• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
God damn I hope Tarasenko works out for the Blues.
I keep thinking you're Solo at first glance :lol

Howson said he is willing to move his 2nd round pick....I really hope Burke doesn't make a move to get it and take Galchenyuk...after seeing some of his responses in interviews and such I'm starting to feel comfortable with Grigorenko again, and a prospect scout on twitter made a good point that you can't name very many russian players under 30 that have bolted to Russia and are also top players aside from Radulov. That said, Galchenyuk is still my #1 pick right now.

Razorskin

----- ------
Someone needs to update this

1PvrW.jpg

Cactus

Banned
I keep thinking you're Solo at first glance :lol

Howson said he is willing to move his 2nd round pick....I really hope Burke doesn't make a move to get it and take Galchenyuk...after seeing some of his responses in interviews and such I'm starting to feel comfortable with Grigorenko again, and a prospect scout on twitter made a good point that you can't name very many russian players under 30 that have bolted to Russia and are also top players aside from Radulov. That said, Galchenyuk is still my #1 pick right now.

Do you think there's any chance that Roy accepts the head coaching position? If he does, I would be very surprised if the Habs didn't draft Grig.

Red_Man

Do you think there's any chance that Roy accepts the head coaching position? If he does, I would be very surprised if the Habs didn't draft Grig.
Coaching is apparently down to him, Therrien, and Crawford. IF he gets the job, it shouldn't effect the draft pick in any way, Timmins is a magician with his picks and Bergevien needs to let him and his scouting department do their job, ignoring whoever the HC is. Would it make it more likely? Probably, but I still don't see them take Grigs, he isn't a Timmins type player.

Cactus

Banned
In order to accept it, he first has to be offered it.

I could be way off base, but if the rumours about the management team contacting Roy after he stated publicly that he has little interest in the job are true, it seems like they have a clear preference. It almost seems like Therrien and Crawford are plan B.

Coaching is apparently down to him, Therrien, and Crawford. IF he gets the job, it shouldn't effect the draft pick in any way, Timmins is a magician with his picks and Bergevien needs to let him and his scouting department do their job, ignoring whoever the HC is. Would it make it more likely? Probably, but I still don't see them take Grigs, he isn't a Timmins type player.

True, but I'm sure that Roy will have a lot of good things to say about Grigorenko if he's hired. Either way, I would be happy if the Leafs are able to draft either of them. When you have two guys who have been said to play like Kopitar/Malkin (Grigorenko) or Toews/Sakic (Galchenyuk) then you have to take a chance, IMO, despite any possible risk.

Solo

Well, I would take Roy any day over those two, but I just can't see it happening.

Guess we'll find out next week.

Red_Man

True, but I'm sure that Roy will have a lot of good things to say about Grigorenko if he's hired. Either way, I would be happy if the Leafs are able to draft either of them. When you have two guys who have been said to play like Kopitar/Malkin (Grigorenko) or Toews/Sakic (Galchenyuk) then you have to take a chance, IMO, despite any possible risk.
Forsberg has been compared to Corey Perry, and in some rankings is ranked as high as second. No matter what, both Habs and Leafs will land a great future forward.

Marvie_3

Banned
Forsberg has been compared to Corey Perry, and in some rankings is ranked as high as second. No matter what, both Habs and Leafs will land a great future forward.
I really wish people would let these kids accomplish something in the NHL before starting with these stupid comparisons.

Red_Man

I really wish people would let these kids accomplish something in the NHL before starting with these stupid comparisons.
I agree the comparisons are stupid for the most part, but he brought up the comparisons for the other prospects so I felt the need to include Forsberg's. When you compare these kids to big name players like Malkin and Perry, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Solo

I'm quite fine with letting Therrien have another go. He was here 10 years ago, different team, different regime. Love his passion and he has experience working with a young core. Let's be honest here anyways, this is just a stop-gap move for Bergevin until he can get Quenneville in 2 years.

Now, if they go the other way and choose Crawford, I will lose my shit.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'd take any of those guys over Dean Evason. :| If we had to hire one of our assistants I'd rather take Johnson. I'd also rather have Berube or one of the two New Jersey assistants. I didn't realize Adam Oates was with the Devils organization.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm quite fine with letting Therrien have another go. He was here 10 years ago, different team, different regime. Love his passion and he has experience working with a young core. Let's be honest here anyways, this is just a stop-gap move for Bergevin until he can get Quenneville in 2 years.
You guys can have him now.

Cactus

Banned
I don't want to make excuses since the Admirals are definitely good enough to beat the Marlies if both teams were fully healthy, but having the three best forwards on the team out for the series would seriously cripple any team in any league.

Obviously it's extremely unlikely that Grigorenko will ever be as good as Kopitar or Malkin, but they do play similar styles of hockey (according to scouts). I don't see why it's stupid to point that out.

All their depth was playing for the Leafs.

?

All of the AHL eligible players who played with the Leafs this season are on the Marlies right now.

Quick

Banned
scaled.php

Holy shit Tim Thomas.

Holy shit.

He's like that person on Facebook that posts a cryptic message that hints that they have a problem, and when people ask him what's going on, he tells them that it's nothing and it's none of their business.

Come on, Timmy. Tells us how you really feel.

scaled.php

Holy shit Tim Thomas.

Holy shit.

I'm totally happy he's leaving the league with this bullshit of his. Yeah man, politics and other shitty things exist in the world and always have. The world doesn't have enough rich white republican conservatives though, you should totally make the career move.

Edit: But for all I know he's being melodramatic and he'll be back and ready as ever next season.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/tim_thomas_updates_his_status/

Tim Thomas Updates His Status

by Paul on 06/03/12 at 01:36 PM ET
Comments (8)

via Facebook,

From the earliest age I can remember, I’ve wanted to be a hockey player. I’ve been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F’s.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year. ...

What does this portend for the future?

We’ll see….God’s will be done.

TT

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/tim_thomas_updates_his_status/

Tim Thomas Updates His Status

by Paul on 06/03/12 at 01:36 PM ET
Comments (8)

via Facebook,
They cut out the part where he ends it with FUCKING ENDORSEMENTS.

https://www.facebook.com/TimThomasOfficialPage/posts/311285465622556

From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see….God's will be done.

TT
What a piece of shit.

Red_Man

:lol Thomas is such a fucking tool, and to think he was one of the few Bruins that seemed half decent.

Red_Man

Apparently Roy wanted the power to veto any of Bergeveins trades and the draft decision :lol :lol really Patrick?

Also a guy really close to Timmins has said its down between Yakupov (obviously), Galchenyuk, Forsberg and Teravainen for our 3rd pick with no mention of Grigorenko.

Top Bottom