• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Mike Santorelli is 1st on the Canucks and 15th in the league in Even-strenght points. Chris Higgins is 2nd on the Canucks and 20th in the league.

-drools-

Imagine our 2nd PP unit was any good, Santorelli would be getting even more points and would be even more amazing a bargain than he already is.

Santorelli&Higgins are the only player in the top63 in even-strength points that have 0 powerplay-points.

Sanjuro

You can tell he had this date circled in his little day planner for a long time, "I get to make fun of people today oh boy!" Congratulations, you're a big boy now Marchand!

He doesn't live by your Canadian code of staying silent after being shoved around like a rag doll. He's a rebel Dottie.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
That's really low on the list of shitty things Marchand has done, I'm not even sure why that would bother any fans.

It doesn't even look like anyone is paying attention to him anyways.

Sanjuro

That's really low on the list of shitty things Marchand has done, I'm not even sure why that would bother any fans.

It doesn't even look like anyone is paying attention to him anyways.

Did you see the team they were playing against?

If it happened against the Habs, it would just be a product of the rivalry and an opposing player could just point towards the ceiling.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow I think Tabris is right about this one. That was one boring ass episode of 24/7, just 2 boring teams with boring players. Nothing really interesting happened aside of that Fruit Loops fight.

We have won 3 home games in the past 2 months...... I would cry with sorrow if it wasn't so pathetic.

However we called Jurco up so I may actually have to force myself to watch the game just to see him play. But of course he will probably be on the 4th line with Cleary on the top line.

Socreges

Banned
Did you see the team they were playing against?

If it happened against the Habs, it would just be a product of the rivalry and an opposing player could just point towards the ceiling.
AFAIK no Canucks gave a shit, though they probably see Marchand for the rat that he is.

We all agreed last night that what he did was fucking funny. RC and Templaer only represent themselves.

Heretic

Off the floor, on the (message) board!

89rNtVM.jpg

I know it was likely that Bish wasn't the one that banned me, but he's the most iconic, so whatever

And yes, the ban was well justified. I only made the Paul Walker post after it was almost confirmed that it was a hoax, knowing that he actually did pass is awful.

Mega late but:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! EL CAPITAN IS BACK!

TUSR

Banned
The more that I think about it, the funnier it gets.

Marchand is a beauty for kissing his ring finger because I literally would have done the same thing in his position. That's how hockey is.

I still hate his guts tho

Smiley90

Marchand kissing his finger/fake-raising the cup was hilarious. Especially cause Boston was losing and nobody paid attention to him anyway. What wasn't okay was blatantly hitting Luongo on the face with his stick and getting off unpunished, but everyone's fine and we won 6-2 so w/e.

Parch

Does Kessel ever do anything? He a quiet guy that never says much. Better to focus on the colorful characters than the humble wallflower.

How different is this 24/7 compared to Oil Change or Montreal's 24CH? Edmonton has been doing this for years and has been pretty good. 24CH is crap because of lousy narration.

Sanjuro

Marchand kissing his finger/fake-raising the cup was hilarious. Especially cause Boston was losing and nobody paid attention to him anyway. What wasn't okay was blatantly hitting Luongo on the face with his stick and getting off unpunished, but everyone's fine and we won 6-2 so w/e.

It was okay seeing Riley fucking clock him with that goal. Great play.

I don't recall seeing the other, so I'm assuming it was garbage time.

Quick

Banned
Does Kessel ever do anything? He a quiet guy that never says much. Better to focus on the colorful characters than the humble wallflower.

How different is this 24/7 compared to Oil Change or Montreal's 24CH? Edmonton has been doing this for years and has been pretty good. 24CH is crap because of lousy narration.

24/7 is pretty much the inspiration for those two shows, as much as each company may not want to admit it.

I find Oil Change to be really heavy on a grand narrative of eventual success, vs. 24CH, where it's really just weekly storylines.

I also think 24CH has poor narration, but I think it's just because it's a predominantly French production, and the English narrator is just half-assing it.

Speaking of ass:

Dat Alfie ass.

Osorio

It was nice seeing vintage Marty last night. Shutout 124.

Lindback is atrocious. So glad we didn't see Bishop last night.

And I hope Brunner stays hot.

Parch

It was nice seeing vintage Marty last night. Shutout 124.
124 shutouts is actually incredible.
I just shake my head every time I hear somebody say Patrick Roy is the greatest goaltender of all time. It's not even close. Brodeur owns that throne.

Smiley90

Do you really think Marchand would know that/care about that?

From the short ingame clip it seemed like he was in fact chirping towards Henrik, but Henrik was far away and skating/facing away from him and didn't even see it, so who knows.

pringles

Wow I think Tabris is right about this one. That was one boring ass episode of 24/7, just 2 boring teams with boring players. Nothing really interesting happened aside of that Fruit Loops fight.
One would think a Wings-Panthers match-up would lead to tons of exciting storylines and dramatic moments..weird.

But really, almost no players other than Phaneuf and Lupul got more than 10 seconds of screen time. The first episode of the previous 24/7s were dull too, should be better in coming eps. Hopefully Datsyuk's featured a lot more next episode.

Tabris

I am so grateful for being in the pacific because when / if we make it to the playoffs our last games will be against teams that play playoff hockey not scrubs like Edmonton.

I honestly think that hurt us last 2 years.

Quick

Banned
Having a conversation with the Red Wings players that had dinner must be pretty boring.

Red Wings dinner, just hanging out: "So, Datsyuk..."

Tabris

NHL should pick teams based on rivalries for these games and 24/7.

Nucks hawks
Montreal Boston

All 4 of those teams have both better personalities and rivalries.

Sens? I have 0 hate towards the sens. Bit of a boring team since breaking up the trio unless you follow them totally. Well karlsson was exciting for a bit there.

Top Bottom