• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Cagey

Banned
The NHL is a sports league where the players think random fucking fist fights in the middle of games are a good thing.

Yah, NBA players could totes take them... in a fight.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
“I wonder what kind of face LeBron would make if he took a slapper off the laces?” wondered former Bruin and current Jet Blake Wheeler.

:lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I used to watch the NBA. As I grew older I started realize that most NBA players don't even bother playing until the 60th game of the season. The first 3/4 of the season are horrific.

I haven't found that to be true for the NHL.

I can understand why you are upset. Considering no one gives a shit about ice soccer.

Please, these salty tears fuel us, keep it coming!

And ice soccer, that is harsh my friend, don't think I will ever recover especially since no one cares about the sport either. Time to go cry on my giant banners.jpg picture.

Plinko

I really don't get the criticism of Lebron for the leg cramp stuff, though--those things drop even the toughest of NFL players. They're awful.

Now, the argument about him running the court with the "cramp" and then when the camera is up close on the sideline he has a look on his face like he's been shot and stabbed is a different story.

Acid08

Banned
I really don't get the criticism of Lebron for the leg cramp stuff, though--those things drop even the toughest of NFL players. They're awful.

Now, the argument about him running the court with the "cramp" and then when the camera is up close on the sideline he has a look on his face like he's been shot and stabbed is a different story.

This is my problem with it.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

The NBA is full of actors. Dwyane Wade got carted off in a wheelchair for a shoulder injury a few years back.

Plinko

The NBA is full of actors. Dwyane Wade got carted off in a wheelchair for a shoulder injury a few years back.

I know--NFL players fake injuries as well. I've seen it in the NHL this year, too.

Cactus

Banned
Has anyone ever heard of a hockey player sitting out because of a leg cramp? LOL.

Maybe NBA-gaf is unaware that NHL players regularly play with viral infections, concussion-like symptoms, and broken bones, especially in the playoffs. Daryl Boyce had his nose ripped open two seasons ago, requiring over 20 stitches, and missed 0 games. Basketball players miss games because of contusions.

ShaneB

I don't really hate basketball, but I'll never understand basketball defense with no contact. Just seems like a lot of waving your arms around :(

Revenant

COMMUNITY WARS

TOOO WAAAAAAAARRRRR!

kingdom-heaven.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah, I definitely agree. Plus, the way Tambellini was smiling when he won the draft lottery leads me to believe he'll be picking Yakupov.
While I think it's very likely Tambellini drafts Yakupov, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he drafts Murray. Tambellini himself said something along the lines of "we have to find the best player for our team", not "beat player available", and they can't risk trading down with Columbus apparently high on Murray.

Also, fucking l.o.l. at nba gaf starting arguments about toughness and difficulty in the NBA compared to the NHL, what a dumb argument. Everyone should have stopped replying to them, when one of them called it ice soccer :lol

Cake Boss

Banned
I use to play basketball then I grew some balls at around 10 then said fuck this corney ass sport. Coming back to it and watching these finals and it seems that noone still doesnt know what a foul is and is not.

Quick

Banned
I use to play basketball then I grew some balls at around 10 then said fuck this corney ass sport. Coming back to it and watching these finals and it seems that noone still doesnt know what a foul is and is not.

I like basketball, but I'm not good at it. I can respect the sport enough, but not the stupid antics within it.

LeBron looking like he got shot because of leg cramps? LOL.

Leg cramps are a bitch, but just take a damn seat. No need to be a drama queen about it.

Top Bottom