• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
fuck you wsox

828330565.gif

fuck you Cowen

Hand-on-hand contact made Cowen lose his stick, not a slash

I'm sorry but that was an obvious slash.

Everytime I watch this, I can't understand wtf the refs were thinking. That's two penalties on one play by Brunner(the slash to knock his stick out of his hands, and then he hit the stick away from Cowen).

Not that it was gonna make a difference anyways -_-

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm sorry but that was an obvious slash.

Everytime I watch this, I can't understand wtf the refs were thinking. That's two penalties on one play by Brunner(the slash to knock his stick out of his hands, and then he hit the stick away from Cowen).

Not that it was gonna make a difference anyways -_-

Not a slash. It was hand-to-hand contact and not even a strong one at that. Cowen just didn't hold his stick well.

And he didn't "hit the stick away from him", he tried to get his own stick free :lol

GSG Flash

Not a slash. It was hand-to-hand contact and not even a strong one at that. Cowen just didn't hold his stick well.

And he didn't "hit the stick away from him", he tried to get his own stick free :lol

First time seeing that angle, fair enough on the non slash. I still think hitting his stick away from him could have been a penalty, I've seen players called for that numerous times.

FWIW, Pierre McGuire thought it was a penalty too this morning on the radio.

Edit: Also, Cowen needs to get demoted to the AHL, he sucks

Osorio

It's ridiculous that TSN didn't show the reverse angle. When I saw the commotiom on HFBoards I was like, wtf? How stubborn can these Sens fans be? Then I found out TSN didn't show the angle where it's clearly not slashing.

I feel that Devils hate TSN

Cake Boss

Banned
Fucking dumbass, scratches our best defender as a 7th dman and plays our shitty 3rd line more than our top line.

Colin Fucking Greening is getting more ice time than our leading scorer Ryan.

Var

Fucking dumbass, scratches our best defender as a 7th dman and plays our shitty 3rd line more than our top line.

Colin Fucking Greening is getting more ice time than our leading scorer Ryan.

I need him to keep this up. Motivate Bobby to come home.

Maclean not on the ice for practise.

Please be fired
Please be fired

Please be fired

Please be fired

yeah it's the coach's fault that the dumbfuck captain doesn't give a shit and neither does most of the team.

You can put another coach in there and it will be the same story in a year or two.

Smiley90

Var, wtf is Philly doing

Here are some facts:

1. Schenn: "I really don't remember much of the play at all." (via the Daily News)

2. The Flyers, for some reason, did not give Schenn a concussion baseline test, despite the fact that his head too the entire brunt of the impact against the boards.

3. Schenn says he feels fine -- he's had a concussion before and he doesn't have the same headaches or symptoms.

4. "The signs and symptoms of a concussion can be subtle and may not be immediately apparent."

5. Schenn will play tonight -- 48 hours after suffering this hit -- against the Blue Jackets.

6. Bill Daly, the NHL's deputy commissioner, said this less than a month ago: "We are completely satisfied with the responsible manner in which the League and the Players' Association have managed player safety over time, including with respect to head injuries and concussions."

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/12/19/5227614/brayden-schenn-injury-concussion-nhl

No concussion test for Schenn? he doesn't remember the play? he's playing again? way to risk ruining someone's career oO

It was like Umbi/Espe but 3947292 times worse.

Affection is easy.

1. Assuming you have tons of puffs, feed it 5 4-5 heart puffs. When the chewing slows down stop feeding it.
2. Play 2-3 Head It on hard. Once you get used to it it's an easy 4 stars every minute.
3. Pet it until it stops giving off hearts.
4. Go to step 1. After feeding you should have one affection level.

You don't need to max affection for Sylveon I think. I found friendliness harder since massage is once per day.

For GTS, always request never seek. Breed a ton of dragons and you can get anything.

No concussion test for Schenn? he doesn't remember the play? he's playing again? way to risk ruining someone's career oO

The Flyer's medical staff are expert virologists. They are not to be questioned.

If they didn't actually do any tests, someone should be fired. I doubt we'd ever see a real team source saying, "Nah, we didn't do that," though. The article you had quoted just linked back to a Seravalli article though. Has anyone seen an official source?

edit: Guess it was from an interview with Schenn? I'd lean towards faulty reporting over incompetence, but maybe that's just me hoping.

Smiley90

The Flyer's medical staff are expert virologists. They are not to be questioned.

