• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 |OT| - Feature Lockout Edition

The worst thing about this for me is that there will be the IIHF World Championship in my country next year and of course all the retailers here know this, so they bump the price up and charge around 80 dollars for the stripped down version. And yet, everyone will still buy it here (including me probably). The hype's simply too big.
And you won't even be able to play a tournament in NHL 15 since the mode is gone!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think FIFA's dev team has far more resources than the NHL team to make their game.

If I ranked the dev resources per franchise, I'd probably rank them this way:

1. FIFA
2. Madden
3. UFC
4. Golf
5. NHL
Below golf? I dunno. .. maybe when Tiger was big but I doubt now. Then again, looking at what they shat out . . .

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, THERE ARE TWO NHL ARENAS NOT IN THE GAME?

Has this happened in previous iterations and I've missed it?
It only means they can't call them the United Center and whatever the Canes arena is called now. It'll look just like the real places though.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think FIFA's dev team has far more resources than the NHL team to make their game.

If I ranked the dev resources per franchise, I'd probably rank them this way:

1. FIFA
2. Madden
3. UFC
4. Golf
5. NHL
So I've heard now that they moved a massive amount of people over to UFC in hopes to get that thing to sell a ton, which explains why the NHL team has been gutted. EA gotta make dem profits!!!

Cereal question: Reddit post says no season mode. Someone else said season mode exists, but is inside of GM mode.

In GM mode, can someone verify season mode is there and...

1) You can play a full season
2) There is a calendar, you can sim up to a certain date if you like, etc
3) You can still do all the line edits, AHL demotions/promotions etc
4) Your Be A Pro created player can actually be on your GM/Season mode roster.
5) A friend can take your second PS4 controller and play with you in your GM season mode.

Basically: Can I start a 2014-15 season, from day 1, as the Habs and play through and 82 game season as the Habs. Simming a scattered game here or there on a calendar, same as usual. Manage my roster, call up players from the farm for the next game in case of injury etc etc. Does this exist in the game? If it does not, i cannot buy it.
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes, but I'm not sure if you can edit lines for your AHL team. Since we know you can't play those games during the Be A GM Mode I'm not sure they let you edit the lines of the team.
4) You will have to make your player, place him on your team then make sure to use "Current" NHL rosters when you start the Be A GM Mode to ensure your Created Player is on your team.
5) No idea, I don't have the game yet. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

You just can't trade/call up/demote/edit the lines of other teams. In the regular "Season Mode" from previous games, you could do all those things because you could control all 30 teams. In Be A GM Mode you only control one team.

PaNaMa

Banned
NHL 15 360 walkthrough if anyone is interested. Pretty poor. Same as PY as mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn5XHhd9zbc

Yet every year, E.A. professes to have no idea why they keep getting voted worst game company of the year.

I want hockey so bad for my PS4. So bad. I was devastated they didn't have an NHL game last year. I reconciled that by figuring with another FULL year development, that'd we'd skip that 1st shitty transitional game. Where the first next gen version is just crap. Cause hey, it will be a whole nother year right. By not rushing one out the door for launch, and waiting a year, surely it will be all the better.

But no. $60-70 roster update for PS3/X360. And featureless, muddy PS4 version so stripped down that it that most people still - to this moment - literally think it's a joke, and just internet misinformation.

I'm dying for PS4 hockey. I'm going to try and be strong and not buy. But that will mean going 2 years now, without PS4 hockey. We're over a barrel. EA knows it. They release a turd and we'll all eat it up, cause we have no other hockey.

I want hockey so bad for my PS4. So bad. I was devastated they didn't have an NHL game last year. I reconciled that by figuring with another FULL year development, that'd we'd skip that 1st shitty transitional game. Where the first next gen version is just crap. Cause hey, it will be a whole nother year right. By not rushing one out the door for launch, and waiting a year, surely it will be all the better.

This. I was pissed that they skipped last year. But then again, the first hockey game for xbox 360, NHL 2K6, was pretty meh. So I figured they would at least put out a good product after taking 2 years for the transition. But it seems like they just completely blew it off that year and gave us a 1/2 done game this year. I want Multiplayer online, not just 1v1. Much more of the missing stuff.

2K fucked up, they could have had 2 years of good quality over EA if they had just ported NHL 2K10 with all the features.

Cudder

How is the start up time from boot to main menu? NHL 14 was abysmal with how long it took to load, especially with the "logging into EA server" crap.

Played about 10 more games. No chants, no hats being thrown for hat tricks, commentary is constantly repeating.

I noticed this in the demo and found it odd, scored a hatty with Gabby and one with St. Louis, and nothing. Thought that was really odd, of course with how even strange stuff is cut, this doesn't surprise me.

