• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Vman

Freudian slip over your thoughts on signing Latenstiff?

He's one of the best power forwards in the league when healthy, Had 25 goals in 55 games two years ago for us and led our team in scoring when he was injured last year. Of course I'm excited.

Cactus

Banned
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin
Another reason why Mikhail Grigorenko's status is plummeting? "I think he's 20, not 18," said one Western Conference GM.

...the hell??

Cake Boss

Banned
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin
Another reason why Mikhail Grigorenko's status is plummeting? "I think he's 20, not 18," said one Western Conference GM.

...the hell??

Cool_abbfab_1578124.jpg

Tabris

Man, if I was an Ottawa fan, I would be wondering if I just signed the next Brian Campbell... or worse, the next Wade Redden.

Heretic

Teemu is on the trading block and Bobby is coming back for another year?!

Oh wait I had my phone upside-down.
Hahaha

so Ducks have up until Sunday to sign Schultz. Murray has all but waved the white flag on him. I hope NOBODY signs him... There should be an unwritten code, like the bro code but for hockey about situations like this. Want to screw over the team that picked you, waited patiently while you developed and helped you throughout college? No NHL for you! GMs should get together and say "screw you, kid! There's a code of honor here and you just broke it. KHL for 5 years for you!"

or something like that.

Solo

I'm starting to feel for Grigorenko, kid is putting up with a lot of shit.

Meh, worst case scenario he slips to say 12th, proves everyone wrong and becomes the steal of the draft.

Hell, I still won't be shocked if the Habs take him. I'm pretty much certain the name coming out of Bergevin's mouth in 72 hours is going to be one of Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg.

Anyone down in Vegas for the awards?

Was out by the pool at Wynn with my buddy and we see Alfredsson walking across the way by himself. We yell "Alfie!" and give him a thumbs up, and he actually walks all the way around the pool to come up and shake our hands and talk with us.

Class act. So, so awesome.

There are still options out there. Luongo is the most noteworthy because he can offer above average goaltending at a low (trade) price. If Gillis is adamant that he won't treat Luongo as a salary dump, Burke can always go after a guy like Backstrom or possibly Bernier or Lehtonen and let Gillis deal with Schneider going to arbitration and signing a one year contract that takes him right to UFA status.
Considering your club's penchant for ruining young promising goaltenders, do you really think that's the route to go?

Disputable.

Silexx

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Daniel Alfredsson, sidelined by virus recently, set to begin off-season workouts. Said if he feels good in workouts, likely to play again.

But until Alfredsson goes through that workout regimen, he won't know for sure or be able to make a commitment for another year.

It's not much, but I honestly believe that Alfie will comeback next season, barring some freak workout injury.

He'll drop to 43rd or whatever and Detroit will get him.../wish

Also I can't stand looking at the HFboards thread on Suter in the rumors forum, non-stop Wings bashing by Avs and Minny fans it seems. Who for some reason are talking smack when there teams are more at the bottom of the barrel but with Lidstrom gone they apparently now have plenty of ammo to bash Detroit. :/

I am terrified one of Voracek or Couturier won't be in Philly next year.

Gone for something insanely dumb.

Voracek is a RFA and he was making 2.5 last year. He probably should get 3.5. My guess is Homer wanted to use the decrease in Jagr's salary to keep Voracek. I wouldn't doubt he even said it to him since Jagr seems to be a mentor to Voracek and they have some similar playing characteristics. Voracek is meant to surpass what Jagr has done for the team in the next few years.

Couturier has Giroux status as far as I'm concerned. The team should be built around them for the next decade.

I am terrified one of Voracek or Couturier won't be in Philly next year.

Gone for something insanely dumb.

They will both be back for sure. I am really starting to think Jagr wont be back though. It sucks since he was so good when healthy during the regular season, but once the playoffs started he wore down big time. He needs to play like 50 games next year so he can be fresh for the playoffs.

They will both be back for sure. I am really starting to think Jagr wont be back though. It sucks since he was so good when healthy during the regular season, but once the playoffs started he wore down big time. He needs to play like 50 games next year so he can be fresh for the playoffs.

He's not worth his asking price for a playoff team. He needs to go somewhere where they want him to fill seats during the regular season. NJ actually wouldn't be a horrible choice in that regard. Any team expecting him to contribute to a deep playoff run is taking a huge risk.

Cake Boss

Banned
BWAHAHAHAHAHA TSN mock draft. lol Grigo falls to 18th yeah no fucking way.

Oh he had a bad playoffs? when scoring 10 points in 11 games diagnosed with mono and playing on a broken ankle is having bad playoffs then wow. OH GOD NO he Russian. The kid actually has a sense of humor coming to the combine with a red maple leaf shirt on him trying to get the scouts attention.

Scouts could be so retarded sometimes, this is the same shit Coutourier had to deal with last year, if you don't have your regular 2 points per game average in the playoffs then you have bad character and is a risk.

If he is there at 15 we take him and run, I would even consider trading up for him if he falls out of top 10.

Hahaha

so Ducks have up until Sunday to sign Schultz. Murray has all but waved the white flag on him. I hope NOBODY signs him... There should be an unwritten code, like the bro code but for hockey about situations like this. Want to screw over the team that picked you, waited patiently while you developed and helped you throughout college? No NHL for you! GMs should get together and say "screw you, kid! There's a code of honor here and you just broke it. KHL for 5 years for you!"

or something like that.

That'd be nice, but in this cut-throat world we live in where every CEO of every company didn't get where they were unless they stepped over a few corpses, the NHL is no different. You don't become GM without making a few enemies. Every GM and club has their alliances, but every GM is willing to stab the left foot of the other GM just to make their own team succeed.

Team success --> they keep their job.

Landing Schultz will help ANY team.

My personal white flag has been waving on this situation for some time now...

And GOD DAMN why the fuck did I read a TSN comment, especially after what was said before in this thread about them...

Komisarek, Connolly and Lombardi should get the deal done for the Leafs. Burke will get this deal done. It's allot to give up, but Ryan will fit in nice with Kessel

Yeah man, your unwanted spare parts are EXACTLY what we need. Always the same shit on these comments from terrible Leafs armchair GM fanboys.

Cactus

Banned
Yeah man, your unwanted spare parts are EXACTLY what we need. Always the same shit on these comments from terrible Leafs armchair GM fanboys.

That comment has to be satire. It's hard to believe that someone can be that delusional.

Either way, posts like those are why I stopped reading the comments on TSN.

Silexx

And that's that.

It was a fun 24 hours though.

Murray's always been a GM that likes to get things done ahead of time. He rarely waits for a trade/draft deadline to make a move.

So yeah, barring some significant change in demand from Columbus, I think it's safe to say that OTT is out of the Nash sweepstakes.

Top Bottom