• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ottawa for 360 please.

I am guessing you could be in multiple fantasies right?
I would assume so.

Wait we're doing what? Do we already know how exactly the mode works? Is it team or fantasy draft players to make up a new team? I'm confused.
A fantasy draft of NHL players. We'll figure out the rest of the rules as we get more info but we'll have to have some kind of trade approval set up as well as other guidelines.

At this rate, we're going to have to have a second group on 360 and let the two winners battle it out for the title each season.

I don't think he's ever going to pan out as people hoped.

We are a team of Schenns, Komisareks and Phaneufs.

precious.jpg

Smiley90

I would assume so.

A fantasy draft of NHL players. We'll figure out the rest of the rules as we get more info but we'll have to have some kind of trade approval set up as well as other guidelines.

At this rate, we're going to have to have a second group on 360 and let the two winners battle it out for the title each season.

Sorry if I'm being extremely slow here, but...

So we're doing a fantasy draft of players for teams in the game? I see two things;

A) the GM mode WILL have the option to do a fantasy draft, then picking teams serves no other purpose but namesake?

B) the GM mode will NOT have the option for a fantasy draft, the same way singleplayer works. You pick a team and then you go from there, trade/future entry drafts etc.

I was always under the impression the GM mode would just be like singleplayer, so NO player-draft, only pick-a-team. Did i miss something or is this talk of fantasy draft pure speculation?

TSN just had a repeat of King's Ransom. Goddamn. Never had a chance to see the full thing until now. Lots of incredible 80's footage (seemingly every sportscaster had F- terrible hair) and well, gotta give props to Sather. He looked like he was dying to say what he really wanted to say about Pocklington. :lol

Melrose had the same hair, though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sorry if I'm being extremely slow here, but...

So we're doing a fantasy draft of players for teams in the game? I see two things;

A) the GM mode WILL have the option to do a fantasy draft, then picking teams serves no other purpose but namesake?

B) the GM mode will NOT have the option for a fantasy draft, the same way singleplayer works. You pick a team and then you go from there, trade/future entry drafts etc.

I was always under the impression the GM mode would just be like singleplayer, so NO player-draft, only pick-a-team. Did i miss something or is this talk of fantasy draft pure speculation?
You can fantasy draft in offline Be-A-GM and have been able to for awhile. I know it was mentioned at one point about the online GM mode for 13.

And yes, picking teams would be nothing more than using that team name/jerseys.

Smiley90

You can fantasy draft in offline Be-A-GM and have been able to for awhile. I know it was mentioned at one point about the online GM mode for 13.

And yes, picking teams would be nothing more than using that team name/jerseys.

Well if I'd known that earlier I would've picked the nucks... But will be AWESOME.

Marvie_3

Banned
If we're calling teams for the be a GM mode I've got the Avs. And I'll fucking knife fight anyone who contests that.

I already had you down for the Avs.

Here's an updated list with the remaining teams for League 1 (Campbell Conference :D ):

XBOX 360

Code:
EASTERN CONFERENCE                                       WESTERN CONFERENCE

[B]Atlantic[/B]                                                 [B]Central[/B]

New Jersey -                                             Chicago - wsoxfan1214
New York Islanders -                                     Columbus - Dastardly Jerks
New York Rangers - Milly79                               Detroit - LukeSmith
Philadelphia - Coldplay619                               Nashville - sefskillz
Pittsburgh -                                             St. Louis - 

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston -                                                 Calgary - brucewaynegretzky
Buffalo -                                                Colorado - 19 & 21
Montreal - Red_Man                                       Edmonton - Smiley90
Ottawa -  Cake Boss                                      Minnesota - Marvie_3
Toronto - ACES11                                         Vancouver - Socreges

[B]Southeast[/B]                                                [B]Pacific[/B]

Carolina - littleworm                                    Anaheim - BigJonsson
Florida -                                                Dallas - Rafa=FedKilla
Tampa Bay - CrazedArabMan                                Los Angeles - 
Washington - LiveWire                                    Quebec City - 
Winnipeg - SpectreFire                                   San Jose -

Smiley90

I already had you down for the Avs.

Here's an updated list with the remaining teams for League 1 (Campbell Conference :D ):

XBOX 360

Code:
EASTERN CONFERENCE                                       WESTERN CONFERENCE

[B]Atlantic[/B]                                                 [B]Central[/B]

New Jersey -                                             Chicago - wsoxfan1214
New York Islanders -                                     Columbus - Dastardly Jerks
New York Rangers - Milly79                               Detroit - LukeSmith
Philadelphia - Coldplay619                               Nashville - sefskillz
Pittsburgh -                                             St. Louis - 

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston -                                                 Calgary - brucewaynegretzky
Buffalo -                                                Colorado - 19 & 21
Montreal - Red_Man                                       Edmonton - Smiley90
Ottawa -  Cake Boss                                      Minnesota - Marvie_3
Toronto - ACES11                                         Vancouver - Socreges

[B]Southeast[/B]                                                [B]Pacific[/B]

Carolina - littleworm                                    Anaheim - BigJonsson
Florida -                                                Dallas - Rafa=FedKilla
Tampa Bay - CrazedArabMan                                Los Angeles - 
Washington - LiveWire                                    Quebec City - 
Winnipeg - SpectreFire                                   San Jose -

Do we have conflictions already/two people desperately wanting to take the same teams? If it's fantasy draft anyway even the "wrong" team should be fine, if you don't care too much about what jersey/name you're wearing.

