• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

E. Kane, Subban, Jones, Subban.

Anyone who says I'm wrong is a racist.

image.php

Tabris

I guarantee you that Shea Weber would be a constant Norris trophy finalist if he was a non-loser team. Yes, NSH is in a playoff spot, but you know what I mean. It's a budget team and will always be a budget team.

Not sure about the dman, goalie, and prospect; but anybody who doesn't pick Sidney Crosby for the forward is either biased or trying to get too cute with their picks.

For me, I'd pick Crosby, Karlsson, and Lundqvist, and I'm not sure what a "prospect(already drafted)" is.

I'm worried about Crosby's injury history and all around bad luck. He's a fantastic player, sure, but I would be scared to build my team entirely around him.

Kane is a blast to watch and scores a ton. I'm not a fan of Toews or Ovechkin, and Stamkos isn't a Center I'd want to build around.

Prospects already drafted mean guys who have been drafted but haven't made it to the show full time yet or haven't yet played 65 games. Already drafted because otherwise everyone would choose McDavid. And rightfully so.

Installed Windows 8.1 after my finals. I hated my brief time with 8, for whatever reason 8.1 is not pissing me off this time around. Some of the UI is baffling me but it's alright I guess.

Heretic

Installed Windows 8.1 after my finals. I hated my brief time with 8, for whatever reason 8.1 is not pissing me off this time around. Some of the UI is baffling me but it's alright I guess.

Stay in desktop mode and you pretty much have Windows 7 with a beefed up engine.

24/7 was pretty good. There really weren't any personalities that stuck out like in years' past(Bryz, Boudreau, so on) but it was still a good episode overall.

I felt that they covered the Wings a bit more than the Leafs, though. Could be wrong but they could have showed more from them besides the Phaneuf and Lupul show. I mean, Kessel shou?d be fun to cover. Reimer was hardly mentioned. JVR and Kadri and Bolland should all be getting screen time but Nada.

Carlyle seems like a clueless oaf. Sorry if it offends anyone but he just seems...not intelligent.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Leafs / Red Wings have no good personalities whatsoever. Still love that it's back.

Speaking of ass:

Dat Alfie ass.
I'm glad this stood out for someone else and not just me :lol

Habs will never score more then 1 goal again.

pringles

24/7 was pretty good. There really weren't any personalities that stuck out like in years' past(Bryz, Boudreau, so on) but it was still a good episode overall.

I felt that they covered the Wings a bit more than the Leafs, though. Could be wrong but they could have showed more from them besides the Phaneuf and Lupul show. I mean, Kessel shou?d be fun to cover. Reimer was hardly mentioned. JVR and Kadri and Bolland should all be getting screen time but Nada.

Carlyle seems like a clueless oaf. Sorry if it offends anyone but he just seems...not intelligent.
Pretty sure it was a 50/50 split but atleast they gave significant time to two of the Leafs main stars. Only 6-month Wing Alfredsson got any time for Detroit. Sucks that Z is injured but they could still check in on his rehab process, talk to Emma to give Elisha some competition for the #1 trophy wife spot etc. If you only saw this episode you'd think Alfie or .. Weiss were the Wings star players. Not one word from Datsyuk is almost shameful considering he's the most interesting personality on the Wings roster. And guys like Tatar and Nyquist have been the biggest storyline for the Wings so it would be cool to maybe acknowledge their existance a bit more. But I hope this episode was just setting the stage and the next ones will delve more into behind-the-scenes machinations and so on.

Quick

Banned

Carlyle seems like the dad-type that wants to be funny, and is funny at times, but falls flat mostly. Either you can't hear the players, or that room was dead silent when he was goofing around trying to get his toast out of the toaster, and when he tried to shock the guy trying to get his toast out. I guess it's hard to laugh at/with a guy who seems to switch into a hardass the moment you hit practice.

There's still 3 episodes left, plenty of time to cover other guys. Really wasn't anything of note that happened, outside of Phaneuf's suspension and Lupul in general on the Leafs side. Once they focus on everyone else, and the Blackhawks victory on Saturday, it'll be more entertaining, I think.

Edit: Just checked out the first minute of episode 1 of the Flyers/Rangers series, and it starts off with Laviolette on a tirade. Good way to hook people in from the get go.

Tabris

I don't like your rules so I'll make up my own

<nerd> I just kobayashi maru'd your entire game! </nerd>

Man, you know what I am really hoping for with NHL revealed? I want to see this in primetime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMxJzdVYtXY

Edit: Just checked out the first minute of episode 1 of the Flyers/Rangers series, and it starts off with Laviolette on a tirade. Good way to hook people in from the get go.

Yeah, the last 2 seasons of 24/7 were much better than this so far. You had Crosby vs Ovechkin, Boudreau being Boudreau, Bryz's Universe, Torts freaking out, Lavouette freaking out, etc

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just watched the Canucks / Bruins highlights and I see Weber scored, the Bruins are the only team he scores against, he has like 4-5 goals against them.

Ps+ gives you free games, you have a ps4 so you obviously have plus. I would expect the release calendar to be pretty shitty though, indie stuff is what's on the horizon and you gotta buy a memory card.

