• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Razorskin

----- ------
ykrr9Jd.jpg

You guys see this?
Nyquist and Datsyuk score pretty much the same goal on Luongo 11 years apart.

Yeah I posted it.

Cake Boss

Banned
Kypreos saying that they have brought up their AHL coach as an assistant and they expect him to take over at the end of the season.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Every time I see Patrick Roy, I am reminded of the time in the late 90's when he skated out for warmups at the Pond and just kept going full speed off the bench, slammed into the wall on the opposite side, dropped like a sack of bricks, and missed the game after having to be carted off the ice. I have no idea why that happened, but I'll be god damned if it wasn't one of the best hockey-related moments of my life.

Every time I see Patrick Roy, I am reminded of the time in the late 90's when he skated out for warmups at the Pond and just kept going full speed off the bench, slammed into the wall on the opposite side, dropped like a sack of bricks, and missed the game after having to be carted off the ice. I have no idea why that happened, but I'll be god damned if it wasn't one of the best hockey-related moments of my life.

:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Realistically, I don't think there was much of a choice but to fire Eakins. The team I saw last night simply did not give a shit about playing hockey.

Granted, pretty much everybody above Eakins should have gone too. That entire organization is just a complete clusterfuck.

Realistically, I don't think there was much of a choice but to fire Eakins. The team I saw last night simply did not give a shit about playing hockey.

Granted, pretty much everybody above Eakins should have gone too. That entire organization is just a complete clusterfuck.

It's really a shame too... Maybe the oilers do need McJesus.

This is my feeling as well. I have nothing against Eakins and most of the team's problems don't seem to be his fault, but they've clearly stopped giving a shit about playing for themselves, each other, and especially their coach.

Had to be done.

This team is rotten to the very core, from the losing culture in the room to the old boys club up top. It's going to be up to Katz to clean house from top down and I don't think he'll ever do it.

Jinaar

Question for those in Edmonton. Are the writers not even pointing the finger at management in any way?

It seems like everyone keeps pointing the finger at coaching but never at Lowe or MacT despite how inept they've been.

On CBC radio they had the Chief Entertainment Manager on I believe here in Edmonton and he explained that there has been too much change recently in the organization and that things should stay the same, even though the same people have been in charge for over 15 years in some form or another (Change in the form that 2 people keep getting promoted)

The problem with that situation is that every fan will tell you here, when you promote idiots from all positions upwards with only some riots to show for it (2006), something else has to change. IE: Fire the old boys club:

CRAIG MCTAVISH
1999-2000: Assistant Coach
2000-2009: Coach
2012: Senior VP of Hockey Operations
2013: GM

KEVIN LOWE
1998: Assistant Coach
1999-2000: Coach
2000-2008: GM
2008-Forever: President of Hockey Operations

(The best I can do with limited time)

Why does he randomly wink?

He's just letting us know that the losing is all a plan to tank for McDavid.

Edit: Damn, pulled from HF Boards on Voynov police report.

Nathan Fenno ‏@nathanfenno 5m5 minutes ago

Officer: Voynov pushed wife to ground multiple times, kicked her repeatedly while on ground, chocked her three times.

Nathan Fenno ‏@nathanfenno 6m6 minutes ago

Officer says Voynov's wife said he struck her in the face with his fist. #Kings #NHL

EDIT:
Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno · 2m 2 minutes ago

I can only catch quick glimpses of photos of the injuries to Voynov's wife. Lots of blood.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What a bunch of dumb shits. Oh, sure. It's the fucking coach's fault. How many coaches have been there now? Terrible organization.

Come back and lead the Marlies, Eakins!

If the Oilers had lost to the Sharks last week Eakins could've been fired earlier.

And yes, their problems are systemic. Sure, their roster from 2006 has been completely overhauled. But all they've done is replace a roster from a losing team with a new roster from a losing team. Different players, same results.

Heck, the Oilers are one of the youngest teams in the league and they're already stale and tired.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
He's just letting us know that the losing is all a plan to tank for McDavid.

Edit: Damn, pulled from HF Boards on Voynov police report.

Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno ·
Officer: Voynov pushed her into flat-screen TV where she cut her face.

Officer: Voynov's wife required eight stitches to close wound above left eye.

At Voynov's home, the officer noted blood all over bedroom, including covering comforter and a bloody handprint on floor.

Officer: "There's bruising, red marks, scratches on the victim's neck."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dan Bylsma maybe?

Bylsma did alright with three young high draft picks developing into stars before. Maybe he can do it again.
There's a massive difference between the caliber of players that Malkin / Crosby / Letang / Fleury are than Hall / RNH / Yakupov / Schultz

Solo

Not to mention that the Cup winning Pens team was the Cup losing Pens team from the year before under Therrien. Byslma wasn't Jesus turning water into wine there.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I hope Voynov never plays hockey again anywhere in the world, this asshole deserves too be behind bars for a very long time.

There's a massive difference between the caliber of players that Malkin / Crosby / Letang / Fleury are than Hall / RNH / Yakupov / Schultz

Oh yeah I agree. I was just trying to look at it from Edmonton's perspective. Who succeeded with young talent before? Bylsma.

You can argue that the players did more for the team's cup win than Bylsma or that they were already a good team when Bylsma came in (like Solo did above), but he certainly enjoyed success while coaching those guys. And he did okay at the Olympics.

Edmonton could do worse. But they're promoting their AHL guy so my guess was wrong anyway.

Top Bottom