• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take comfort in the fact that the Oilers had been mathematically eliminated since around November.

How's the rebuild going? I can't wait until all the first rounders contracts expire and they move out of Edmonton. What a shithole.

Yeah, I know. It's a franchise that has a tough time getting players to play there, and a tough time to get people to resign.

Plus if a player actually does sign there they have to overpay.

If they were only like Calgary where the franchise can lure good players and get their star players to sign for hometown disounts they could muster up 3 more wins tie Calgary's elite level.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lucic-girlfriend-tweets.jpg

The Bruins-Canucks rivalry has officially extended to players’ girlfriends.

From the Twitter feed of Milan Lucic’s squeeze, Brittany Carnegie, a message for Cory Schneider in regards to his girlfriend, Jill

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...-broad/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

lol

i can't see either teams making it to the finals for a rematch

If this was Marchand's GF I'd be all over it, but because it's Lucic I'll give him a pass. Despite his GF looking like an absolutely dumb one. Seriously, was that really necessary? Also lol@"Snyder".

Cat Party

If this was Marchand's GF I'd be all over it, but because it's Lucic I'll give him a pass. Despite his GF looking like an absolutely dumb one. Seriously, was that really necessary? Also lol@"Snyder".

Smaley, let me tell you something. Deliberately mispronouncing someone's name is a classic diss.

Curufinwe

In a game full of rather blatant cheap shots Schenn on Crosby was relatively tame. No one is really saying what Schenn did was perfectly legal, but in the scheme of things that happened in that game it's ludicrous that it's THAT hit that gets the attention.

It was actually direct retaliation for the slashes Crosby laid on Schenn just beforehand. I guess Crosby's brains are so scrambled he thinks he can slash away all game and not face any repercussions.

MPW

Yeah, I know. It's a franchise that has a tough time getting players to play there, and a tough time to get people to resign.

Plus if a player actually does sign there they have to overpay.

If they were only like Calgary where the franchise can lure good players and get their star players to sign for hometown disounts they could muster up 3 more wins tie Calgary's elite level.

are oilers gonna pick a d man in draft? or will oilers troll habs and get Grigorenko?

also, no playoffs for cammy :D

Parch

Playoffs are getting clearer. Stealing that 3 spot is really significant this year. Even finding a way to sneak into the 6 spot is an advantage while Pittsburgh and Philly beat the crap out of each other in the first round.

Chicago probably would prefer that 6 spot for the same reason. I'm thinking they'd rather play LA over Detroit.

are oilers gonna pick a d man in draft? or will oilers troll habs and get Grigorenko?

also, no playoffs for cammy :D

I've always been in the camp to draft the best player available, no matter what position you're lacking. Then use prospects/picks etc to get what you need.

There's been way too many high Defensive busts, like Cam Barker who's on the Oilers now.

I want Yakupov or grigz, I have a feeling MTL will get Grigorenko.

... What's wrong with NVan?

Also, I feel bad for Colorado, all they can do is sit back and watch others play while crossing fingers :/

I read somewhere last week before the Sharks and PHX won their last games that the avs had a 7% chance of things working out for them. Probably at 4% or lower now since PHX won, if they win tomorrow avs are screwed.

Parch

No guarantees on any draft pick, but top 3 should significantly increase those odds so I'd be against the Oilers reaching for a d-man.
I can see the Oilers trading the 2 pick if they get it. They can start hyping those top picks to get max trade value just to move down a couple of spots.

Since trade deadline was quiet this year, draft day might have a lot more interesting trades.
I'm still standing by my prediction that Rick Nash will be moving this summer.

Stet

Banned
Girl from Boston yells at girl from Vancouver for wearing a Boston hat to a Boston/Vancouver game in Vancouver. Girl from Vancouver responds, "Vancouver is my home !" Can't...process...

Noesen might end being the best player we drafted last year, seven goals and 14 points in six playoff games in the OHL.

Silfverberg might go deep in the playoffs and I believe he's been given an A for the WC this year, won't see him til the development camp.

