• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Murray's always been a GM that likes to get things done ahead of time. He rarely waits for a trade/draft deadline to make a move.

So yeah, barring some significant change in demand from Columbus, I think it's safe to say that OTT is out of the Nash sweepstakes.

I'm not too big on getting Nash but at one point they said they were out of the Turris sweepstakes. Might just be a negotiating tactic.

Acid08

Banned
Murray's always been a GM that likes to get things done ahead of time. He rarely waits for a trade/draft deadline to make a move.

So yeah, barring some significant change in demand from Columbus, I think it's safe to say that OTT is out of the Nash sweepstakes.
Seems like a theme right now. DW also said some stuff that amounted to we're out because Columbus is still demanding Couture. Howson is such a shit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seems like a theme right now. DW also said some stuff that amounted to we're out because Columbus is still demanding Couture. Howson is such a shit.
Oh well, he's setting his team's development back by a few years, no one will want to sign with you, and your prospects will probably starting pulling a Schultz. Have fun trying to create a welcoming, and competitive environment with shit like this.

Cake Boss

Banned
The entire NHL attention is now on the Ryan sweepstakes, I hope we are in that though, 3 years younger, $3M cheaper and I think he is a bit better as well, more of a power forward than Nash. More proven in the playoffs as well.

Giguere was shit in net but was a good mentor for Reimer and a leader in the locker room. You said you didn't want our shit. I was just pointing out the shit the Ducks have taken.

There's a huge contrast between trading Bobby Ryan for shit parts and trading shit parts for shit parts.

Beauch is definitely not a shit part.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
John Boruk said:
Two NHL insiders had told me last year a Bobby Ryan/Jonas Hiller deal for Ryan Miller was all but done and then the Lucic incident happened.
Pretty crazy, and interesting if true.

He seems too phenomenally dull to be aggravating.

Judging by the OP I'm guessing it's because he White Knighted? GAF hates white knights. Which in itself is like some sort of meta white knighting, acknowledging a girl is a girl and trying to garner attention by pointing out you're "not like these white knight suckers" when really you're just being a lazy misogynist. The real winners are those who don't give a shit about what the gender of any poster is on the internet.

Seguin

Banned
Judging by the OP I'm guessing it's because he White Knighted? GAF hates white knights. Which in itself is like some sort of meta white knighting, acknowledging a girl is a girl and trying to garner attention by pointing out you're "not like these white knight suckers" when really you're just being a lazy misogynist. The real winners are those who don't give a shit about what the gender of any poster is on the internet.

Opiate locked a thread he made because the study was shit to be making those conclusions from it.

Then he lost it.

The entire NHL attention is now on the Ryan sweepstakes, I hope we are in that though, 3 years younger, $3M cheaper and I think he is a bit better as well, more of a power forward than Nash. More proven in the playoffs as well.

Unless the Ducks are broke I can't imagine why they'd trade Ryan unless he is pulling Patrick Kane stunts in his spare time.

Back alley reach arounds hardly warrant the "going steady" label.

I feel like that ship whore in Game of Thrones that
Theon Greyjoy rode before landing in Pyke.

"Yer not a whore, I haven't paid ya".

Unless the Ducks are broke I can't imagine why they'd trade Ryan unless he is pulling Patrick Kane stunts in his spare time.

His GF keeps him in check, so he's a good boy. More likely to spend time watching Shopping With Bridezilla with her or something.

Socreges

Banned
That was deep, brah

Also, not so sure Opiate was being a white knight. Centurion just seems unstable.

Tastes salty, m'anics
amazing

Trading Ryan for DEPTH? If that can be pulled off, then I'd be happy.

Trading 30g for 3 15g 3rd/4th line skill players... It's actually not a bad move.

Seriously, if we have that plus have one of the rookies breakout or one of the underpaid players overachieve... CUP CHANCE!

That was deep, brah

Also, not so sure Opiate was being a white knight. Centurion just seems unstable.

amazing

I got no idea what I'm talking about in this situation, obv. Taking what I see from what's on the table.

im-ok-with-this-or-im-high-spiderman-AoFj3b.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Panthers have a freshly operated on Skille who's a 4th liner. Just send Raymond and it'll be even.

We'll give Raymond away for free, how does that sound? Give us a 6th rounder or something.

Also, apparently Scott Arniel is one of the favourites for the Chicago Wolves head coach job (-shakes fist at McTavish-)... You know, Scott Arniel, Columbus coach at the beginning of the season... Notsureiflike.jpg

Merguson

Banned
Fantasy: Leafs close to acquiring Ryan, Rinne, Crosby and every superstar out there.

Reality: Leafs make their draft selection. Do nothing at free agency. Go with Reimer and Scrivens. The end.

We'll give Raymond away for free, how does that sound? Give us a 6th rounder or something.

Also, apparently Scott Arniel is one of the favourites for the Chicago Wolves head coach job (-shakes fist at McTavish-)... You know, Scott Arniel, Columbus coach at the beginning of the season... Notsureiflike.jpg

Arniel started his coaching career with the Canucks in Manitoba. His entire tenure there was really strong, so its no surprise they'd want him back on the farm.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Arniel started his coaching career with the Canucks in Manitoba. His entire tenure there was really strong, so its no surprise they'd want him back on the farm.

All I can see right now is how he eliminated Columbus by November, sorry. /hyperbole

I just can't believe Drew Doughty would sexually assault someone. I look at him and just see an adorable dog that wants to play. Is THIS the face of a sexual predator!?!?!

DrewDoughtySmile.jpg

Top Bottom