• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Cactus

Banned
So what's the consensus on the Lindback deal?

Two second round picks and a third seems like a high price to pay for a guy with so little NHL experience.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Two second round picks and a third seems like a high price to pay for a guy with so little NHL experience.

Maybe it was because multiple teams were after him? I read Columbus wanted him but the Preds didn't want to help someone in their division.

Marvie_3

Banned
So the head coach that took the Hawks to the Cup is suddenly a bum and should be shipped out ? Why ?
I could have replaced Quenneville, spent every game passed out drunk behind the bench, and still taken that team to the Cup. That roster was loaded.

Quenneville can't set decent lines. When something is working, he breaks it up for no reason(Toews/Hossa/Stalberg line). He plays certain guys way more than they should play(Brunette, O'Donnell, etc). He benches certain players for making a little mistake(Stalberg) while doing nothing to some players no matter how much they fuck up(Oduya). Not to mention he keeps his best friend Mike Kitchen on the coaching staff even though he's fucking awful and decides to fire Havy because one of the assistants needed to go.

Cake Boss

Banned

They payed for development, they could have just used one of those 2nd rounders and drafted Subban or the Russian goalie but needed something now instead 3-4 years from now.

ZeroGravity

It's a bit of an overpayment, but considering Tampa has two first round picks and had three (potentially four) second round picks, they could spare it.

Makes me wonder what kind of insane price Schneider would have gone for had he still been on the table.

Cake Boss

Banned
Stephen Auger retired, apparently the NHL told him to step down.

iGoVR9Zu39l04.jpg

Is that really your first priority? Another young center? How about some defense or trading it for a great player and +?

He's a winger and...

And yeah, Edmonton should just take Yakupov if they're not getting what they want for the pick itself. Then they've got plenty of time to trade one of their young superstars (Yakupov included) for a top pairing dman. They can afford to be picky.

Soc stole my response.

Yakupov is a sure bet prospect whereas Murray could be another Cam Barker.

Now if this was someone like a Doughty or a Pieterangelo he'd be my top pick and you would have to take him ahead of Yakupov. Doughty and Pieterangelo both wowed everyone before they stepped into the NHL. Murray hasn't done that and he was also the worst Canadian on the ice during the Semi-Final game against Russia.

I hate the argument that Edmonton has to draft defense because they need one, so that means you would skip an elite talent for that reason?

But this is Tambo we are talking about, Murray will be an Oiler on June 22nd.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oilers fan complaining about possibly drafting Murray after drafting RNH, Hall and Eberle is pretty amusing.

Oh shit!

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland

#Badgers‬ D-man and former ‪#Ducks‬ draft pick Justin Schultz is expected to sign with a Canadien club ‪#Leafs‬ ‪#Canucks‬ or ‪#Oilers

Solo

#Badgers‬ D-man and former ‪#Ducks‬ draft pick Justin Schultz is expected to sign with a Canadien club ‪#Leafs‬ ‪#Canucks‬ or ‪#Oilers

Freudian slip? Schultz to Habs confirmed!

Cactus

Banned
I could have replaced Quenneville, spent every game passed out drunk behind the bench, and still taken that team to the Cup. That roster was loaded.

Quenneville can't set decent lines. When something is working, he breaks it up for no reason(Toews/Hossa/Stalberg line). He plays certain guys way more than they should play(Brunette, O'Donnell, etc). He benches certain players for making a little mistake(Stalberg) while doing nothing to some players no matter how much they fuck up(Oduya). Not to mention he keeps his best friend Mike Kitchen on the coaching staff even though he's fucking awful and decides to fire Havy because one of the assistants needed to go.

Actually, that happened in Toronto too. Maybe Stalberg is just a douchebag.

Cake Boss

Banned
If I was Burke and I knew that Schultz was going to sign in Toronto I will definitly do that Grabner + for that 1st to grab Yakupov and use my first to get Gally his teammate. Vancouver all over again.

Edit: but then again Schultz is only coming because he wants to play with his friend Gardiner.

"@andystrickland: Told Sheldon Souray has rejected a one year offer believed to be worth $3 million from the Dallas #stars"

Wouldnt mind signing Sheldon for a year at 4M to replace Filip.

