• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'd move anyone except for Subban, AGally and Price to get him. If he actually becomes available, that bidding war will get ridiculous.

It's hard to believe they would take anything less than a top D for Hall, and I don't know any team that would trade a young #1/#2 D for a winger.

You drive a hard bargain

Matt Finn for Taylor Hall straight up seems fair.

Oh wait we'll also throw in a third rounder to sweeten the pot.

Man, fuck the Kings for breaking the rules and letting Voynov practice with the team to show "solidarity".

What a scumbag organization. There is no way they didn't already see or know about a good amount of that evidence and testimony. They should be forced to eat Voynov's caphit until that contract expires.

yyzjohn

Banned
As much as I shit on the Leafs at least we're not the Oilers.
Big difference in the grand scheme of things when they both miss the playoffs. Having the Leafs in a good spot in December doesn't male me feel any better about the team if they fucking collapse again like last year. At least Oilers can dream of McDavid.

Samyy

Big difference in the grand scheme of things when they both miss the playoffs. Having the Leafs in a good spot in December doesn't male me feel any better about the team if they fucking collapse again like last year. At least Oilers can dream of McDavid.

McDavid is a bandage on a much larger issue.
The fact is they can draft McDavid or Eichel or whoever they want but having 1 or 2 star players on a team full of scrubs means shit all, look at the Islanders with Tavares and the Lightning with Stamkos.

I owe a lot of the Islanders recent success because of their younger players now stepping into the team to take on big roles, same with Tampa where you have a guy like Hedman, Bishop and some great young forwards to supplement the star.

You can't win with one or two star players and until the Oilers figure out how to draft beyond the 1st round, and properly develop their players - they are going no where.\

At least with the Leafs you can look back and see that they've had success drafting across multiple rounds and the process and thinking here has really changed in the last year, which is exactly what needs to happen in Edmonton.

zroid

Banned
The Oilers are pathetic, but at least they aren't the 76ers?

untitledozxez.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
McDavid is a bandage on a much larger issue.
The fact is they can draft McDavid or Eichel or whoever they want but having 1 or 2 star players on a team full of scrubs means shit all, look at the Islanders with Tavares and the Lightning with Stamkos.

I owe a lot of the Islanders recent success because of their younger players now stepping into the team to take on big roles, same with Tampa where you have a guy like Hedman, Bishop and some great young forwards to supplement the star.

You can't win with one or two star players and until the Oilers figure out how to draft beyond the 1st round, and properly develop their players - they are going no where.

At least with the Leafs you can look back and see that they've had success drafting across multiple rounds and the process and thinking here has really changed in the last year, which is exactly what needs to happen in Edmonton.
Samyy, first, I AM DISAPPOINT! :<
Second, I wonder if they had taken a D instead Yuckapov, they'd be in a better position? Hockey futures claims they have great depth at D...sure as shit don't play it.
They really do need a leader in there with enough influence to force those core players to play better. There's nobody there except for jersey throwing fans to support them.

Personally, I would've traded down for some roster players and mid round picks. And also snipe Boychuk, Leddy, Grabovski, and Kulemin. Hell, grab Stralman as well. They'd be a much better team than they are now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Edmonton is probably going to throw a lot of money at Franson. Dellow will push for him. Need to lock that down.
I still hope we can make some trades and free up space for him.

With his better play, we don't really need Robidas...

Either way, he deserves a pay day after the Leafs locked heads with him over contract money the past few years. Dude is a big Leaf fan and to see the way this org and some fans treat you...man...

Yawnier

Banned
So apparently we will have a little under $20M in cap space in the off-season?

I have to imagine Kadri and Bernier new contracts will eat up a huge chunk of that, which doesn't leave a whole lot of room for Franson. I'm really not a fan of signing Franson at $5M per. Might be able to resign one of Winnik or Santorelli for 2 - 3 years and thus, we will be nothing more than a fringe playoff team once again pushed up against the cap yet another year, barring any major moves. Pathetic.

zroid

Banned

I have to imagine Kadri and Bernier new contracts will eat up a huge chunk of that, which doesn't leave a whole lot of room for Franson. I'm really not a fan of signing Franson at $5M per. Might be able to resign one of Winnik or Santorelli for 2 - 3 years and thus, we will be nothing more than a fringe playoff team once again pushed up against the cap yet another year, barring any major moves. Pathetic.

Lupul has to go to be honest

HOPEFULLY they move Bozak as well but you know how Nonis is in love with him

Also Franson is a bargain for $5 mil. He will get much more than that in free agency, he is a fancystats darling.

Lupul has to go to be honest

HOPEFULLY they move Bozak as well but you know how Nonis is in love with him

Ec41fzc.jpg

oMsJ9hC.jpg

fASgAxf.gif

Yikes, this is as empty as I've seen the arena in a long time.

Probably a bunch of people in Ottawa pissed they bought cheap tickets for a game in like February that is in December all of a sudden.

It is funny that it only looks slightly fuller than the game that took place during the snowstorm that they didn't cancel.

I seriously hope if McJesus lands on the Oilers he does a Lindros and just never reports to them.

Nobody would fault him for doing so.

Every time I see Patrick Roy, I am reminded of the time in the late 90's when he skated out for warmups at the Pond and just kept going full speed off the bench, slammed into the wall on the opposite side, dropped like a sack of bricks, and missed the game after having to be carted off the ice. I have no idea why that happened, but I'll be god damned if it wasn't one of the best hockey-related moments of my life.

Holy shit.

I feel sick.

Ducks recalled Bryz.. omg is he gonna play tomorrow??? PLEASE!!

Barbara is going back to Norfolk, Bryz is up and staying.

Shades of 2007.

Top Bottom