• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 |OT| - Feature Lockout Edition

What can you do in HUT? No this is a serious question.... is it structured like madden 15? seriously no single player tourneys? what can you do with single player HUT?

NYR94

Had a feeling this game would be light on features with what little info they did release being nothing more than pics of updated stadiums.

Saw this article on Reddit, thought it might be worth sharing. Another compilation of features missing from the game.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/760010/nhl-15-might-be-missing-more-than-we-anticipated-xb1ps4/

Modes/Features
No GM Connected
No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
No EA Sports Hockey League
No EA Sports Arena
No Online Shootouts
No Live the Life
No Be A Legend
No Winter Classic
No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
No custom music support
No create-a-play designer
Cannot customize each team's AI
No create-a-team
No way to edit individual players
Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

Gameplay
No custom camera option
No Action Tracker replay highlights

Be A GM
Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
No fantasy draft option
No preseason games

Be A Pro
No option to sim ahead to the next shift
You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
No All-Star game

Ultimate Team
Cannot play against your friends
No tournaments
No mobile app

KaYotiX

Banned
No sale from me, played 2 hours of it and im sorry but HUT is REALLY gimped compared to Madden (love maddens so much) and its a mode I love to play.

Maybe ill buy it used down the road....

Stat!

It's actually disgusting that this is offered for full retail value.

Honestly. No Create a team, no edit a team, no fantasy draft, no drafting/minor leagues, no shootout.

Forget no EASHL, there is so much missing that it's mindboggling.

I think it would have been MAYBE acceptable to get a feature-less next gen version if that was the norm.

But EA themselves have ported FIFA and Madden without missing a beat - so the NHL version just looks terrible value in comparison to its own "brothers" per say

Revenant

Listening to the Press Row Podcast I'd be pretty surprised.

Ez, you're a madden guy, this a pretty good year to buy in on that franchise?

Still hard to believe how much got cut out. Auto draft kills gm mode for me, after pretty much skipping a year of nhl it's such a letdown

I'm actually glad they upped the presentation since EA has always lacked in it (except for Eddy and Doc being non-enthusiastic, Ferraro is great though), and I actually think the core game with the new physics and everything plays pretty well, but the features man.... That is just way too inexcusable for how much is completely cut.

Revenant

I'm actually glad they upped the presentation since EA has always lacked in it, and I actually think the core game with the new physics and everything plays pretty well, but the features man.... That is just way too inexcusable for how much is completely cut.

Yea the gameplay seems pretty neat and the physics are much improved, but if this is what got cut out how many years until we get back to a comparable feature set to previous gen nhl games

I think it would have been MAYBE acceptable to get a feature-less next gen version if that was the norm.

But EA themselves have ported FIFA and Madden without missing a beat - so the NHL version just looks terrible value in comparison to its own "brothers" per say
FIFA & Madden sell a lot more.

But I do expect more than this s since it's a year late.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Even so, it's unacceptable. This is incredibly barebones. I'm really shocked at how bad it is. I don't recall a recent series like this being as stripped as this version is. It's ludicrous.

eznark

Banned
Ez, you're a madden guy, this a pretty good year to buy in on that franchise?

Still hard to believe how much got cut out. Auto draft kills gm mode for me, after pretty much skipping a year of nhl it's such a letdown

I'm enjoying it so far. They significantly improved the MUT stuff, but honestly I play in a 32 person league so obviously it's going to be fun for me. I do think though that this year MUT would keep me interested even if I weren't in mgaf.

Marvie_3

Banned

It would be a little more understandable if they hadn't skipped last year for the sole purpose of bringing the series to current gen consoles. The fact that they skipped a year and still delivered this pile of shit is incredible.

ryan299

This is a game that makes me glad I have gamefly. I want to play it bc I love the sport but I would never pay money for a game that is missing basic features that have been in the game for years.

Quick

Banned
Saw this article on Reddit, thought it might be worth sharing. Another compilation of features missing from the game.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/760010/nhl-15-might-be-missing-more-than-we-anticipated-xb1ps4/

giphy.gif

The PS4/Xbone being stripped down versions should warrant some serious changes to the development team. It's just unacceptable that they were allowed to let this game pass through to retail if that's the case.

I need my hockey fix on PS4, but seeing all that just makes me want to stick to NHL 14 or jump on NHL 15 on PS3. I have it pre-ordered, but I also paid nothing for it (trade-in credits accumulated).

This seems like a $20 game to me. Without all of this, isn't the game just a hyperbolic glorified demo? With the patch, it'll be a $25 game.

They pulled the same shit with FIFA last year (http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=717554), I complained that this will be a norm and no one was phased by it. Fuck you EA.

Revenant

I'm enjoying it so far. They significantly improved the MUT stuff, but honestly I play in a 32 person league so obviously it's going to be fun for me. I do think though that this year MUT would keep me interested even if I weren't in mgaf.

If the offline/online connected franchise mode is pretty robust then I think it'd be worth a pickup

no seasons mode?
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

guess i gotta wait yet another year to see if they get their shit together for nhl 16

the fact that the 3 stars of the game isn't implemented really shows how much work they put into this game

ridiculous

What's funny about that one is actually the fact that they had it for about half the PS3/360 games, and took it out.

Doc even mentions how some player when you are playing should be one of the three stars, and then I go to see who the three stars are and there aren't any.... Some of the stuff I can understand doing 2 version and having a small team, but others... I just can't figure it out at all.

I generally get one of these every other year (since NHL 2000), and this is my off year. I was going to be breaking that to play next-gen, and I didn't play that much NHL 14 either.

Buuuuuut seeing everything that could potentially be cut from this game on PS4, and seeing that the PS3 version might just be the number 15 on the old menus, I would rather spend half the money and get 14 again...

Quick

Banned
That really kills the whole point of Be A Pro.

No objectives, no punishments, nothing. It's just playing on position lock, but with a custom player.

They pulled the same shit with FIFA last year (http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=717554), I complained that this will be a norm and no one was phased by it. Fuck you EA.

I hate EA, but there really is no comparison with the few things missing from current gen FIFA14 and the hatchet job that is NHL15.

I've played 100s of hours of FIFA14 on PS4 and it's much improved in all areas except the ease of over-the-top thru balls in gameplay.

Robcat

Banned
Played 2 games online and got the face off loop both times. All i played was eashl and they took that out. Thank you ea for ea access just saved me $69 Canadian.

It should have been called NHL 08 Remastered

I was boycotting this game anyway but now I see that even if I bought it I legit can't do any of the things I normally do save for one:

Online Shootout - I spend hours doing this. Nope!

Season mode - hell nope!

EASHL with my buddies - nope

The only mode still in there that I'd use is online vs. This is pathetic in every way. How did they even ship this?

Honome

My God, this is just ridiculous... I was ok when they announce there would be no EASHL this year but the lack of all the remain modes is unexcusable!

And things get even worse, take a look at the game for PS3/360, it´s exactly the same as NHL 14, even the menus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn5XHhd9zbc

Seriously, EA, go fuck yourself!!!!

U2NUMB

So any way to fast forward while playing "Be a pro?".. do you have to just sit on the bench till you are put back in? I know you can force yourself back in but that sucks as you never recover. I just want to skip ahead to when I play again.

Top Bottom