• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

ZeroGravity

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Bettman says potential Vegas owner Bill Foley has been given the green light to generate season-ticket drive to see what interest there is
Seems all but inevitable.

Samyy

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because I'm sure they'll do their research and they probably don't want to add another potential failing franchise to the mix.
I wonder what the 2nd expansion team will be to balance out the league.

Razorskin

----- ------
Sens fired Paul Maclean?? This franchise is in such disarray right now. It is sad. Maclean was an outstanding coach, and would get the best from his players. He overachieved with this level of talent he has to work with. Bobby Ryan is overrated as hell, knew we were doomed when we signed him to that contract. Meanwhile, The Leafs will do fine, MLSE finally decided to care about the productivity of the teams with the success of the Raps and stuff. Shanahan will do a fine job, Congrats Leafs fans your team will be superior for the next few years. Sens should have started the tanking process awhile ago, but they tried to spend money as if they are a big market team with cap money to spend. Sorry for my rant NHL-GAF, just a passionate fan. Can I become a Leafs fans? It is not like I am a bandwagoner if so I would have chosen the Habs Lol. I was born in Toronto, fans of all teams Toronto like Raps and Jays, but got converted to a Sens fan. I WANT OUT. Lol

Welcome aboard, just be ready to um, defend yourself.

And you'll have to speak with Leafs-GAF on whether they'll accept a defector.

Razorskin

----- ------
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because I'm sure they'll do their research and they probably don't want to add another potential failing franchise to the mix.

Should be Seattle, bad news to balance out the good news :p.

but seriously, a team in Seattle would balance out the conferences.

Samyy

but seriously, a team in Seattle would balance out the conferences.

Seattle seems like a stretch at this point, no one wants to bring one there.

Seattle. Probably pegging quebec as a relocation team... if not seattle then its quebec and some poor team (rip detroit) goes to the west

I think in an ideal world its add Seattle and move Florida to Quebec, keeps the balance without booting anyone to the west.
But Seattle needs a rink and no one wants to build one.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Seattle. Probably pegging quebec as a relocation team... if not seattle then its quebec and some poor team (rip detroit) goes to the west

Clydefrog

Not sure if you guys remember when I said I wanted to learn how to skate and join a hockey league within a year.

Well, I've been practicing on and off for the last 6 months (I'm still horrible), and tonight I have my first practice on my cousins team. I'm nervous as fuck but also excited. The league starts January 4th and goes until June. The only downside is the league is hosted at IceTown in riverside which is owned by the Kings... All kits have the kings logo on them. Forgive me...

LOL, I used to play at the 949 Center in Irvine (now known as The Rinks) and it's exactly the same except it's owned by the Ducks. Ducks shit everywhere! I hated it!

ShaneB

I guess it would be if you have a stake in the game, but from an outsider perspective...Caps/Hawks isn't really an interesting matchup, since there's no history or story between the two teams.

I still really enjoy the winter classic as a spectacle, and it certainly helps this season that I've got an interest in the teams playing, but yeah, it lacks any real rivalry heat.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Sens fired Paul Maclean?? This franchise is in such disarray right now. It is sad. Maclean was an outstanding coach, and would get the best from his players. He overachieved with this level of talent he has to work with. Bobby Ryan is overrated as hell, knew we were doomed when we signed him to that contract. Meanwhile, The Leafs will do fine, MLSE finally decided to care about the productivity of the teams with the success of the Raps and stuff. Shanahan will do a fine job, Congrats Leafs fans your team will be superior for the next few years. Sens should have started the tanking process awhile ago, but they tried to spend money as if they are a big market team with cap money to spend. Sorry for my rant NHL-GAF, just a passionate fan. Can I become a Leafs fans? It is not like I am a bandwagoner if so I would have chosen the Habs Lol. I was born in Toronto, fans of all teams Toronto like Raps and Jays, but got converted to a Sens fan. I WANT OUT. Lol

Not sure if serious.

For Vegas
tnDOTbr.png

YfsyMc6.png

IJ5pNqP.png

For Seattle
b3zhzlf.png

6yigSVJ.png

y975odL.png

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
The NHL must have a serious hard-on for that soon-to-be arena in Vegas if they believe this would work.

At least Phoenix had an excuse for being a last minute relocation option...

Chris R

Varly injured again? L O L :(

At least Pickard is on his way back up

edit: And a Vegas team should work in theory. Make the tickets cheap enough and it should be 3/4 full every night. The stadium is right on the strip between NY/NY and the Monte Carlo.

Marvie_3

Banned
Varly injured again? L O L :(

At least Pickard is on his way back up

edit: And a Vegas team should work in theory. Make the tickets cheap enough and it should be 3/4 full every night. The stadium is right on the strip between NY/NY and the Monte Carlo.

Woohoo! Another franchise that bleeds money! Just what the league needs!

3/4 full attendance with cheap tickets will send that team rocketing to a quick relocation.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
All this Vegas talk makes me wish the Austin-San Antonio corridor was considered for a team or two.

The area needs more than the fucking NBA!

i'm trying to think of good cities that would support a NHL Team. Quebec City and Seattle Might.... Cleveland Or Cincinnati Maybe...?

Cleveland had a NHL Team once before in the late 70s. idk.. if that would work.. hmm

Harding no :(((((

Speaking of Charlotte, I updated the top of the last blog that goalie Josh Harding left Saturday’s game after two periods due to dehydration.

It was so serious, he was taken to the hospital and remained hospitalized until he was released late Sunday. Multiple sources say this is related to his multiple sclerosis. Harding is listed day-to-day with dehydration, but this will likely be one of those indefinite day-to-day’s. It’s very unlikely he will play another game for Iowa until this is figured out.

Iowa has recalled Johan Gustafsson from ECHL Alaska to back up John Curry tonight in Charlotte and the Wild was making arrangements on getting Harding back to Minnesota.

So, wish Harding well.

Chris R

Woohoo! Another franchise that bleeds money! Just what the league needs!

3/4 full attendance with cheap tickets will send that team rocketing to a quick relocation.

Eh I'm just saying the area has a shitload of people in/on it every day and should easily eclipse the figures of other stadiums with how popular of a travel location Vegas is.

Top Bottom