• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The only thing I check on Hfboards are AHL / Prospect updates for the Habs. I learned a long time ago if I value my brain cells to not venture onto the main board or any other boards.

I went to the proposals area... edmonton fans want the following for hall from toronto

Kessel+
JVR+Rielly
JVR+ franson (signed) +
JVR, Kadri, Bernier and a first

With proposals like that, you can easily see why there'd be that much reaction lol

I went to the proposals area... edmonton fans want the following for hall from toronto

Kessel+
JVR+Rielly
JVR+ franson (signed) +

With proposals like that, you can easily see why there'd be that much reaction lol

FUCK that

Edmonton fans are delusional. There's no way Hall's worth any of those guys at the moment. They should've taken Seguin instead.

Kessel+
JVR+Rielly
JVR+ franson (signed) +

Im scared to see what the Habs side look like.

DopeyFish

yeah but I'd take him lol

I'd do JVR+Gardiner for Hall

Yeah, the rielly was a counter to gardiner.... i'd say make it JVR, Gardiner and Clarkson.

I prefer JVR to Hall because JVR plays a pretty good role as a PF... hall not as much. I think hall makes more than JVR too

Lmaooooo Hall isnt worth JVR + Franson now?

Get the fuck out.

I picked that one because of the + and signed

This pic is awesome btw http://instagram.com/p/womkLehuBB/ (sundin and nylander yooo)

zroid

Banned
Yeah, the rielly was a counter to gardiner.... i'd say make it JVR, Gardiner and Clarkson.

I prefer JVR to Hall because JVR plays a pretty good role as a PF... hall not as much. I think hall makes more than JVR too

True, I wish JVR played like a PF more though, he usually doesn't. He goes hard to the net but he doesn't forecheck enough. But he is on a fantastic contract.

zroid

Banned
Hall+Kadri+Kessel would be glorious though

I can't believe I'm getting caught up in Hfboards bullshit noooooooooooooooooo

I don't watch someone but I have an opinion on someone.

You are on fucking crack son.

This is your worst alt yet Forza. Take him back and shoot him. Start again.

I don't watch him regularly, and haven't seen a lot this season. However, I know his stats and they aren't great. 8 goals, 10 assists or so.

I've seen him play quite a few times over the years, though, and am underwhelmed.

And, ffs I'm not an alt. I swear.

Quick

Banned
Was thinking of making a Winter Classic OT in Off-topic. Thoughts?

Obviously not right now. :lol

I really like JVR. Don't get to watch Edmonton much, but my opinion of Hall is pretty lacklustre.

tumblr_m7n4piKGt51qcuoflo2_r3_250.gif

DopeyFish

True, I wish JVR played like a PF more though, he usually doesn't. He goes hard to the net but he doesn't forecheck enough. But he is on a fantastic contract.

he makes $2 million less than Hall and generally performs the same.

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't watch him regularly, and haven't seen a lot this season. However, I know his stats and they aren't great. 8 goals, 10 assists or so.

I've seen him play quite a few times over the years, though, and am underwhelmed.

And, ffs I'm not an alt. I swear.

So by your criteria, players are judged by this season only. And not what they have done in the past, like you know a fucking 80 point season on a shitty ass team as a 22 year old.

Thus Eberle < Clarkson.

So by your criteria, players are judged by this season only. And not what they have done in the past, like you know a fucking 80 point season on a shitty ass team as a 22 year old.

Thus Eberle > Clarkson.

Should've looked at last year's stats. You got me there, Buddy Velasquez.

Still, I really like JVR and think I'd rather have him than Hall, especially with how JVR seems to get better year by year and is cheaper. He has great chemistry with Bozak and Kessel. Then, when you consider that they'd want another player...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You'd have to be pretty stupid to not do JVR for Hall. Hall is one of the best LW's in the game and is still very young, you can't look at his points when he's in the position he's in.

Was thinking of making a Winter Classic OT in Off-topic. Thoughts?

Obviously not right now. :lol
I forgot about the Winter Classic, there's been 0 hype for it this year.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hall is 25 GP and 18 P

JVR is 30 GP and 25 P

soooo yes.

also it's hard to tell how well he'd play on another team

THE FUCKING GUY PUT UP 80 MOTHER FUCKING POINTS LAST SEASON YOU DINK!!!!

You don't know how he fucking performs?

Jesus christ a fucking win streak with this fanbase and all of the sudden JVR > Hall :lol

DopeyFish

THE FUCKING GUY PUT UP 80 MOTHER FUCKING POINTS LAST SEASON YOU DINK!!!!

You don't know how he fucking performs?

Jesus christ a fucking win streak with this fanbase and all of the sudden JVR > Hall :lol

er i didn't say JVR was > Hall. it was the combination of parts that made the trade imbalanced to the point of not being worth it.

Quick

Banned
You'd have to be pretty stupid to not do JVR for Hall. Hall is one of the best LW's in the game and is still very young, you can't look at his points when he's in the position he's in.

I forgot about the Winter Classic, there's been 0 hype for it this year.

I think the lack of HBO really put a dent on marketing.

I think the lack of HBO really put a dent on marketing.

Personally I couldn't care less with Washington hosting, especially since it's not on The Mall, then they are playing a non-rival. It's the most forced Winter Classic yet, the NHL shouldn't make promises to teams like that. Washington would have been interesting 5 years ago, not now.

I have little interest in this year's Winter Classic. I went crazy about the Leafs/Detroit one last year and wanted to go badly, but didn't in the end. My neighbours probably heard me screaming when Bozak scored in the SO.

I may watch it, but there's been enough outdoor games. Will watch the 24/7 knockoff, though it won't be as good as the real thing I doubt.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Watching Christmas Vacation. Still the GOAT.

Watched that the other night again. It's flawless.

I lost my shit at the ice missile shooting out of the gutter and destroying the neighbors' stereo system, melting before they got home and leaving no trace of what happened.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You stupid idiots!

The Oilers and their sucking ass is tearing us apart!!!

STOP FIGHTING!

...oh my god, I've come full circle.

Lol no. With his size and mobility, I highly doubt the Preds would do a straight 1 for 1. Wingers are the least important position.

I agree that wingers hold the least value, but Nashville has Weber and Josi for the top-pairing so Jones is more expendable, though they'd probably want a center for him.

zroid

Banned
Man the Leafs have so many important decisions to make before the start of next season and there is a ton of fuck-it-up potential. I don't remotely trust Nonis, just hope Shanahan and Dubas will make the right calls. If they have another off-season in the vein of 2013 I'm not sure my fragile heart can handle it.

ShaneB

Watched that the other night again. It's flawless.

I lost my shit at the ice missile shooting out of the gutter and destroying the neighbors' stereo system, melting before they got home and leaving no trace of what happened.

It's still so damn hilarious. At the sledding bit now.

Yawnier

Banned

Kessel+
JVR+Rielly
JVR+ franson (signed) +

Clarkson + Biggs + Holzer + McLaren + 2017 5th rounder for Taylor Hall

Top Bottom