• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Supposedly Yakupov is an asshole, and according to the media, Timmins is really not big on him. It's gonna be Galchenyuk, Forsberg or Teuvo Teravainen WHEREVER we pick.

I tell ya, don't expect Timmins to draft according to the rankings... I think it's gonna be Teuvo, and we might trade down for it.

By the way, Habs haven't met with Yakupov since the Toronto combine. They've met with plenty of other players since.

Brinbe

This f'n draft is crazy. Only a few more hours left!

And it'll be really interesting to see what the Habs do, since it'll have such an impact on who we draft. Should they go Teravainen, we can only hope/pray Galy drops to 5.

But if he does go ahead of us, then I'm all-in on Grigs. Just f'n draft him and get dat C.

dem

Why the hell would you not pick Yakupov if he falls to you?

Everyone is stupid.

Yakupov has been rated #1 for 2 straight years. He's not some lazy enigmatic Russian. Hes a beast.

Why the hell would you not pick Yakupov if he falls to you?

Everyone is stupid.

Yakupov has been rated #1 for 2 straight years. He's not some lazy enigmatic Russian. Hes a beast.

He's a concussion-friendly, small-ish player (Teuvo is supposedly labeled as small, but they're the same height) with incredible skills, but who tends to play an east-west game (hence his concussion) and who doesn't give a shit about his team.

He might also leave for the KHL. He also had shitty playoffs.

That said, I'd be pretty happy to get him.

The only players I don't want to draft are defensemen and Filip Forsberg (boring).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He's a concussion-friendly, small-ish player (Teuvo is supposedly labeled as small, but they're the same height) with incredible skills, but who tends to play an east-west game (hence his concussion) and who doesn't give a shit about his team.

He might also leave for the KHL. He also had shitty playoffs.

That said, I'd be pretty happy to get him.

The only players I don't want to draft are defensemen and Filip Forsberg (boring).

Seriously other than him being Russian what do people base this on? Has he shown any inclination that he would do this? He came from Russia to North America to play. Doesn't sound like someone who would just up and leave.

Please no. Not for $5 million a year, anyway.

And you left Grossmann off your top 6 D list?

Forgot Grossman. And I think Carle gets way more shit than he deserves. If he comes in at 4.5 or below I'm on board.

Yankee, I don't want Jagr back. He can't make it deep enough and he'll ask for too much. It's better to let Voracek try and break through.

Seriously other than him being Russian what do people base this on? Has he shown any inclination that he would do this? He came from Russia to North America to play. Doesn't sound like someone who would just up and leave.

For Yaks it is unfounded. After an ELC he'll get superstar money which is more than what the KHL will put out. Guys that have to develop a while in AHL/ minors are the ones that can bolt IMO. There were a quite a few this year.

dem

5'11 190lbs is not that small.

Yakupov is built like a man.

Doesn't care about his team? Based on what?

Everybody has gone insane.

Quick

Banned

Agreed. He came here all the way from Russia to play junior hockey to increase his chances, and I don't think he'd blow it all by going back to Russia at the first sign of trouble.

At least, I don't think he's bolt quite that easily.

For Yaks it is unfounded. After an ELC he'll get superstar money which is more than what the KHL will put out. Guys that have to develop a while in AHL/ minors are the ones that can bolt IMO. There were a quite a few this year.

KHL can offer him way more than an ELC and more than his 2nd contract because it would be tax free.

Yes he came to NA to play but so did Radulov, ask Nashville how that turned out.

Really depends on how much he likes NA lifestyle, money and whatever team drafts him.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@AJonSports: Bryan Murray says he's still in talks with Columbus about Rick Nash. Says the #15 pick has not been part of any trade discussions. #Sens"

"@AJonSports: Murray says he has not had any discussions with Pittsburgh or Anaheim about Jordan Staal or Bobby Ryan. #Sens"

LLAAAAAMNMMEEEEE

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
DRAFT DAY BUT NO TRADES YET FUUUU.

Where are the trades, i want something to happen.

Also, Yakupov not first, have people gone batshit crazy? Even if Edmonton needs a defenseman, they'd get a better player than Murray (or, you know, Murray himself) AND more by trading, they'd be insane not to pick him.

Fei

O for fuck's sake!

693972.png

Going to be hilarious in a few years if Bob turns out to be the goalie Philly has been looking for.

Solo

I tell ya, don't expect Timmins to draft according to the rankings... I think it's gonna be Teuvo, and we might trade down for it.

Literally *the* only way that drafting TT would be even marginally acceptable. If Timmins were to pick him at third, I'd be on the first bus to Montreal to skullfuck him.

Anyways, damn these rumors to hell. Now got me dreaming of Yakupov on the Habs :_(

Cake Boss

Banned
Are any of these guys potentially Stamkos-level game-changers?

TSN talked about this last night.

Apprently Yakupov had the same goals per game average as Stamkos and just a bit lower on the points per game.

Stamkos has the size but Yaku has the skating, amazing skater.Bure eske

I cant believe they got anything for Bob. I am very happy they moved him. He might become good somewhere else but it wasnt going to happen in Philly.

Im going to Europe tomorrow for a month and havent even started packing yet and now I have to worry about overpaying for Nash -_-

Mika I can eventually swallow, but Mika and Lehner? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Top Bottom