• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

ZeroGravity

Dominated that period, glad they managed to get something out of it with the luck they've had lately.

Maybe Cooper will smarten up and put Drouin on the first PP where he should be.

zroid

Banned
lol:

PwYjO7I.png

Spl1nter

Lupul has to go to be honest

HOPEFULLY they move Bozak as well but you know how Nonis is in love with him

Also Franson is a bargain for $5 mil. He will get much more than that in free agency, he is a fancystats darling.

It doesnt make sense to move Bozak unless it is a favourable trade. $4.2 million is not a lot for a center playing in your top 6.

zroid

Banned
It doesnt make sense to move Bozak unless it is a favourable trade. $4.2 million is not a lot for a center playing in your top 6.
is he playing in the top 6? sorry I hadn't noticed, since his line has been our worst line for the better part of the year.

his inflated production this year which is mostly on special teams will probably make him a more valuable trade piece than he will ever be for the rest of his career. he needs to be moved. certainly for a good return, but we will probably get that now. hopefully he keeps putting up points though.

Spl1nter

Holland or Santa can be no. 2. .

This has been the biggest issue with the leafs. You can't just hope either of these players can be a no.2 center. All of sudden you get an injury and your depth is atrocious. You move players who are better on the wings to center, just a mess.

Santorelli is better at winger. His speed and cutbacks are suited more for the wing.

zroid

Banned
This has been the biggest issue with the leafs. You can't just hope either of these players can be a no.2 center. All of sudden you get an injury and your depth is atrocious. You move players who are better on the wings to center, just a mess.

Santorelli is better at winger. His speed and cutbacks are suited more for the wing.

Nylander might be able to slot into 3C next year. Holland will be fine at 2C. Komarov can also play 3C. Regardless of centre depth, cap room is a more pressing issue. Losing any of Kadri, Bernier, Santorelli, Winnik, or Franson would make this a worse team than losing Bozak IMO.

(I agree with you about Santorelli on wing btw, although ironically I'd say he's still better at C than Bozak lol)

Keep Bozak, Santo, Kadri, Holland and Franson. I like them all. Get rid of Gardiner and Booth.

Furthermore, poor Eakins. He got the boot because of an awful team filled with high draft picks that have yet to reach their potential or prove their draft position worth.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dreger said:
Hall trade could be considered to change culture and acquire much needed assets. I'm surprised this has generated such a reaction. Oilers need help in so many areas. Everything must be considered.
What a penis, yes, saying one of the best LWers in the game could be moved isn't going to generate any discussion at all. Nope.

Damn Red man gettin after it.

Surprised they want to dump Hall out of the three. Yak isn't worth as much as he should but RNH could provide a decent amount.

Red_Man

Damn Red man gettin after it.

Surprised they want to dump Hall out of the three. Yak isn't worth as much as he should but RNH could provide a decent amount.
RNH seems to be the one they don't want to move at all, they need the center position covered.

Red_Man

Is it that the just dance one? Ugh yeah it's pretty bad
Nah, the one where the juiced up army guy races with some guy in a suit for COD with some awful EBGames actor pretending to sell it to them. The whole thing was just cringe worthy.

Red_Man

You haven't paid enough attention to the creatures known as oilers fans that lurk HFboards
The only thing I check on Hfboards are AHL / Prospect updates for the Habs. I learned a long time ago if I value my brain cells to not venture onto the main board or any other boards.

Top Bottom