• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Razorskin

----- ------
I quote

"When did Kave get here, I haven't been mugged yet"

8IRTXwu.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, looks like NHL.com gave the goal back to Zuccarello again. It had said Zuccarello from Nash (for some reason), then was changed to Girardi unassisted (for some reason), and now it's back to Zuccarello from Girardi and Nash.

Marvie_3

Banned
Blackhawks win! Fun game to watch. Both teams had a lot of good chances. Chicago actually showed up and played tonight which was nice.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Staal just had a controller disconnected moment. Nobody noticed because the Oilers are garbage.

EDIT: Looks like the goal has finally officially been changed. Girardi from Nash and Zuccarello.

They played really well tonight. Just couldn't get the puck in the net.

That's the story of our last few games, 8 goals in 5 games. I knew this would happen when our guys got off IR, didn't think it would take this long. Gaudreaus blowout and the defense going to deep on that play cost the game. They've been scrambling a bit, sucks to drop five though. We're beyond the lottery now, I hope we make the playoffs so the kids get some experience, don't have any aspirations of a lengthy run personally.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I could have sworn that was in, too, Sam. WTF happened there?

Ah, because Scrivens hit the post which made the net shake.

zroid

Banned
This sort of tells the story of the loilers where traditional fancystats can't:

B43lEaZIEAAU64K.png

They are OK at controlling play but their offence is still anemic because they suck at creating space in the slot

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This sort of tells the story of the loilers where traditional fancystats can't:

B43lEaZIEAAU64K.png

They are OK at controlling play but their offence is still anemic because they suck at creating space in the slot

How did they get a shot from out in the stands along the goalline?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We really look like we couldn't give even the slightest of shits about this game.

12 minutes into the third period, one shot on goal. 16 in the game.

And we're OUTSHOOTING Edmonton.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Schultz nearly put that in his own net.

We're the worst empty net team. Let's see if the Oilers can pull off some bullshit because of it.

EDIT: An actual empty net goal! Good work, Hags.

Yawnier

Banned
Oilers can't even beat eastern conference teams anymore like they were earlier on in the season

...At least McDavid will get to play in his home country!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing about this game is that it's over.

At least Hank got his shutout a day late.

EDIT: LOL at this post-game interview with Hank.

Giannone: "Were there saves that you thought were big moments in this game?"
Lundqvist: *laughs* "Did YOU see any?!"

No fucks given confirmed. Poor Edmonton.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Takes 2 hours to go Big Bear. If your passengers are all napping it's no fun

No other way to get there though.

Holy cow, Denver to Maryland?

I used to make that trip once a month on average with my grandparents while growing up. If you take the back way, it's 2.5 hours but you get to stop at In-N-Out on the way...

I used to make that trip once a month on average with my grandparents while growing up. If you take the back way, it's 2.5 hours but you get to stop at In-N-Out on the way...

Double double animal style with animal style fries. Chilies on the side and some strawberry lemonade is a pretty good meal.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Double double animal style with animal style fries. Chilies on the side and some strawberry lemonade is a pretty good meal.

Yup. That was back when In-N-Out wasn't quite as prolific as it is today. My grandpa always called it "the club," and our trips to Big Bear were pretty much the only times we would get it.

May he rest in peace. At his house in Huntington Harbour where he is alive and well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

keezy

In a deep fantasy league consisting of 16 people...

So far this is my 2nd loss since my goalies haven't hit 4 starts. I should be 7-1-1 but I'm 5-3-1...
-Varlamov (lol)
-Raanta
-Ramo
-Emery
-Talbot

Left a comment on the boards about getting a starting goalie.

Got a trade proposition, Ondrej Pavelec for Jeff Carter.

Worth it? Seems like Hutchinson could get the #1 spot on the depth chart.

The best thing about this game is that it's over.

At least Hank got his shutout a day late.

EDIT: LOL at this post-game interview with Hank.

Giannone: "Were there saves that you thought were big moments in this game?"
Lundqvist: *laughs* "Did YOU see any?!"

No fucks given confirmed. Poor Edmonton.

LOL damn. Edmonton sucks more than usual this year, what a shame.

I was looking to buy some tickets to the Minnesota Wild for while in Minnesota at XMAS.

Holy shit are Minnesota Wild tickets expensive. Don't try to take hockey away from Minnesota, that has got to be a profitable place for a team.

Sharks tickets suddenly look cheap.

Wild tickets have almost doubled in price in the last few years. Once Fletcher took over they started going up.

09/10 my dad got lower bowl seats seven rows up in the corner for $75 each.

Those same tickets are $135 each now.

Student ticket prices used to be $30 each. Now they're $45.

And no, the team was not profitable last year. Mainly because Suter and Parise had a combined ~$20 million in bonuses. I think they nearly broke even because of the playoffs, but not quite. This year their bonuses are only like $10 million so they should profit this year.

Top Bottom