• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You should give your arm a break.
ExoT7.jpg

Montresor

Man Lollipop Chainsaw's presentation is so fucking incredible. The graphics look a little cel-shaded but not completely so. Something about it is so beautiful. And man, the pop-up menus and over-the-top comic book style art is pure eye candy.

The game play isn't that stellar but I'm still early in the game.

The first time I died and saw the art in the game over screen I was floored. This is a gorgeous game in HD.

Also, in the upcoming lockout, when is the point of no return, a date with which a shortened season with a 4-round, 16-win playoffs is no longer feasible?

Revenant

You like Shadows of the Damned? That's another Suda game that has gorgeous art and it awesome RE4-style gun play.

TASTE MY BIG BONER!

that one part aside shadows of the damned is fucking awesome. sadly it sold like shit so the chance of a sequel is slim.

also how can you not want to play as someone named Garcia Hotspur

Montresor

TASTE MY BIG BONER!

that one part aside shadows of the damned is fucking awesome. sadly it sold like shit so the chance of a sequel is slim.

also how can you not want to play as someone named Garcia Hotspur

Psssshhh (almost) every Suda game sells like complete shit and somehow he keeps coming out with something new and interesting every year.

But Lollipop Chainsaw sold 700,000 apparently. Maybe he can use that to fund Shadows of the Damned 2. =)

Quick

Banned
Then why do you have a guy with CFL talent as your avatar?

ibyUEByrC5knPm.gif

Ice cold.

The CFL is mostly similar from what I understand. Most notable difference is the goal posts being on the end zone, rather than behind it like the NFL.

Otherwise, ehhhhh.

Other news: Phaneuf and Elisha Cuthbert are engaged. Breaking news on Sportscentre (well, passing mention in the end, lol).

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
We'll just go with the "you have shitty taste in football teams" explanation then to save time.

I might love it but the only rule change that I know of is that they punt on 3rd down. Everything else just starts happening and I have no idea why. I think one team got a point on a punt once but I'm not sure.

Bigger field, bigger balls, 3 downs, terrible ref's, etc.

Cake Boss

Banned
The worst thing about the CFL is TSN's obession with it. No other sport channel in Canada hypes up the CFL like TSN does and its really annoying.

Fuck.

Someone skimmed my credit card and bought shit in Texas.

Now I can't pre-order NHL13 online until my new card comes in.

God fucking dammit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fuck.

God fucking dammit.

... Go preorder in store? With, you know, cash?

Sucks to hear about the card though, at least credit cards are fairly cool with getting the money back and all.

... Go preorder in store? With, you know, cash?

Sucks to hear about the card though, at least credit cards are fairly cool with getting the money back and all.
Well, I wanted that $10 online pre-order discount from FS. But oh well, I'll probably just going to go to EB and trade in Mass Effect 3 for some store credit (fuck that game).

Yeah, my bank called and and caught it pretty quickly. I think the biggest tip-off was the fact that my card was buying shit in Texas.

That sucks. Hopefully your card company will be understanding.

You should join us after you get it.
Yeah, they knew right away it was fraud and had already shut down my card when they called me. It was pretty much just confirming that it wasn't me buying that stuff and telling me that my new card's on its way.

Tabris

CFL is easy to understand. Take NFL and make the following changes:

- 3 downs. This essentially changes the game dynamic completely and is what really separates the two leagues, as this is a much more passer friendly league since you can't use 3 downs to grind a first down through running for a couple yards at a time.

- Field size is wider and there's 10 extra yards total (but less total field length due to 20 yard end zones) which allows for more room to run and break out of coverage for receivers, which allows the 3 downs concept to be more viable.

- The punters aren't as good and the field is longer, so it's common to have a punter take a knee in the end zone if they were forced to punt near their zone. So you get a lot of safeties where this is unheard of in the NFL.

- Now this is where it becomes very weird. Field goals are essentially a punt if they miss and can be returned as long as it doesn't go out of bounds (same as NFL), but the difference is the goal posts are in the front of a 20 yard end zone, so while it never happens in the NFL, it happens quite a bit in the CFL. If the punt misses but goals through the end zone, it counts as a single point. Now this is where it even gets weirder, the receiving team has the option of kicking it out of the end zone with the goal of preventing the single point or possible touchdown where a return is risky due to chance of a touchdown, so you will see kicking team vs kicking team once in a blue moon (this is rare and only happens in close games). Here's the pinnacle of these weird rules in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BFaykcxGg

You take that, plus a slightly above college level of play, and you got the CFL. I wish they got rid of the weird kicking rules, otherwise the rest is a nice difference.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
CFL is easy to understand. Take NFL and make the following changes:

- 3 downs. This essentially changes the game dynamic completely and is what really separates the two leagues, as this is a much more passer friendly league since you can't use 3 downs to grind a first down through running for a couple yards at a time.

- Field size is wider and there's 10 extra yards which allows for more room to run and break out of coverage for receivers, which allows the 3 downs concept to be more viable.

- The punters aren't as good and the field is longer, so it's common to have a punter take a knee in the end zone if they were forced to punt near their zone. So you get a lot of safeties where this is unheard of in the NFL.

- Now this is where it becomes very weird. Field goals are essentially a punt if they miss and can be returned as long as it doesn't go out of bounds (same as NFL), but the difference is the goal posts are in the front of a 20 yard end zone, so while it never happens in the NFL, it happens quite a bit in the CFL. If the punt misses but goals through the end zone, it counts as a single point. Now this is where it even gets weirder, the receiving team has the option of kicking it out of the end zone with the goal of preventing the single point or possible touchdown where a return is risky due to chance of a touchdown, so you will see kicking team vs kicking team once in a blue moon (this is rare and only happens in close games). Here's the pinnacle of these weird rules in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BFaykcxGg

You take that, plus a slightly above college level of play, and you got the CFL. I wish they got rid of the weird kicking rules, otherwise the rest is a nice difference.

353xnp.jpg

I'm not THAT bad with football but the picture needed to be posted.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A "lol didn't read" gif / picture has never been more appropriate then for Tabris post.

Socreges

Banned
Finally saw The Avengers. What was it that Cake Boss spoiled?
That the good guys win?

The worst thing about the CFL is TSN's obession with it. No other sport channel in Canada hypes up the CFL like TSN does and its really annoying.
That's because no other channel airs CFL games.

Heretic

Fuck.

God fucking dammit.

Dude! Same here. Someone subscribed to Match.com and ChristianSingles.com with my card... Bought some shit on iTunes too.

Top Bottom