• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait, so Anderson got pulled like five minutes into the period but gets a holding call a few minutes later?

How does that happen? I'm not watching the game, btw.

Changed to Spezza

Also 15 games is alright. In terms of what other players have gotten, it's a higher number, which is what it should have been. Is it as high as it should be if the league was serious about the whole thing? No. Is it high enough with current standards? Yes.

.... also lolsens, wtf. 3 goals on 7 shots? what

Heretic

Hm...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=93600495#post93600495
Savage? Yes. Needlessly savage? No. Hockey and Rugby are needlessly savage. Why do they need to fight and tackle so hard in order to gain control of the ball or puck when players of other sports can do it so gently? Cricket is needlessly savage. Why is dangerous and intimidating fast bowling allowed when line and length alone can encourage a reckless shot? By contrast, MMA only allows techniques that are sufficient for the competitor's objectives of rendering unconscious or attempting to maim an opponent through unarmed combat, nothing more. In fact, many potentially very useful tactics are disallowed, not for reasons of balance or entertainment value but precisely because of their savagery, such as driving one's elbow downwards into the back of your opponent's head as they desperately struggle for a take-down, or emulating that most savage of animals, the chimpanzee, and directly targeting the genitals for destruction. These are but a few examples; there are actually so many disallowed avenues to victory that a regulatory authority could probably fill an entire rule book with them, if they should choose to do so.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wtf. Jones hasn't given up an even strength goal against in ELEVEN STRAIGHT PERIODS. Not since the 2nd period against Anaheim on Dec3. And only 1 goal against in the last 10 periods in general.That's unreal.

Heretic

wtf. Jones hasn't given up an even strength goal against in ELEVEN STRAIGHT PERIODS. Not since the 2nd period against Anaheim on Dec3. And only 1 goal against in the last 10 periods in general.That's unreal.

Yup. We're awesome :) Ducks played a shitty game too. Out-battle and out-shot. Ended up losing in shootouts.

Phthisis

Kings are 10-1-3 since Quick went down with injury :)

Acid08

Banned
Fucking Queens. Hopefully Quick comes back and they start losing soon.

Cake Boss

Banned
The following players have more icetime than Ryan, Turris and Zibenejad.

Condra
Neil
Greening
Smith
Michalek

This coach mannn. Just fucking fire him already before Ryan walks.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Welp, it's getting pretty close to giving up on this season....

Can't even root for a tank because the fucking Ducks have our 1st -_-

The following players have more icetime than Ryan, Turris and Zibenejad.

Condra
Neil
Greening
Smith
Michalek

This coach mannn. Just fucking fire him already before Ryan walks.

This is actually pretty infuriating.

I mean I understand that these guys play fairly hard most shifts, but these guys are not going to carry this team into the playoffs. I swear, it seems like Maclean coaches this team drunk.

hahahahaha no.

Avs gotta lose too, sorry. Can't rely on the Wild sucking forever.

Yeo finally pulled his head out of his ass and put Coyle back on the top line. Haula on the 2nd might not be quite as good as Granlund but it's an improvement over Coyle's inefficient centerman ass. I love the guy but jesus he was bad at center.

With Harding in net + new line combos I'm expecting a much better effort and a much better game overall.

Yeo finally pulled his head out of his ass and put Coyle back on the top line. Haula on the 2nd might not be quite as good as Granlund but it's an improvement over Coyle's inefficient centerman ass. I love the guy but jesus he was bad at center.

With Harding in net + new line combos I'm expecting a much better effort and a much better game overall.

Hope you're ready to watch all that effort account for no points tonight

Hope you're ready to watch all that effort account for no points tonight

It's certainly possible but we'll see. Parise/Koivu/Coyle was a really good line last season and when they've been together for brief stints so far this year they've looked great. I'm expecting big things.

People must think I'm nice as I never talk shit, but it's really just because I'm superstitious.

If you wish to see the truth of your own nature, forget about these value judgments about who’s right and who’s wrong. Instead look deep inside yourself and tell me, what does your original face look like, before you were ever born?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like the idea that if a player gets suspended then the team roster is minus a player for the duration of his suspension. It would be a better deterrent then fining millionaires.

If you wish to see the truth of your own nature, forget about these value judgments about who’s right and who’s wrong. Instead look deep inside yourself and tell me, what does your original face look like, before you were ever born?

evil-ultrasound.jpg

I was so beautiful!

ZeroGravity

I like the idea that if a player gets suspended then the team roster is minus a player for the duration of his suspension. It would be a better deterrent then fining millionaires.
This seems like such a common sense solution, which I guess explains why the NHL hasn't adopted it.

What is this?

I have HBO Go thanks to my parents' HBO subscription back home. If I can watch it tonight that would be pretty slick.

I really wish you could get HBO Go without a TV subscription, Game of Thrones is the most pirated show on TV apparently, I feel they'd be better off just letting people have just Go.

Top Bottom