you would be pressing up? if the same thing is happening over and over woudnt you try something different? ;_;

LevityNYC

Banned
They just released new tuners for online ranked. Looks like they tuned down the poke checking and upped the hitting (thank god)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just played an OTP game with two of the worst types of people; the net-hanging sticktapper and the d-man who doesn't want to be a d-man.

BRUTAL.
The only d-man who play in OTP are the ones that think they're forwards. At least those are the only ones I ever seem to get stuck with.

Socreges

Banned
So I traded in two games and got the Stanley Cup Edition, which I really didn't care to get otherwise.

So it comes with: Wayne Gretzky with 88 attribute rank
It doesn't come with: A mother fucking manual. Huh??

Can anyone else with the SCE comment? Is my copy the exception or is this some horrible idea by EA?

Revenant

So I traded in two games and got the Stanley Cup Edition, which I really didn't care to get otherwise.

Can anyone else with the SCE comment? Is my copy the exception or is this some horrible idea by EA?

physical manuals are all but dead. there is a digital manual in the game.

Marvie_3

Banned

Saving the 2 cents it would have cost them to print a manual is vital to EA's survival.

I was playing D in a drop-in game
Was in the box for an interference penalty, booo
Got out of the box, called for a pass from an AI player, broke in all alone, deked the goalie short side
Goooooooooooooal :)

Hmm, I'm getting destroyed in HUT.

Haven't won a game in like...8 now

Really new to NHL, so just trying to focus on building up chemistry and getting people from the same team paired up.

Being really new wont help much since this is one of the hardest NHL games in years IMO. Goalies are better (finally) but with the addition of the new skating controls games are way more balanced. Played nothing but Club/TP today and had at least 6-7 OT games that were 0-0 or 1-1.

I'll enjoy it a lot more when my guys around an 80

shlimmy

Neo Member
Waiting for this to arrive on Saturday from Amazon. In the meantime, watched the Giantbomb QL.

Like two heavens meeting to create a super-heaven. I should be sleeping but can't stop laughing

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No you didn't. You only score goals like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfqHze3S_Xk
ibmVFCZsNUbIo7.gif

Socreges

Banned
Just played my first game. I'm pretty god awful. Went through the tutorial without any challenges (Press Y.. then press RB... got it!), but once I had to do all that shit in real time I was fucked. Will take some time to get comfortable enough with the mechanics that I can actually create legitimate scoring chances.

Just going through all the other threads right now (GM Connected, EASHL) and am pretty impressed by everything Marvie's done. What a pillar.

Gotta get my act together now. Where do I find out gamer tags?

Filth

Just played my first game. I'm pretty god awful. Went through the tutorial without any challenges (Press Y.. then press RB... got it!), but once I had to do all that shit in real time I was fucked. Will take some time to get comfortable enough with the mechanics that I can actually create legitimate scoring chances.

Just going through all the other threads right now (GM Connected, EASHL) and am pretty impressed by everything Marvie's done. What a pillar.

Gotta get my act together now. Where do I find out gamer tags?

ill play some games against you.... xbox live: philooch should i go easy on you or straight up LA KINGS you?

Socreges

Banned
Good game, Filth. Gonna bow out - too late. I'll get my mic working for next time.

Was interesting to compare my play with yours. I obviously have no idea how to protect the puck (which you killed me with). Another is that I have no idea how to keep my dmen where I want them to be. So I'm constantly skating by your guys, even when they're standing still at the point.
KuGsj.gif

And how do you do fast passes? I feel like mine are incredibly slow.

That second goal by Prust was sweet.

Filth

Good game, Filth. Gonna bow out - too late. I'll get my mic working for next time.

Was interesting to compare my play with yours. I obviously have no idea how to protect the puck (which you killed me with). Another is that I have no idea how to keep my dmen where I want them to be. So I'm constantly skating by your guys, even when they're standing still at the point.
KuGsj.gif

And how do you do fast passes? I feel like mine are incredibly slow.

That second goal by Prust was sweet.

The second goal was pretty crazy. It was by rupp though. Prust went to Montreal :(. Hard passes you have to hold the right trigger down like 2 seconds longer. You don't just tap it. You'd tap it if the guy you wanna pass to is right next to you. You didn't play bad though. I'm very aggressive and was attacking the majority of the game. If you keep playing you'll get the hang of it. The learning curve now is relearning how to skate so your guy does what you want him to do.

Socreges

Banned
The second goal was pretty crazy. It was by rupp though. Prust went to Montreal :(. Hard passes you have to hold the right trigger down like 2 seconds longer. You don't just tap it. You'd tap it if the guy you wanna pass to is right next to you. You didn't play bad though. I'm very aggressive and was attacking the majority of the game. If you keep playing you'll get the hang of it. The learning curve now is relearning how to skate so your guy does what you want him to do.
Hah, Rupp. That's even worse. Anyway, was fun. I'll work on my fundamentals. Where's Virtual Gary Roberts.

Being really new wont help much since this is one of the hardest NHL games in years IMO. Goalies are better (finally) but with the addition of the new skating controls games are way more balanced. Played nothing but Club/TP today and had at least 6-7 OT games that were 0-0 or 1-1.

I'll enjoy it a lot more when my guys around an 80

Heh yeah , I lost a close game last night because I couldn't convert any chances .

Part of me has mentally started to believe that hockey is a game where two teams of guys in suits negotiate agreements.

Thank god for NHL 13.

Cake Boss

Banned
My god, getting your guy to 80 something in speed, acceleration and agility makes all the difference. I grinded my through and didnt buy any boost packs, fuck you EA.

Cake Boss

Banned
HOLLYYY SHEEEETTT AT THIS AI DEFENSE. HOLY FUCK.

My salty fucking balls you improved the AI EA. They are dumber than ever before.

Just lost 9-1 in HUT .....I suck

Cant convert any chances barely , whereas my opposition can seemingly shoot at will .

We should try playing sometime in HUT...If you think i'm too good we can stop, but it might be some good competition. I'm not that good in online versus/online HUT etc.. My gamertag is my GAF username.

Top Bottom