• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they're not winning that one. The streaming service was not developed as an alternative to watching on TV - only as a primary source for where it's unavailable.

I can't stand people who refuse to get cable or any TV service but insist on watching everything online, yet complain about it.

Sports franchises need to offer legitimate ways to watch games online for a fan who is in their market. Like Marvie said, it isn't fair that you are forced to subscribe to a cable company in order to watch the game.

Parch

Re: Daniel getting injured and the Canucks winning 6 straight

Luongo: "Sometimes you need a little adversity"

I think that's all it is. Gave them something to play for and a reason to play harder.
I don't put a lot of faith in late season slumps from playoff teams either. They're just in cruise control, spreading around the ice time and resting key players, ala the Bieksa holiday.
Don't bet the house against late season slumps come playoff time. That's the adversity and reason to play harder they've been waiting for.

Slurmer

Banned
Hate that Grossmann is injured now, hope that knee-to-knee hit isn't going to linger long. I'm okay with Briere getting more rest.

Then, the blatant cross check from behind on Crosby with no call.

That type of officiating shouldn't be happening.

It was called, if I recall. Schenn didn't go to the box because they reviewed the shot on net before the penalty and realized it was in the net...thus making the penalty, which occurred after the goal was scored, void.

Merguson

Banned
Watching 24/7.. Pens and Caps..

HBO is going to be so happy with next year...

Two original six teams..

One with a long successful streak of post-season success..

One still trying to make the post-season since the lockout..

Re: Daniel getting injured and the Canucks winning 6 straight

Luongo: "Sometimes you need a little adversity"

I think that's all it is. Gave them something to play for and a reason to play harder.

Apparently Daniel's resumed light workouts. His return will be a big boost, even if they haven't really missed him.
Who?

Socreges

Banned
I don't put a lot of faith in late season slumps from playoff teams either. They're just in cruise control, spreading around the ice time and resting key players, ala the Bieksa holiday.
Don't bet the house against late season slumps come playoff time. That's the adversity and reason to play harder they've been waiting for.
Yeah, but sometimes a lack of motivation and a string of losses can bring down confidence going into the playoffs. I personally don't get worried about little slumps, but if the Canucks had continued to play .500 hockey over the last few weeks and into April, I'd be concerned for sure.

I don't get it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

MacAttack

for whatever reason Lucic's girlfriend is bigger than this (that bruce posted)

The reason is simple.

"haters are guna hate!"

I wonder if Schneider is more offended by Lucic's girlfriend calling him Vancouvers loser backup goalie or by BWG still referring to him as a prospect.

Bad news on Briere, what's the word on my boy Bryz?

Socreges

Banned
TSN, before cutting to commercial:

"A war of words between the Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks. Nothing new? Oh yes there's something new! Stay tuned!"

Brittany Carnegie, better Bruins representative than Tim Thomas?

I wonder if Schneider is more offended by Lucic's girlfriend calling him Vancouvers loser backup goalie or by BWG still referring to him as a prospect.
bahaha

Erdrick

Damn, not only have the Jets lost Tanner Glass with a broken foot, Kyle Wellwood is gone as well, with the same injury. Yeah, we're out of the playoffs and there is only 3 games left for us, but I was really impressed with Wellwood's playmaking this season. Such a smart player who always seemed to be able to make something out of nothing.

I really hope the Jets resign him again this offseason. He's certainly earned another shot.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Trap hockey is so boring. I hope we get a coach who knows how to coach and actually talks to his players.

Stone Hands has been good ever since turned into a punching bag.

ZeroGravity

I don't care how disappointing this season has been, that win helped to ease a lot of the pain.

Up to you now, Sabres and Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom