• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAttack

Holy shit. The Pacific finish is going to be insane.

Kings: 91 points
Remaining Schedule: EDM, SJ, @SJ

Coyotes: 91 points
Remaining Schedule: CBJ, @STL, @MIN

Sharks: 90 points
Remaining Schedule: @ DAL, @LA, LA

Stars: 89 points
Remaining Schedule: SJS, @NSH, STL

Should be interesting.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Should be interesting.

Sharks have it in their own hands, playing LA twice and Dallas once. Dallas has it the hardest, with playing STL AND NSH, AND being behind points-wise.

I'm gonna say Phoenix will make it, and then whoever wins the LA-SJS-games, those are going to be INTENSE.

Socreges

Banned

Should be interesting.
It's been crazy for a couple weeks already. I think LA will win the division. Phoenix will finish 7th and San Jose will
miss the playoffs

Those two LA/SJ games could decide which wins the division and/or which misses the playoffs. Awesome.

In a game full of rather blatant cheap shots Schenn on Crosby was relatively tame. No one is really saying what Schenn did was perfectly legal, but in the scheme of things that happened in that game it's ludicrous that it's THAT hit that gets the attention.

MacAttack

Sharks have it in their own hands, playing LA twice and Dallas once. Dallas has it the hardest, with playing STL AND NSH, AND being behind points-wise.

I'm gonna say Phoenix will make it, and then whoever wins the LA-SJS-games, those are going to be INTENSE.

It's been crazy for a couple weeks already. I think LA will win the division. Phoenix will finish 7th and San Jose will
miss the playoffs

Those two LA/SJ games could decide which wins the division and/or which misses the playoffs. Awesome.

I'm looking forward to those SJ/LA games. Having seen both teams last week against Boston they are already in playoff mode. NHL schedule makers got it right this time.

Would love to see San Jose win the division and have the Kings beat St. Louis in the first round. Then have Dallas squeak past Phoenix for the final spot.

Socreges

Banned
In a game full of rather blatant cheap shots Schenn on Crosby was relatively tame. No one is really saying what Schenn did was perfectly legal, but in the scheme of things that happened in that game it's ludicrous that it's THAT hit that gets the attention.
Full-on cross-check from behind as the players are leisurely skating to the bench? I didn't watch the entire game, but that was definitely the one that stood out the most for me.

MacAttack

Great photo of that fake Hogan getting trolled by Hartnell.

ApbusMnCIAU12Dj.jpg

The guy looks way too old to be wearing a hockey jersey and who the fuck buys an away hockey jersey?

Full-on cross-check from behind as the players are leisurely skating to the bench? I didn't watch the entire game, but that was definitely the one that stood out the most for me.

As we discussed earlier, that crosscheck never happened. Between the time a goal is scored and the whistle blows and the refs are told by Toronto that "it was a goal, lol" you can pretty much do whatever you want without repercussion. Crosby's lucky he didn't get McSorley'd.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nah I'm good :p It's a community thread and it's related to the NHL. We're having a good time as it's playoff time in our neo-gaf NHL fantasy league. Just put me back on ignore.

I could also have Dan Giradi go -1/-2 in combination to beat it.
No one gives two flying fucks about your fantasy team, go post in the fantasy thread and keep your bullshit out of here.

The guy looks way too old to be wearing a hockey jersey and who the fuck buys an away hockey jersey?

Makes sense if you don't like your home colours. IE: Preds previous home jerseys were horrible.

Personally I think the Penguins away jerseys > home. White suits the logo so well.

MacAttack

Makes sense if you don't like your home colours. IE: Preds previous home jerseys were horrible.

Personally I think the Penguins away jerseys > home. White suits the logo so well.

I don't care for either penguins jersey, the metallic gold doesn't do anything for me. I would go vintage black and gold (classy colors) or the winter classic powder blue jersey.

Tabris

No one gives two flying fucks about your fantasy team, go post in the fantasy thread and keep your bullshit out of here.

I would think you would be into fantasy hockey as that's the only kind of hockey where the Habs are in the playoffs :p

Solo

If Habs finish 29th: 18.8% chance at Yakupov
If Habs finish 28th: 14.2% chance at Yakupov

Plz stay in 29th.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Absolutely. Crosby gets away with a lot of slashes, though, so he doesn't win much sympathy for himself.

I couldn't believe yesterday's game for a multitude of reasons.

First, the faceoff where Crosby loses and then proceeds to 2-hand slash the opposing center's stick TWICE--right in front of the official, mind you--eventually slashing the stick out of his hands.

No call. The official standing 3 feet away watching the entire thing happen. No call.

Then, later in the game, the "too many men on the ice penalty" that replay showed clearly wasn't going to be called until the ref skated by the Pens bench when, after he was reamed by the bench players and coaching staff, he raises his arm.

Then, the blatant cross check from behind on Crosby with no call.

That type of officiating shouldn't be happening.

Fei

Help us Tampa Bay, you are our only hope. :(

I liked Hartnell before yesterday. Now he might be my favorite non-Sabre. :lol

Ahhh Yoda, I'm so glad it's you, I was hoping, more than anyone, that I would get to rub it in your face:

Ha.

The only thing canucks will be rubbing will be the salty tears flowing down from their eyes to their cheeks once they get decimated in the playoffs. That's what you will be rubbing.

Or on the other hand, buy your twins (ala vaginas) a vibrator; maybe you might see the lord stanley in Vancouver.

Cake Boss

Banned
Next year should be even more interesting.

Yes, I just wish the 2 Swedish kids were here to experience it, should be good for their development.

Zibby is apparently going to Bingo since his team is eliminated and Silfverberg is too boss to lose in the SEL playoffs, so there is no chance hes coming over this month.

Zibby is apparently going to Bingo since his team is eliminated and Silfverberg is too boss to lose in the SEL playoffs, so there is no chance hes coming over this month.

Noesen might end being the best player we drafted last year, seven goals and 14 points in six playoff games in the OHL.

Silfverberg might go deep in the playoffs and I believe he's been given an A for the WC this year, won't see him til the development camp.

The biggest question will be what they do with the defense. Gilroy is awful so I seriously doubt they will keep him, it's a question of keeping Kuba or not.

Cake Boss

Banned
The biggest question will be what they do with the defense. Gilroy is awful so I seriously doubt they will keep him, it's a question of keeping Kuba or not.

Yeah the defense is what worries me the most for next season, Kuba might not be back and Cowen might hit a sophmore slump and might not be ready to be the top 2 guy with Karlsson, we already give up too many shots and chances, and with Kuba and Cowen being our 2 best shutdown guys, it might be hard next season. With Rundblad not in the system anymore, there isn't any top d prospects that could play in the top 4 next season.

I would not resign Gilroy at all and let Borocop take his spot, I think hes ready and would do a better job, also brings the physicality we desperatly need from this soft d core.
I will give Kuba a 2 year contract and see if he takes it, but I doubt it.
If he doesn't I will look at a dman like Grossman, Stuart, Carle or Allen, 2nd tier guys that could play in the top 4.

Yeah the defense is what worries me the most for next season, Kuba might not be back and Cowen might hit a sophmore slump and might not be ready to be the top 2 guy with Karlsson, we already give up too many shots and chances, and with Kuba and Cowen being our 2 best shutdown guys, it might be hard next season. With Rundblad not in the system anymore, there isn't any top d prospects that could play in the top 4 next season.

I would not resign Gilroy at all and let Borocop take his spot, I think hes ready and would do a better job, also brings the physicality we desperatly need from this soft d core.
I will give Kuba a 2 year contract and see if he takes it, but I doubt it.
If he doesn't I will look at a dman like Grossman, Stuart, Carle or Allen, 2nd tier guys that could play in the top 4.

Borowiecki plays the left so if they bring him up he'd replace Kuba on the roster (with Cowen taking his minutes - a big risk). Either they take that risk or they sign a FA for a short term deal but the good D-men you mentioned will probably want (and get) a long term. Gryba is a guy who might replace Carkner/Gilroy's spot as a bottom pairing D-man. Probably not a good idea to have 2 more rookies on the blueline next year though.

I agree, zedge is awesome.

So it pains me to post this :

I feel much better.

I take comfort in the fact that the Oilers had been mathematically eliminated since around November.

How's the rebuild going? I can't wait until all the first rounders contracts expire and they move out of Edmonton. What a shithole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom