• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Staal is the perfect person the Cats need. Bjustard and Shore coming we would have an elite group of centermen. Weiss-Staal-Bjustard-Shore. If Tallon doesn't net Staal then the chance of Jokinen returning is high....I don't know how I feel about that:/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He's a Canes fan on the Kings bandwagon, anyways Parise already is going to Detroit, so stop trying to take him from us!!!!!

Actually...how much cap room do you fuckers even have?!?!

Wasn't it 30 without Lidstorm? How much is it INCLUDING his salary?!

I can't imagine them NOT going for the big ticket players.

Marvie_3

Banned
Actually...how much cap room do you fuckers even have?!?!

Wasn't it 30 without Lidstorm? How much is it INCLUDING his salary?!

I can't imagine them NOT going for the big ticket players.
They have about $25M with the cap at $70M. The cap won't be $70M though and my guess is ~$65M after the CBA negotiations. They still have some RFA's to sign but they'll likely have at least $15M when all is said and done.

I would have to kill myself if that happened. Not a slight against Sharp, but not even Noah's ark would make it with all my tears, if we traded Ward.
I love Sharp but I'd happily move him in a deal for a goalie like Ward. No way it happens though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
They have about $25M with the cap at $70M. The cap won't be $70M though and my guess is ~$65M after the CBA negotiations. They still have some RFA's to sign but they'll likely have at least $15M when all is said and done.

Hmm...thought they had more. Could still sign Parise/Suter with that amount.

Cake Boss

Banned
San Jose? Carolina? Washington? lulz

San Jose- The sun the beach the bitches.

Carolina- apparently majority of the todays hockey players retire in Carolina or currently live there. appreantly its pretty dope to live there.

Washington- Just wants to play with other players that have had no playoff success as well.

Quick

Banned
Not necessarily.

3 year deal, the first year he will be with the Marlies but he has an opt out in years 2 and 3 if he is offered a job in the NHL.

In any case, the guy deserves an NHL coaching job. I'm happy he's around for at least another year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Surprised you didn't go Leafs with this post.

Only because I like you.

Middle-Finger.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The requirement of having a coach that speaks French really fucks us. Might as well bring Mario Trembley as well. Fuck me.

Solo

The Therrien hate is beyond me. He was the best option out there (under the admittedly retarded Montreal criteria). Coached the young Pens during their formative years, which is good for a team going young like Montreal. And forget his stint in Montreal a decade ago. Ancient history. Old management crew, old team.

I'm willing to give him 2 years to prove himself again. At least we didn't take Hartley (Jacques Martin 2.0) or Crawford (it ain't 1995 anymore).

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Your right that he is better than Hartley and Crawford. Was just hoping for someone new, not much available. I hope Theiren does a good job and your right that he is more experienced.

Solo

I'm not trying to paint this as an amazing choice or MT as a savior, but I am more than willing to give him a chance. If he doesn't get the job done in 2 seasons, he's gone. Easy as pie. But at least give him a chance.

And I'll always have some love for Therrien for his throat slashing gesture he made to Kyle McLaren in the 2002 playoffs after his super dirty hit on Zednik. Habs haven't had a coach with that kind of fire since.

Solo

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Marc Crawford says the Habs were extremely thorough. Most intensive intvw process he's ever been involved in. Is proud to have had a chance.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Crow says he's better professionally because of the experience and knows Bergevin and management group will do great things in Mtl.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
And I'll always have some love for Therrien for his throat slashing gesture he made to Kyle McLaren in the 2002 playoffs after his super dirty hit on Zednik. Habs haven't had a coach with that kind of fire since.

:lol, forgot about that.

Therrien is an asshole coach with little personality or communication skills.

I imagine his act will wear thin quickly. Near opposite of Bylsma when the switch in Pittsburgh happened as I recall.

Solo

Of course, you take the bad with the good. That was MT at his most awesome, but then in the 2nd round vs the Canes we saw MT at his worst when he took a stupid bench minor when the Habs were up 3-0 in Game 4 with a 2-1 series lead. Carolina scored on the PP and came back to win the game 4-3 and the series 4-2.

Therrien is an asshole coach with little personality or communication skills.

This is certainly factual of his coaching stints so far, but in his time on RDS I strongely got the idea that he had matured and learned from his mistakes. I think this will be a "new" MT.

This is certainly factual of his coaching stints so far, but in his time on RDS I strongely got the idea that he had matured and learned from his mistakes. I think this will be a "new" MT.

This sounds eerily similar to that time my sister was trying to explain how "HE'S different from other frat guys. You just can't SEE it!"

Top Bottom