• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Quick

Banned
John Madden retires and joins the Habs' front office.

John-Madden.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404511

Lol pulling a Heatly here saying he only wants to play for one team.

I think you missed this paragraph.
"(Florida) makes sense for myself, for my career and my family," Luongo told the paper. "That being said, there's obvious other options as well. This is a preferred location for obvious reasons but I'm not shutting the door on other possibilities if it comes up."

Just seems like a stunt. I get that landeskog is a great player, but it's not like he's earned that. Also a good way to set him up to fail. 1 year in the league and your gonna be the captain of a rebuilding team? Yikes.

His game and the way he carries himself exist independent of the team. Also, we're not rebuilding. We have all of the pieces we need (except that O'Reilly contract) to get where we want to go, save for a #2 defenseman. I think it's a great idea, having been witness to many Avs games last year and seeing his dynamic with the group. The character he's already shown and the season he had when every one else was struggling. It wasn't a fluke, I'll say that much. We don't have much in the way of captain material around the team, there are exactly two players that I would consider capable of such a role and he is one of them. The other one doesn't have a contract.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well yeah, but in all likelihood, that contract is never going away. So there's really only one option available and Luongo knows it.

Weren't there rumours that the deal was pretty much done and they were only waiting for a new CBA? So maybe he's talking about that, knowing that a deal with Florida has been pretty much done already... mhmmm.... Even more reason for them to get this CBA going, so we can finally have some cap space again.

Weren't there rumours that the deal was pretty much done and they were only waiting for a new CBA? So maybe he's talking about that, knowing that a deal with Florida has been pretty much done already... mhmmm.... Even more reason for them to get this CBA going, so we can finally have some cap space again.

Ha. Don't count on too much space.

Cake Boss

Banned
I hope that 58M cap limit goes through, you will have a bunch of teams scrambling to get rid of players to teams with cap space, it would be like Hawks after their cup win all over again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ha. Don't count on too much space.

We just need enough space to re-sign Burrows and Edler... And Tanev... and Weise... And Higgins... and Lapierre... damnit.

I hope that 58M cap limit goes through, you will have a bunch of teams scrambling to get rid of players to teams with cap space, it would be like Hawks after their cup win all over again.

If there's no rollback, the Canucks have 44M tied up in salary for next season... we'd be so massively screwed.

We just need enough space to re-sign Burrows and Edler... And Tanev... and Weise... And Higgins... and Lapierre... damnit.
And Shane Doan.

Don't forget we need to get superstar NHL power forward Shane Doan his Sedin money!!!11!

Schroeder, Connauton and Rodin need new contracts too.

Socreges

Banned
That rumour was fake.

Where would those players go? Even if every team spends to the cap, which wouldn't happen, 30x58m would not be enough to fit every player.

Quick

Banned
And Shane Doan.

Don't forget we need to get superstar NHL power forward Shane Doan his Sedin money!!!11!

Schroeder, Connauton and Rodin need new contracts too.

BREAKING NEWS: VANCOUVER AND DOAN REMAIN FRIENDS, BUT WITH BENEFITS. STILL WAITING ON THE DAY WHEN THEY CAN BE TOGETHER.

The SP had some moments - when you assault the guy's lavish compound for example - but its strongest elements were criminally under utilized. You have this engine that lets you blow up a building with a missile, but the campaign only lets you do it once? Terabul.

The SP had some moments - when you assault the guy's lavish compound for example - but its strongest elements were criminally under utilized. You have this engine that lets you blow up a building with a missile, but the campaign only lets you do it once? Terabul.

Oh I definitely wish there were more moments like when you blow up the hotel.

Top Bottom