Technical question: How often are we going to play? I have no idea how the online GM mode is going to work, but I'd assume all games are simulated, since otherwise that'd require WAY too much coordination... then how fast would we simulate? As in, get 3 ingame-seasons in or so? Or are we going to determine all of that once we know the specifics of the Online GM mode?

Also, calling it right now, but the NHL Ingame 2013 entry draft will be the most amazing day in online NHL history for us. Imagine, all 30 of us online, desperately trying to figure out which randomly generated player is the best, dealing picks, picking players based on pure ingame-scout data, then checking their ratings & talent predictions after and shaking the fist angrily at god. It will be GLORIOUS.

Marvie_3

Banned
Do we have conflictions already/two people desperately wanting to take the same teams? If it's fantasy draft anyway even the "wrong" team should be fine, if you don't care too much about what jersey/name you're wearing.
Not that I know of but we'll run out of spots in the first league soon enough. Chances are not everyone will be there when the game comes out so we can open their spots back up when the time comes.

Technical question: How often are we going to play? I have no idea how the online GM mode is going to work, but I'd assume all games are simulated, since otherwise that'd require WAY too much coordination... then how fast would we simulate? As in, get 3 ingame-seasons in or so? Or are we going to determine all of that once we know the specifics of the Online GM mode?
With 30 people in a league, there's no way we'd be able to PLAY full schedules. If there are enough people interested in a PLAYABLE league, we could always split it up into a full schedule simmed league and a shortened schedule(~20-25 games) playable league.

Also, calling it right now, but the NHL Ingame 2013 entry draft will be the most amazing day in online NHL history for us. Imagine, all 30 of us online, desperately trying to figure out which randomly generated player is the best, dealing picks, picking players based on pure ingame-scout data, then checking their ratings & talent predictions after and shaking the fist angrily at god. It will be GLORIOUS.
Should be fun. Sucks that you can only have 8 people in an XBOX Live party though.

Goonies never say die.

What happened? Maybe we can try to avoid the same type of problems.

Well it was in online franchise mode and we had made trades which included draft picks but the game didn't allow draft picks to move so it was decided that when that draft position was up the person who had the traded pick needed to say the name in chat (i can't remember what we used) and then the person who still owned the pick would pick that player.

It sounded like a good idea until someone jokingly said a players name and that player was picked.......but thats not who they actually wanted lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Well it was in online franchise mode and we had made trades which included draft picks but the game didn't allow draft picks to move so it was decided that when that draft position was up the person who had the traded pick needed to say the name in chat (i can't remember what we used) and then the person who still owned the pick would pick that player.

It sounded like a good idea until someone jokingly said a players name and that player was picked.......but thats not who they actually wanted lol

:lol Ok, so no trading draft picks in the initial draft.

Smiley90

:lol Ok, so no trading draft picks in the initial draft.

Well if NHL 13 allows for the trading of draft picks in-game (which it really should), then we won't have any problems with that. Their problem was bad communication, not the game itself. :p

N
Should be fun. Sucks that you can only have 8 people in an XBOX Live party though.

What do you mean? We don't necessarily have to be in the same party, but think of the Entry Draft as a Lobby with 30 of us in it, organized ingame, not via xbox live directly. It COULD work, if EA sets it up that way. Otherwise we'll have to resort to an online chat I guess.

Marvie_3

Banned
Well if NHL 13 allows for the trading of draft picks in-game (which it really should), then we won't have any problems with that. Their problem was bad communication, not the game itself. :p
For later drafts, picks are fair game. The series has never let you trade picks during a fantasy draft before.

What do you mean? We don't necessarily have to be in the same party, but think of the Entry Draft as a Lobby with 30 of us in it, organized ingame, not via xbox live directly. It COULD work, if EA sets it up that way. Otherwise we'll have to resort to an online chat I guess.
Voice chat would be chaotic and hilarious at the same time. Hopefully it's enabled during the draft. :lol

If there's no voice, I wouldn't be surprised to see an in game chat.

We could probably resolve that by having everyone in each conference party it up.

Voice chat would be chaotic and hilarious at the same time. Hopefully it's enabled during the draft. :lol

If there's no voice, I wouldn't be surprised to see an in game chat.
I'm sure everyone here has some sort of access to GAF by their consoles, we could just all communicate here on a NHL-GM thread and by PM.

Giard

I'll probably pre-order NHL 13, I'll take Quebec City if possible :p

That is, if we can join multilple leagues. I wanna play with my buddies too. Online drafts have been confirmed?

I'll probably pre-order NHL 13, I'll take Quebec City if possible :p

That is, if we can join multilple leagues. I wanna play with my buddies too. Online drafts have been confirmed?

I'm hoping as I too will also be playing with a few other friends as well who I know in real life. Need to show them who is the top GM out of all of us.

MacAttack

I'll take Boston in the NHL GAF Be A GM league (360). Never played that kind of mode in any game but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Top Bottom