3DS is alright, honestly I have little interest in many of Nintendo ip anymore, nor do I care for square or capcom detective games. I use them both infrequently but the 3ds moreso. I would recommend getting whichever has more software you want to play. For me that's the vita but it's a shit show either way imo

I got the vita for a NHL port and that still hasn't happened.. The show and fifa have been pretty entertaining for pick up and play though. I really don't play either of them anymore though.

Socreges

Banned
I can either get a 3DS or a Vita as a gift.

Convince me one way or another, NHL GAF
Unless you have no interest in Nintendo games* or RPGs, get a 3DS.

Vita's best games are ports. Depends on if you haven't played them before, but have wanted to. And how important it is to have these games be portable.

Tearaway looks very good, though, as long as its mechanics and physics aren't as shitty as LBP's.

* This doesn't actually make sense to me. They make such a diverse array of high quality games. The only thing they hold in common really is that there isn't much blood.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just watched the Canucks / Bruins highlights and I see Weber scored, the Bruins are the only team he scores against, he has like 4-5 goals against them.

He's played pretty well in the 2 games he's gotten since Edler's injury. Has 2 points in 2 games, too. Hope he continues his play, fuck Alberts.

3DS. do it. It has so many amazing games, even outside of Pokemon. Monster Hunter, SMTIV, FE, Bravely Default, Zelda, etcetc.

Acid08

Banned

3DS definitely has the better overall library, tons of great games and lots of variety.

The Vita's hardware is TONS better and it'll tie in with your PS4. PS+ benefits are solid, great games are up right now. Indie and downloadable games have a much stronger presence on the Vita. Some fun originals that really use the hardware well like Tearaway and Gravity Rush. Vita has P4G too which is the best game you could play on either platform.

Guys... I'm doing something stupid and I can't wait.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1562073

That mask is horrifying.

3DS definitely has the better overall library, tons of great games and lots of variety.

The Vita's hardware is TONS better and it'll tie in with your PS4. PS+ benefits are solid, great games are up right now. Indie and downloadable games have a much stronger presence on the Vita. Some fun originals that really use the hardware well like Tearaway and Gravity Rush. Vita has P4G too which is the best game you could play on either platform.

And now I'm somewhat wavering after leaning pretty far 3DS.

Every time you post this I can't help but picture you as some mentally disabled child repeatedly exclaiming that he knows which month it is

:lol :lol

Good, I'm not the only one thinking this.

:lol That raptor mask is fucked, you're going to scare all the children at the game. Red_Man approved.

Edit: Wait, you work for Gearbox? That's pretty cool, I wasn't aware of this.

Scare children as well? Then they will cry and I can recreate the Raptor Jesus gif.

Yes... yes.. All working as planned.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Watching 24/7 now. Sorry but the Red Wings have nobody that stands out with character :/ the Leafs kind of do...... But we need more Kessel/Bozak for that to stand out.

NHL Revealed is gonna be great. I hope they got the bench-rant against Boston somehow on it. Torts itself is gonna make that series amazing... And I might be a homer here, but Luongo/Kesler/Bieksa have enough personality themselves to make the series hilarious too.

Who do the Sens have? Karlsson's hairdresser needs to be in it, otherwise I'm not sure who has personality that makes it worthwhile watching on that team.

Imagine 24/7 with Leafs/Canucks. That'd be fun.

Wsox I see you made a thread. If I were getting it as a gift, I would definitely pick the vita because it's value is higher and you said you were ok with a 2ds which obviously is 70 bucks less. Just my two cents. I typically like being gifted things I wouldn't necessarily pay for myself.

RC

Banned
Wsox I see you made a thread. If I were getting it as a gift, I would definitely pick the vita because it's value is higher and you said you were ok with a 2ds which obviously is 70 bucks less. Just my two cents. I typically like being gifted things I wouldn't necessarily pay for myself.

You need to change your avatar.

Var

3DS > Vita. But if I were getting one as a gift I would take the Vita. You can buy yourself a 3DS for less later on. It has been sale a lot recently. Both are great.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've never seen so much positivity the morning after about a defenseman who in 5 minutes of play got badly burned while flat-footed on a long stretch pass, took a stupid high sticking penalty at a critical time in the third period, and got his ass kicked in a fight.

Not complaining, though.

Samyy

Vita has better hardware, interface, general OS is a lot better and obviously the screen. It has some goodggames, not only csn you go back to some of the PSP library but PS1 as well. Also having a bunch of games just downloaded on the system is nice, like over time I think I've collected all the older Persona games for 15 bucks. It has games, comes down to personal preference. Also cross buy and PS+ moving forward on your PS4.

As a fan of RPGs overall 3DS has a deeper library but Vita has the best RPG to come out in the last 10 years and access to P3, the 2nd best :p

In terms of other games in general I would say the 3DS wins. Also more games I'm looking forward to in the future are on 3DS, hardware is absolutely shit though.

Honestly just write down the games you want on each system and decide from there, can't go wrong with either really.

Top Bottom