Mihalis0013

Neo Member
Probably a stupid question which I think I unfortunately already know the answer to, but typically I play Season Mode and control all the rosters to keep them as close to RL as possible.

In the GM mode is there A) any way to turn off trades?, B) Anyway to control more than one team?

I remember one year taking control of all 30 teams to keep the rosters accurate.

Thanks.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Probably a stupid question which I think I unfortunately already know the answer to, but typically I play Season Mode and control all the rosters to keep them as close to RL as possible.

In the GM mode is there A) any way to turn off trades?, B) Anyway to control more than one team?

I remember one year taking control of all 30 teams to keep the rosters accurate.

Thanks.
Nope, you're out of luck, like me. I do the same thing you do, but in GM Mode you can only control one team. You can turn off CPU trades, but that just means they stop trading amongst themselves. It does not allow you to edit their lines, demote/promote players, change jersey numbers/captaincy, or trade players between teams you don't control.

Lorcain

I want hockey so bad for my PS4. So bad.

I'm dying for PS4 hockey. I'm going to try and be strong and not buy.
Me too. I thought for sure EA would come out of the gates swinging hard with the next gen NHL for PS4/XBO. What a disappointment this turned out to be. I know EA can get lazy, but holy shit, they barely tried here. As much as I've been looking forward to playing hockey on my PS4, I won't be buying this game. I'm not rewarding their half-assed effort.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
huWXZGb.png

this is promising

Fuck this shit. I'm never ever getting another NHL game from them again.

I've had problems with the past NHL games freezing due to bugs and glitches and even after 'update's they didn't do fucking shit. They spend more time working on the next soul-less iteration than they do fixing the game they already released since they know people will buy it.

Now they're completely gimping this game? And 'promising' to add features?

Nope. I'm done with this franchise. Soon as my copy arrives I'm going to return it.

Mihalis0013

Neo Member
Nope, you're out of luck, like me. I do the same thing you do, but in GM Mode you can only control one team. You can turn off CPU trades, but that just means they stop trading amongst themselves. It does not allow you to edit their lines, demote/promote players, change jersey numbers/captaincy, or trade players between teams you don't control.

Thanks for the response

I'll get it for cheap when they patch in the draft stuff (and it actually works) as that is what I care about the most, but I have a feeling that will still be a while.

aTTckr

The more I read about the current gen versions the more I wonder what the hell they were doing in the additional year they had to develop the current gen version. This is the most stripped down version of a EA Sports title so far this gen even though they had the longest development time. I thought the gameplay was pretty good in the demo and was probably going to buy it, but with basically no modes other than quick play it has changed to a no buy for me.

NHL 15 is pretty fun, but definitely lacking quite a few basic features, such as 3 stars post game, modifying your strategies before you start the game, and pre game settings such as line changes.

ultra7k

I'm pretty sure at this point Face Off Hockey for PC c.1990 had more features than NHL 15....how do you backtrack on...what, 10 years of progress at this point? Geez this is brutal.

Robcat

Banned
Kessel is such a awkward dude. He really doesn't fit in a market like toronto. We really should have a stamkos or toews instead we have a short fat balding superstar on our team with one testicle. He pretty much sums up Toronto sports lol.

Entire game feels like a demo. The ultimate team is especially bad when compared to Fifa and even Madden.

Coming from Fifa to other EA sports titles is a real shock when it comes to quality. MUT seems to be growing more acceptable but still.

Sizzle55

Not being heavily invested in hockey I found the demo heaps of fun and have it pre ordered ready to go on the PS4. I thought it looks and plays really well. Does the game have a tutorial mode? As I said I am only new to hockey and don't know all the rules or strategies yet. Hope everyone enjoys the game.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2014/nhl-15-game-modes

1. We can now confirm that the following modes will be available when you purchase NHL 15 on PS4 and Xbox One* on September 9:

Play Now
    Be A Pro
    Be A GM
    Online Versus
    Hockey Ultimate Team
    NHL Moments Live

Thanks! Honestly, those are the only modes I usually play, minus shootout. Makes it even worse that they have so few modes and yet they are still missing features.

I don't get the shootout mode, playoff mode, and season mode not being in the game. I'm sure I am over simplifying it but somewhere in the game there is an if statement with a condition that if the game is tied the game starts a shootout. The content is already in the game how hard can it be to have one load from the main menu and a team select screen, same with playoff mode, it's already in the GM Mode how much time could that possibly take?

Samus4145

Come to the conclusion that goal celebrations are limited to two players. As soon as another player skates over to you and makes contact, the other players, which were making their way over turn around and head to the bench.

edit: Just won a playoff series at home. Crowd didn't even stand up. The are remaining seated with arms crossed. LOL

Top Bottom