The biggest question will be what they do with the defense. Gilroy is awful so I seriously doubt they will keep him, it's a question of keeping Kuba or not.
Yeah hopefully Silvfer should reach the final, otherwise i'm pretty sure that he would be open to go, I'm pretty sure that I have seen him answering positively when they talked about Kruger who did it last yeaf. Is there an end date before which he has to go if he wan't to join the Sens? Probably pretty soon right? He has atleast a week left here and hopefully a couple of more:) But if he comes he will probably be pretty beaten up, the last series has been tough for him, the opponents doesn't miss a chance to give him a cheapshot but it hasn't hurt his performance that much so far.

What did you mean with been given an A? like in assistant captain? I have a hard time to believe that when we have no idea who the NHL players on the team would be, but he sure deserves it. Pure class act. And he also was awarded the C on the club team last week when Dackell ended his career.

t0mp

for whatever reason Lucic's girlfriend is bigger than this (that bruce posted):

Philadelphia Flyers
INJURY UPDATE: Danny Briere is out indefinitely with upper back contusion. Nicklas Grossmann is out 7-10 days with lower body injury.

what. you're telling me an NHL player/star is dating a good looking stupid girl? I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED

it's definitely going to add to the playoff story. it's gonna get ugly, that's for sure.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
for whatever reason Lucic's girlfriend is bigger than this (that bruce posted):

Philadelphia Flyers
INJURY UPDATE: Danny Briere is out indefinitely with upper back contusion. Nicklas Grossmann is out 7-10 days with lower body injury.

what. you're telling me an NHL player/star is dating a good looking stupid girl? I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED

it's definitely going to add to the playoff story. it's gonna get ugly, that's for sure.

Playoff story? Chances are pretty slim that Vancouver and Boston will meet again soon...

Yeah hopefully Silvfer should reach the final, otherwise i'm pretty sure that he would be open to go, I'm pretty sure that I have seen him answering positively when they talked about Kruger who did it last yeaf. Is there an end date before which he has to go if he wan't to join the Sens? Probably pretty soon right? He has atleast a week left here and hopefully a couple of more:) But if he comes he will probably be pretty beaten up, the last series has been tough for him, the opponents doesn't miss a chance to give him a cheapshot but it hasn't hurt his performance that much so far.

What did you mean with been given an A? like in assistant captain? I have a hard time to believe that when we have no idea who the NHL players on the team would be, but he sure deserves it. Pure class act. And he also was awarded the C on the club team last week when Dackell ended his career.

Our season ends this Saturday, I read he was open to coming but it's too late now I figure he'd need some regular season games, he's never played on NA ice to my knowledge so it was a longshot to begin with. Hope he goes far in the SEL playoffs, he's an awesome player. I hope his game will translate over to the NHL.

Our GM just said that we'd play Silfverberg in the playoffs if he's eliminated(in time).

The radio here said Sweden will give the assistant captain A in the WC, dunno if it's true.

Dackell was an awesome player here, sad to see him hang it up. The Sens have always been powered by Sweden :)

Marvie_3

Banned
Disgruntled fans sue NHL over broadcast access

A group of disgruntled U.S. hockey fans is going to war against the National Hockey League, accusing the league of conspiring to overcharge customers for its game broadcasts in an antitrust lawsuit.

The litigation, if successful, could cost the NHL hundreds of millions of dollars in damages, several legal experts said.

The lawsuit focuses on the NHL’s practice of giving teams broadcast exclusivity in local markets. That exclusivity means customers who buy the NHL’s season-long viewing packages on the Internet or satellite and cable TV cannot watch broadcasts of games featuring teams in their own market.

Because of these restrictions, there is no way for U.S. consumers to obtain live Internet streaming of games involving a team from within the exclusive territory of that team, the lawsuit alleges.

“No one in New York,” the court filings say, “has access to any live presentation of a contest involving the Rangers over the Internet, despite the fact that Rangers’ contests are routinely streamed over the Internet to consumers elsewhere. . . . The sole reason for this restriction is to interfere with competition.”

By restricting more widely available game telecasts, the league “is able to charge monopoly pricing and limit the choices available to consumers.”
Really hope the NHL loses this. Blackout rules are bullshit.

They won't though.....

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Price might have a concussion. Sucks if true, but if something like this was going to happen, now is the best time.

Our season ends this Saturday, I read he was open to coming but it's too late now I figure he'd need some regular season games, he's never played on NA ice to my knowledge so it was a longshot to begin with. Hope he goes far in the SEL playoffs, he's an awesome player. I hope his game will translate over to the NHL.

Our GM just said that we'd play Silfverberg in the playoffs if he's eliminated(in time).

The radio here said Sweden will give the assistant captain A in the WC, dunno if it's true.

Dackell was an awesome player here, sad to see him hang it up. The Sens have always been powered by Sweden :)
I guess he played WJHC in Canada but i understand that he would need much more experience to get a fair chance to deliver.

Marvie_3

Banned
The article says the suit is claiming breach of anti-trust laws, but I was under the impression that sports leagues had monopoly exemption in the US. I'm no lawyer, though.
MLB is the only league with full anti-trust exemption. The NHL, NBA, and NFL have partial exemptions but I'm not sure to what extent it goes for each league.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price officially shut down for the season. Molson saw Edmonton take out Hall for the rest of the season and just went all in. Hopefully this guarantees that second pick. I really hope it's not a concussion though, especially if he's about to sign a 7 year contract, I don't want this to be an issue next season.

Razorskin

----- ------
Price officially shut down for the season. Molson saw Edmonton take out Hall for the rest of the season and just went all in. Hopefully this guarantees that second pick. I really hope it's not a concussion though, especially if he's about to sign a 7 year contract, I don't want this to be an issue next season.

Sucks, but this has it's upside (aka better shot at 2nd overall pick)

rellix

Disgruntled fans sue NHL over broadcast access

Really hope the NHL loses this. Blackout rules are bullshit.

They won't though.....

Yeah, they're not winning that one. The streaming service was not developed as an alternative to watching on TV - only as a primary source for where it's unavailable.

I can't stand people who refuse to get cable or any TV service but insist on watching everything online, yet complain about it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah, they're not winning that one. The streaming service was not developed as an alternative to watching on TV - only as a primary source for where it's unavailable.

I can't stand people who refuse to get cable or any TV service but insist on watching everything online, yet complain about it.

Why should I be forced to pay extra for cable that I'm not going to watch anyway? I can't get Center Ice without getting cable+digital tiers here. Game Center is just as bad because the games are blacked out whether I have cable or not so if I'm on campus I still can't watch the games even though I'm nowhere near my tv. Being forced to pay for the home shopping network and fox news when all I want to do is watch a couple hockey games is bullshit. Tack on the price of NBC/FSN/NBCSN to NHL Game Center/Center Ice for each month of the season and stop blacking out games.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Price out due to 'headaches'

I didn't know headaches meant last place in the East :p

this sucks for our chances though...like I said, durty Habs being durty.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Why should I be forced to pay extra for cable that I'm not going to watch anyway? I can't get Center Ice without getting cable+digital tiers here. Game Center is just as bad because the games are blacked out whether I have cable or not so if I'm on campus I still can't watch the games even though I'm nowhere near my tv. Being forced to pay for the home shopping network and fox news when all I want to do is watch a couple hockey games is bullshit. Tack on the price of NBC/FSN/NBCSN to NHL Game Center/Center Ice for each month of the season and stop blacking out games.

Definitely. I know most people here hate baseball, but I was thinking of getting rid of my cable and use MLB TV to watch the Jays, but apparently Jays games are blacked out all across Canada, which is fucking stupid.

Socreges

Banned
Re: Daniel getting injured and the Canucks winning 6 straight

Luongo: "Sometimes you need a little adversity"

I think that's all it is. Gave them something to play for and a reason to play harder.

Apparently Daniel's resumed light workouts. His return will be a big boost, even if they haven't really missed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom