• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

zroid

Banned
This is interesting. How good is a team at even strength (CF%) after winning and losing faceoffs in the O and D zones, and in "open play"

B44g3x7CcAAHlfs.png:large

Anaheim in particular raises some eyebrows

Phantom charge from Xbox on my debit card that I didn't make, didn't get an email about and isn't in my billing history on the account itself. Sure hope today isn't going to be a cancel my debit card kinda day.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I missed all hockeys from the 10th till today. Anything good happen? Did we trade McDavid for Parenteau yet?

Habs-Queens was hilarious.

Shots were something like 45-15 and the final score was 2-6

(habs won)

:lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I got to see and touch the cup you guys :')

Inb4 "lol as a Canucks fan that'll be the only time you get to"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
As per @mimicohero on twitter:

B46QMrtCQAAYAcl.png:large

Better CF/60 with worse wingers and more defensive zone starts.
gotdamn dat #1 C

Holy shit we need to trade him right now is what the idiots are saying right now I'm sure.

Also I apologize I got bored and went to HFboards for the first time in months...I ended up in a Kessel thread where they are legitimately arguing that Kessel needs to be traded because his stick should and will be deemed illegal due to it's unfair advantage.

Also saw something about Chara should have his stick shortened as well due to unfair advantage...

Darren Dreger verified
Eakins has the remainder of this season, plus two more remaining on contracts. Sounds like MacTavish may return to bench on interim basis.
Darren Dreger verified
Confirming MacTavish returns to bench on interim basis. Replacing Eakins who was fired this morning.

:lol :lol :lol

Razorskin

----- ------
Holy shit we need to trade him right now is what the idiots are saying right now I'm sure.

Also I apologize I got bored and went to HFboards for the first time in months...I ended up in a Kessel thread where they are legitimately arguing that Kessel needs to be traded because his stick should and will be deemed illegal due to it's unfair advantage.

Also saw something about Chara should have his stick shortened as well due to unfair advantage...

A hackey stick made of chocolate

calder

Eakins is probably so happy right now.

At worst, mixed feelings.

Sure this debacle really hurts his career for a while (no chance he gets another NHL head coaching offer before he goes back to AHL/jr/somewhere else for a few years) but the feeling of relief to not have to watch that shitty, shitty team anymore must be overwhelming.

It's a shame though, coaches, especially younger ones or guys without a lot of NHL time, can't just kick back and work part time for TSN for a couple of years while still getting paid by their former team. They need to get back into a coaching/front office gig ASAP or run the risk of being forgotten.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Question for those in Edmonton. Are the writers not even pointing the finger at management in any way?

It seems like everyone keeps pointing the finger at coaching but never at Lowe or MacT despite how inept they've been.

Remember when I said that Crosby didn't visit the Children's hospital but the others might have already been infected?

Dave Molinari
‏@MolinariPG
Rutherford says Beau Bennett has symptoms of mumps. Tests due back Tuesday.

Dave Molinari
‏@MolinariPG
Rutherford confirms that Beau Bennett was one of the players who visited Children's Hospital last week.

Also, they play Tampa tonight.

Question for those in Edmonton. Are the writers not even pointing the finger at management in any way?

It seems like everyone keeps pointing the finger at coaching but never at Lowe or MacT despite how inept they've been.

Well MacT hasn't been on the job very long, and until this season it seemed like he had done quite well with some of his trades (Paajarvi for Perron, grabbing Scrivens and Fasth who looked good last year). Nobody really knows what Lowe does so it's harder to criticize his role.

Tambellini left such a mess that even a good GM would probably take years to sort out this disaster. But yes the media has pointed the finger at everyone, including Katz:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/12/01/jones-fire-the-oilers-owner

Top Bottom