Cake Boss

Banned
Originally Posted by Renaud P Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS

What's going on with the Jets ? I hear from a player on Winnipeg that Kane doesn't want to negotiate a new deal ?

Renaud P Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS

Kane has no arbitration rights, he'll get a QO from the Jets, scored 30 goals...can he be traded ?

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT.

Friday cant come soon enough.

Socreges

Banned
untitled-2bzm8f.gif

Posted just to share this wonderful gif from the Euro 2012 thread
50 posts per page? Go back one. :p

Quick, is Strickland unreliable? Never heard of him. I guess it's a pretty easy rumour to spread since those are the three favourites and he's very likely to sign with one of them.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Do you guys remember what happened on this day one year ago?

jH6cy.jpg

x8bwN.jpg

1QRfD.jpg

p6Jlz.jpg

NyWvs.jpg

I'm off to go watch my Stanley Cup Blu-ray and eat an enormous dark chocolate and hazelnut bar.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Quick, is Strickland unreliable? Never heard of him. I guess it's a pretty easy rumour to spread since those are the three favourites and he's very likely to sign with one of them.

From what I know of him he covers the Blues but is one of the bloggers on hockeybuzz so that takes him down a bit.

Quick

Banned

From what I know of him he covers the Blues but is one of the bloggers on hockeybuzz so that takes him down a bit.

Yep. HockeyBuzz associates him with Eklund, and that's terrible, but I was being a dick more because he said "Canadien".

Marvie_3

Banned
Arizona Free Enterprise Club considers ballot to block Coyotes' deal

A conservative group opposed to Glendale’s $300 million arena management deal with Phoenix Coyotes’ suitor Greg Jamison is considering trying to take the issue to voters or could try to recall the four Glendale City Council members who approved the controversial agreement earlier this month.

Steve Voeller, president of the Arizona Free Enterprise Club, doesn’t like Glendale’s Coyotes deal and said his group is considering various options as a remedy, including a ballot push and council recall.

That could be on top of legal challenges to the Glendale arena deal brought by the Goldwater Institute.

Getting the arena deal to Glendale voters likely would prompt its own legal battle as to whether the city vote can be challenged and undone by voters.

What a mess. :lol

Socreges

Banned
Yep. HockeyBuzz associates him with Eklund, and that's terrible, but I was being a dick more because he said "Canadien".
Yeah, should have guessed.

Source indicates tomorrow may be sunny, cloudy or rainy. Snow and thunderstorms have reportedly been ruled out. E4

Vega

I haven't really been following what's been going on with the Yotes. Would you guys say it's looking like 60/40 they're leaving?

Fuck that guy and fuck that loophole...

This.

Dude has a shit character and Bob Murray was right to bring it into question.

Ryan Getzlaf said:
"I've never seen him play or anything but I hear he's pretty good. He better be really good because a lot of players, not just on this team, don't like the way he's handling this situation. We want guys who want to be here and be a part of our team. No one wants to deal with that sh... uh stuff in the locker room."
He also said he's more disappointed that the organization lost a draft pick rather than losing Schultz.

Bruce Boudreau said:
"I don't know what the heck happened there. We were in Chicago and we still weren't playing great and I talked to the kid straight up and said we could use you right now on the big club. We won't send you to the Crunch, as soon as you're through with Wisconsin we'll get you down there on the ice. The kid looked me right in the eye and said I can't wait coach, it's what I've always wanted. We also told him since we were playing him now it would move him one year closer to making millions of dollars. The kid seemed really excited and it seemed like a done deal when all of a sudden something dramatically changed. Someone got to the kid, it seems. I don't know exactly what happened but there's something fishy in Denmark."

Fishy indeed.

Cake Boss

Banned
This.

Dude has a shit character and Bob Murray was right to bring it into question.

He also said he's more disappointed that the organization lost a draft pick rather than losing Schultz.

Fishy indeed.

What a little fucking dick, leads the team to believe that hes going to sign with them then out of the blue says no.Wouldnt have this little bitch anywhere near my team with that attitude and ahit character.

And its not like hes playing for the Isles or Colombus. Its fuckung Anaheim with bunch of olympians and young players like Fowler Sbisa, Etem, Rackell etc.

Top Bottom