If they didn't actually do any tests, someone should be fired. I doubt we'd ever see a real team source saying, "Nah, we didn't do that," though. The article you had quoted just linked back to a Seravalli article though. Has anyone seen an official source?

edit: Guess it was from an interview with Schenn? I'd lean towards faulty reporting over incompetence, but maybe that's just me hoping.

I have some bad news for you...

"Holmgren said doctors examined Schenn in the dressing room and did not administer a concussion test based on their exam and how Schenn said he was feeling."

EDIT:

steamsale.jpg

Smiley90

No coal/lottery/decent minigame again. Sigh. Steam sales have been disappointing for years now. :( Why did they abandon the minigames? I remember when we had coal and then summer camp tickets right after each other... that's when the sales were amazing. :(

Its the coaches fault that Bobby Ryan is getting 6 seconds of ice time on the fucking powerplay.

Yeah whatever CB. Clearly more PP time for Bobby Ryan is what will fix everything.

You're not seeing the forest for the trees. This team doesn't even show up most of the time. They're outscored 33-13 (or something) in the first 5 minutes of every period.

Our loser of a captain does not give a shit so neither does most of the rest of the team. Why should they play hard if he doesn't? How does it feel when your "captain" calls out the team when he's the laziest sack of shit on the ice wearing a Sens jersey?

Whose job is to motivate everyone before a game? When they're down a goal or two because of a BS penalty call? Do you see him even TRYING to make a difference out there?

Give me a fucking break, how many fucking coaches do they have to go through in Ottawa?

Spezza is more interested in screwing ho's at the Cabin than playing to make the playoffs. I guess that's filtered down to Karlsson since he's already getting divorced.

No coal/lottery/decent minigame again. Sigh. Steam sales have been disappointing for years now. :( Why did they abandon the minigames? I remember when we had coal and then summer camp tickets right after each other... that's when the sales were amazing. :(

Too much abuse maybe? With the coal people were making multiple accounts to farm, grabbing all the good stuff early.

Seems like it's trading cards for everything now.

GSG Flash

Spezza is more interested in screwing ho's at the Cabin than playing to make the playoffs. I guess that's filtered down to Karlsson since he's already getting divorced.

Wait... what? Do you have a link for that?

Also, I think you're being too hard on Spezza.

I agree that he needs to play better, but there is a number of players on this team who need a good ass kicking before Speeza

fallout

To add to Lone_Prodigy's thoughts, could also be that the level of effort required didn't result in a participation level high enough to justify continuing to do it.

Quick

Banned
Ran through a bit of Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2, Episode 1.

This game is making me even sadder. God damn.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah whatever CB. Clearly more PP time for Bobby Ryan is what will fix everything.

You're not seeing the forest for the trees. This team doesn't even show up most of the time. They're outscored 33-13 (or something) in the first 5 minutes of every period.

Our loser of a captain does not give a shit so neither does most of the rest of the team. Why should they play hard if he doesn't? How does it feel when your "captain" calls out the team when he's the laziest sack of shit on the ice wearing a Sens jersey?

Whose job is to motivate everyone before a game? When they're down a goal or two because of a BS penalty call? Do you see him even TRYING to make a difference out there?

Give me a fucking break, how many fucking coaches do they have to go through in Ottawa?

Yaaaayyy Kernal is on the Spezza hate crowd. Welcome to the dark side my friend, we have beenexpecting you.

Been saying it for 4 years now, this team will never win anything as Spezza as one of the core players. Hes just a fantasy league player. Thats it, hurts the team more than he helps.

Finally Kernal is on the Trade Spezza crowd.

Smiley90

no kidding

today's amazon deals: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1t8ht1/amazon_digital_holiday_sale_has_arrived_2_aliens/

All amazon deals with dates and prices: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/wiki/stores/amazon/holidaysale

edit: all the steam sales, not just the ones on the front page: http://steamdb.info/sales/?displayOnly=Game&category=0&cc=us

Amazon is also price-matching all steam sales as they go up.

Was reading TSN. Penguins are missing Letang, Orpik, Martin, Scuderi, and Engelland and they still won last night. That's like an entire defence corps.

Var

Was reading TSN. Penguins are missing Letang, Orpik, Martin, Scuderi, and Engelland and they still won last night. That's like an entire defence corps.

Yeah, pretty impressive really. I look forward to them being upset in the playoffs despite having the most talented team in the league.

Top Bottom