• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this Stars/Preds game going to be equivalent of that Stars/Wild game from last season where if the Stars won they would've gotten a postseason but instead lost while showing absolutely no heart whatsoever?

Acid08

Banned
So is this Stars/Preds game going to be equivalent of that Stars/Wild game from last season where if the Stars won they would've gotten a postseason but instead lost while showing absolutely no heart whatsoever?

Hopefully, they sure didn't show any heart last night.

Ott was taking runs at Pavelski though, so there's that. Does that count as heart?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Hopefully, they sure didn't show any heart last night.

Ott was taking runs at Pavelski though, so there's that. Does that count as heart?

thought they started out showing plenty of heart. outshot sharks something like 8-2 and were laying out to block tons of shot. they just couldnt sustain.

i dunno why im arguing 'heart' with a sharks fan though

Fei

Assuming Miller doesn't burn out, he could steal a series by himself. Lundqvist hasn't been a playoff performer.

Miller's stats are about as good as his record when Ehrhoff isn't in the lineup this year - pretty terrible. We'll see. He's already showing some signs of burnout the last week.

Acid08

Banned
thought they started out showing plenty of heart. outshot sharks something like 8-2 and were laying out to block tons of shot. they just couldnt sustain.

i dunno why im arguing 'heart' with a sharks fan though

5 minutes of heart, sounds like they were trying to emulate the Sharks past efforts.

Barrage

I wouldn't say the Stars have no heart. They just have no Bite anymore, because the team is too underfunded to have the talent to turn it up a notch. This has been true since Morrow decided to become 1/2 the player we thought he was going to be.

It'd be nice if they actually stepped up to tonight...Can't say I expect it to happen.

lol this is embarrassing. Stop trying to feed it to Stamkos every second, just shoot the damn puck.

They're just trying to get him to 60g ever since they found out that every 60g scorer gets 20 free burgers from In-n-Out.

I wouldn't say the Stars have no heart. They just have no Bite anymore, because the team is too underfunded to have the talent to turn it up a notch. This has been true since Morrow decided to become 1/2 the player we thought he was going to be.

It'd be nice if they actually stepped up to tonight...Can't say I expect it to happen.

I was referring mainly to last season, where at a critical moment of having a postseason or not against a depleted Wild team - they fell entirely flat. I haven't watched much of them this season, and when I have, they've been winning convincingly.

Solo

Habs will finish 28th overall. I've accepted that. Edmonton is too shitty to stay above them. So basically Habs are picking somewhere between 1st and 4th overall. I think they can still get Grigorenko if they get third pick. But if they end up with fourth pick, nope.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
lol this is embarrassing. Stop trying to feed it to Stamkos every second, just shoot the damn puck.
This. Lightning are giving up so many chances trying to force it to Stamkos I'm feeling second hand embarrassment. Cole continues to beast, but this is not good for us. Hopefully Budaj can help us out in the 3rd.

MPW

Habs will finish 28th overall. I've accepted that. Edmonton is too shitty to stay above them. So basically Habs are picking somewhere between 1st and 4th overall. I think they can still get Grigorenko if they get third pick. But if they end up with fourth pick, nope.

this is why cole needs to stop f'n scoring

Solo

Pacioretty: 30/31/61
Desharnais: 16/44/60
Cole: 34/25/59

Aren't too many other NHL teams boasting three 60 point players on a single line. Moral victory of the season.

Solo

Habs 2009-2010, 2010-2011: great goaltending, great PK, great PP, great defense, pure shit even strength offense

Habs: 2011-2012: mediocre goaltending, great PK, shit PP, crappy defense, great even strength offense

I'd laugh if I didn't want to cry. We can never ice a complete team it seems. The penalty kill is the only thing we're consistently great at.

Solo

First it was FAIL FOR NAIL. Then it was BLOW FOR GRIGORENKO. Now if the Habs end up with fourth overall pick, where are we? SUCK FOR GALCHENYUK?

Solo

I just looked up Crosby's numbers. 7 goals, 27 assists, 34 points in 20 games. 0.35 GPG, 1.35 APG, and 1.7 PPG. If he'd played 82 games at that pace, he'd have 29 goals, 111 assists and 140 points. Not only a career high, but he'd be destroying Malkin's league leading 105 points.

Just kind of hammers home that Crosby lost over a year of his PRIME.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We will stay in the top 5 and get one of Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Murray, or Forsberg. Any of those will be huge additions to the club, the thing is only Yakupov, Grigorenko, and Murray are NHL ready, and we don't need another young D. It is good to see Patches and Cole still care, they'll be great for the new kids for years to come.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wings get a 5 minute pp... still won't score.

EDIT - Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Wings get a 5 minute pp... give up a shorty.

Simply amazing. Detroit is fucking done. 4 game sweep in the playoffs coming up.

Solo

They won't take Murray. Our need is at forward, not at D. Our D is a mess now but thats due in large part to already having far too many young D-men cutting their teeth. Whoever they draft, it had better goddamn well be a forward, and preferably a centre at that.

Wings get a 5 minute pp... still won't score.

EDIT - Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Wings get a 5 minute pp... give up a shorty.
5509611799_82aa328735.jpg

SpacLock

I'll just chime in real fast to say that it looks like we can compete on the road again. Kindl screwed us over and good job by the Blues fans not letting us get back into it. It sounds crazy in there. I'm not worried though as I still believe we will dominate the playoffs.

I'll take Smith back, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom