• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Top 10 pick rankings for April from Future Considerations for those interested:

Rank / Pos. / Name / Team / League / Ht / Wt /
1). RW Nail Yakupov, Sarnia, OHL, 5-10.5, 189
2). D Ryan Murray, Everett, WHL, 6-0.5, 200
3). C Alex Galchenyuk, Sarnia, OHL, 6-1, 185
4). C Mikhail Grigorenko, Quebec, QMJHL, 6-3, 200
5). LW Filip Forsberg, Leksand, Swe., 6-2, 180
6). D Morgan Rielly, Moose Jaw, WHL, 5-11.5, 190
7). D Matt Dumba, Red Deer, WHL, 5-11.5, 180
8). D Jacob Trouba, USNTDP U18, USHL, 6-2, 195
9). D Cody Ceci, Ottawa, OHL, 6-2.5, 210
10). RW Teuvo Teravainen, Jokerit Jr., Fin Jr., 5-11, 165

Yakupov, Galchenyuk and Grigorenko

Whichever the Habs choose I already got nicknames ala "grabmyballski" and "latenstiff" to signify how "sure" I am they will develop into busts. :D

Top 10 pick rankings for April from Future Considerations for those interested:

Rank / Pos. / Name / Team / League / Ht / Wt /
1). RW Nail Yakupov, Sarnia, OHL, 5-10.5, 189
2). D Ryan Murray, Everett, WHL, 6-0.5, 200
3). C Alex Galchenyuk, Sarnia, OHL, 6-1, 185
4). C Mikhail Grigorenko, Quebec, QMJHL, 6-3, 200
5). LW Filip Forsberg, Leksand, Swe., 6-2, 180
6). D Morgan Rielly, Moose Jaw, WHL, 5-11.5, 190
7). D Matt Dumba, Red Deer, WHL, 5-11.5, 180
8). D Jacob Trouba, USNTDP U18, USHL, 6-2, 195
9). D Cody Ceci, Ottawa, OHL, 6-2.5, 210
10). RW Teuvo Teravainen, Jokerit Jr., Fin Jr., 5-11, 165
If the Oilers don't grab Murray, then it's almost guaranteed they'll tank another season to snatch that top-5 pick franchise defenceman.

NY inslanders used to be one of the greater franchises with a huge fanbase and to just see it rot / crumble like that is despicable. It's disgusting. Wang needs to get the fuck out.

NY islanders are fast approaching the irrelevancy levels of Phoenix coyotes real quick and in my honest opinion, that organization does not deserve that. They are nothing like Phoenix, they actually have a huge fanbase, former nhl'ers who are now inducted into the hall of fame (Mike Bossy, Denis Potvin and Bryan Trottier; pretty sure there's more but that's all I can remember), won multiple stanley cups....

Like I said, it's simply devastating seeing what this stupid ass fucker (Wang) is doing to the organization and ruining another team that I think the nhl needs (in terms of market; for the nhl to grow in the states).

I simply think the nhl needs to step-in and tell this idiot to go fuck off. I feel for every NY islanders fan.

:(

From a leaf fan.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Even with Murray Edmonton will still suck, but it will be a step in the right direction. I'm tired of seeing them pick so high though christ.

Even with Murray Edmonton will still suck, but it will be a step in the right direction. I'm tired of seeing them pick so high though christ.

I'm just envisioning a situation where most of their top picks in recent years end up become stars and they're put in a cap situation where they have to trade away a large chunk of them for much less than they're worth. Probably what they need to do anyway, but having high talent walk away like that won't be easy.

What?!? Why would Shero even get pissed. I'm a huge Crosby fan but Crosby can be a straight dick. And yes I know what Milbury said.

He was only pissed in the regards of making light of a player suffering concussions, nothing more. He said with the big focus on concussions lately it's in pretty bad taste to say things like he said about his 37th concussion or whatever.

for a clean hit on Briere? I hate that he got hurt, but I don't see why there's such an uproar over this. They are heated rivals and things got sticky at the end of the game. Big deal, move on.

Pretty much, not sure what the answering the bell thing is all about.

vitale also hurt grossman with a knee to knee hit. i can't find a video and i don't remember it looking like it was intentional, but if you factor that in with brieres hit when the game was over he will definitely be targeted saturday.

Dunno about the Grossman hit since I don't remember it but to target him just for the Briere hit is sad.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
SFo4d.png

Canucks Legend© Kirk MacLean enjoying a delicious ice cream/blowjob/daydream about daisies, yesterday

It was just the last 2 years. Unless 10th overall is considered really high too, then it would be the last 3 years they picked really high.

I dunno about Ryan Murray, I know I shouldn't judge him on that Russian semi-final game but it was probably the biggest game of his career and 17 goals went off his ass into his own net.

Acid08

Banned
Why do I have the feeling that Ott is going to pull some really dirty shit tonight and injure one of our players.

Acid08

Banned
Because that's what Ott does. Which is why Murray should be on the ice w/ Ott at all times.

That said, go Stars. Then after tonight, boo stars and sharks.

Murray is injured again. Not that it matters much, he has been awful since coming back from that fractured adams apple. I want Jumbo to pound on Ott again.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently Chicago's assistant GM Marc Bergevin, and mega agent Pat Brisson have been contacted about GM / Executive positions for the Habs.

Murray is injured again. Not that it matters much, he has been awful since coming back from that fractured adams apple. I want Jumbo to pound on Ott again.

I'd say maybe he's going through the same situation Duchene's going through in playing injured but I'm not sure how a sore adam's apple would make you play like shit. Anyway, I like seeing Ott get what's coming to him too! BFFs.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I just have to say, there better be a fuckton of people ready to throw rats in Miami tonight. With that, I'll be avoiding this thread until I can get home and watch the game on DVR.

Snaku

Banned
I just have to say, there better be a fuckton of people ready to throw rats in Miami tonight. With that, I'll be avoiding this thread until I can get home and watch the game on DVR.

Hopefully it's the same crowd that attended Raw last night. YES!YES!YES!YES!

Montresor

I can feel the hatred rising! Good on Mcnabb for fighting Rosehill. At the same time, attaboy Rosehill for stepping up for our boys.

Montresor

Bozak!

Sabres announcers thought Tor player could get instigator.

Except Rob Ray, who understands how it actually works.

Okay I'll admit I missed whether or not there was an instigator. I didn't see anyone go down a man. I don't think there should've been one because Mcnabb looked like a very willing participant.

Montresor

I fucking love it! This game is so fucking chippy! Good work Frattin!

Also FUCK whoever hit Bozak. Jesus Christ moron you wait till someone has the puck before you lay him out.

Edit: it was foligno? Get outta here FFS. He needs to calm down before he shoots his pants. His hit on Gunnarsson was fine but hitting Bozak like that was stupid.

And Scrivens looked cool and calm on that Pominville breakaway.

Fei

Sabres throwing these guys around like rag dolls heh. Foligno drops Bozak this time.

Edit - BTW, I called the two Sabres losses. :(

Fei

I get Boyes being scratched because he's terrible (really terrible), but shouldn't that standard also be applied to Derek Roy? The guy is a turnover machine and can't finish for anything. Put someone else on Pominville's line.

Hurt/benched

I'm sure if the games meant anything they could play

Kessel with 80 points

Really? Buffalo is failing against the fucking Leafs? Holy shit

Fei

And that about wraps it up. Wish we could have put a *bit* of pressure on Washington after Tampa did their part. Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom