• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Sanjuro

pretty sure voynov will not be playing in the NHL ever again

I hope Voynov never plays hockey again anywhere in the world, this asshole deserves too be behind bars for a very long time.

Kind of interesting how it plays out.

I think him not having much clout at the NHL level kind of rules out any desire for another team to take the risk on him. The only thing I'm curious about his how his contract with the Kings will be effected.

I'm sure he'll end up somewhere outside the NHL though.

zroid

Banned
Apparently there is a clause in the CBA allowing outright termination of contracts without cap penalties for appropriate circumstances (breach of player conduct, etc.)

I imagine this is one of them, but maybe not unless he's convicted. Until then will probably just be a suspension without pay.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Apparently there is a clause in the CBA allowing outright termination of contracts without cap penalties for extenuating circumstances (breach of player conduct, etc.)

I imagine this is one of them, but maybe not unless he's convicted. Until then will probably just be a suspension without pay.

Yeah I doubt that they can do it without a conviction for obvious reasons. I expect a suspension without pay until the conviction comes down. It's really not fair to force a team to take a cap hit on a player that isn't allowed to play... even if he were hypothetically innocent, he could be at trial for a year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully he never plays in any professional league again. I'm not naive in believing that will happen, but this piece of shit doesn't deserve to step on the ice again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Unless he gets tossed in jail somewhere, you all know Voynov will be raking in millions in the KHL this time next year.

Curufinwe

Kings can have Coburn for their 1st at the deadline if the Flyers are out of it. if Voynov goes to jail or gets deported then his contact should be terminated with no cap penalties.

Acid08

Banned
Fuck Voynov. Kings org is such trash for even attempting to circumvent his suspension.

Will be interesting to see who replaces Eakins. Guessing Paulrus or internal, it's slim pickings out there for coaches.

Red_Man

It brings me such joy to see the "Paulrus" nickname still sticking after all this time.

hao chi

Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno ·
Officer: Voynov pushed her into flat-screen TV where she cut her face.

Officer: Voynov's wife required eight stitches to close wound above left eye.

At Voynov's home, the officer noted blood all over bedroom, including covering comforter and a bloody handprint on floor.

Officer: "There's bruising, red marks, scratches on the victim's neck."

Holy shit. I had no idea it was that bad.

Props to the DA for not letting this get swept under the rug due to him being a professional athlete.

Officer: Voynov pushed her into flat-screen TV where she cut her face.

Officer: Voynov's wife required eight stitches to close wound above left eye.

At Voynov's home, the officer noted blood all over bedroom, including covering comforter and a bloody handprint on floor.

Officer: "There's bruising, red marks, scratches on the victim's neck."

What the fucking fuck dude. He better do quite a bit of jail time. What the fuck LA? Fuck.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
They should have never fired Renney or Krueger.
Krueger was slowly turning them around before they canned him. I don't even think Babcock could save this pile now.
Dave Feschuk just called Taylor Hall a 2nd liner...

wtfisthisshit.gif
Feschuk is an idiot. Hall is arguably one of the best LW in the league (offensively at least).

I still maintain the core group along with management have done a poor job and they are the ones that should take the blame. When you got 5 fucking coaches in 5 years, it's not a coaching issue especially when Quinn, Renney, and Krueger were there. Eakins may have bitten off more than he can chew with the locker room there filled with entitled petulant children who don't know what defense is though.

With MacT in now, it may be his head on the line if he can't right this ship. If he can't coach and can't be a GM, what is he and Lowe good for?

Red_Man

Dreger just said he expects Hall to be in play between now and the deadline and that he's not willing to adapt.

Oooooh boy. And here we go.

Red_Man

Not willing to adapt to being last place every year?
He seems to be implying he's difficult to coach, but you can't blame the kid for being frustrated with all the shit he's had to go through. Meanwhile Seguin has a ring and is living the life in Dallas.

He seems to be implying he's difficult to coach, but you can't blame the kid for being frustrated with all the shit he's had to go through. Meanwhile Seguin has a ring and is living the life in Dallas.

Only player in history to be named Memorial Cup MVP twice.

Goes to the Oilers :lol

Cake Boss

Banned
Dreger just said he expects Hall to be in play between now and the deadline and that he's not willing to adapt.

Oooooh boy. And here we go.

iQWdm743v9Wi8.gif

Philips + Michalek + Zack Smith + Chris Neil + Dallas 2nd rounder.

All the vets you need Shitmonton

Merguson

Banned
The Leafs will offer David Clarkson.

It was a struggle at first, I admit that, but you can't deny the impact that David Clarkson has had on the culture of the Leafs.

Now the Oilers have one-in-a-life-time opportunity to acquire Clarkson and change the culture of the team forever. Not to mention, they'll get him at a discount compared to their original offer for him. That's a steal!

EDIT: But wait! There's more!

Tyler Bozak is included in the package at absolutely no cost for a limited time until Dec. 19th. Call 1-800-TML-NONIS to take advantage of this offer!

Red_Man

It's hard to believe they would take anything less than a top D for Hall, and I don't know any team that would trade a young #1/#2 D for a winger.

zroid

Banned
Not sure if this is news but Sportsnet will be airing the 24/7 type thing this season called "Road to the Winter Classic" (Hawks/Caps) and "Road to the Stadium Series" (Kings/Sharks). Four episodes each.

Road to the Winter Classic ep 1 airs tomorrow at 10 ET

Cake Boss

Banned
It's hard to believe they would take anything less than a top D for Hall, and I don't know any team that would trade a young #1/#2 D for a winger.

Not to mention that those #1/#2 D are probably already on their 2nd contract with a NTC, who will for sure waive it no to go to that gong show.

They have to settle for a youngish 3-4 dman plus some parts.

Top Bottom