• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Two goalies under team control each with above league average stats

Zai9cag.png

Let's hope the Leafs handle it better than the Canucks

about that

1 Roberto Luongo VAN .928
2 Cory Schneider VAN .929

Yeah let's not try to act like Bernier/Reimer is anywhere close to Luongo/Schneider.

Two bonafide starting goalies vs. Luongo and Schneider

OH SHIT DIDN'T SEE THAT TWIST DID YOU BITCHES!!!!!

CFL provides Vancouver and Winnipeg the only championship parades they will ever see.

And Toronto, let's not exclude the champions of sadness.

Solo

But it's still MILK IN A BAG you weirdos.

Okay I have my visiting places set up.

Fairmount Bagels/St. viateur
Schwartz's (for smoked meat)
La Banquise (for poutine)
Notre Dame
Biodome&Science museum (cause I'm a nerd)
Stroll along St. Paul
MAYBE mont royal if i feel like it (probably.)
Habs-Queens tomorrow

Am I missing anything obvious?

Da Vinci's is an Italian restaurant where lots of the players eat

Heretic

When Bork still played here, Habs writers and bloggers would use the hash tag #AlmostBourque when he played because he would also get so close to making a play or scoring but would never actually do it.

Good to see he's kept this going in Anaheim

B4i8by_CQAEAhj7.jpg

Missed two empty netters like that. Getzy was feeding him like crazy. We miss Perry.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Missed two empty netters like that. Getzy was feeding him like crazy. We miss Perry.

At this rate, Perry is going to end up missing half the season it seems. Still something like 3-4 more weeks for his leg, and he was gone for 2 weeks (?) with that Phoenix Coyotes disease.

Heretic

At this rate, Perry is going to end up missing half the season it seems. Still something like 3-4 more weeks for his leg, and he was gone for 2 weeks (?) with that Phoenix Coyotes disease.

Damn that disease! MattyB is picking up where MVPerry left off though.

How does Bork go from the AHL to the top line of the team with the best record in the NHL in the span of a month o_0

They're banking on his playoff magic... If we get there.

Both he and Heatly came in with the same mentality and practically the same interview dialogue. "I feel I still have a lot left in me and I want to prove it."

They've been useless so far.

zroid

Banned
oh yay looks like it's confirmed now that I get a free GCL subscription for the entire season thanks to my Rogers plan. thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure if it would expire at the end of December or not.

Y6zoaMg.png

Going to the Sharks v. Wild game tonight . . . if it is not cancelled due to rain and I am able to get there.

Don't laugh . . . when you area hasn't had much rain for years and then is suddenly hit by a HUGE storm, it causes big problems because the weakened trees & vegetation drop all sorts of pieces which then clog drains & creeks which then causes flooding.

oh yay looks like it's confirmed now that I get a free GCL subscription for the entire season thanks to my Rogers plan. thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure if it would expire at the end of December or not.

Y6zoaMg.png

Gamecenter Live is pretty cool . . . when it works. Some games have multiple camera angles. Nice DVR features. Lots of old historical games (holy smokes . . . in the past even the goalies didn't wear helmets!)

But it can be flaky at times. And the black-out issues are annoying thus requiring VPN.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Da Vinci's is an Italian restaurant where lots of the players eat

looks like it might be a little bit out of my price class to go for not special occasion (and no, vacation by myself doesn't count as that), so we'll see. Thanks though! might walk by it and check it out anyway

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Y6zoaMg.png

Yeah, I saw that yesterday but I haven't signed in yet.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Going to the Sharks v. Wild game tonight . . . if it is not cancelled due to rain and I am able to get there.

Don't laugh . . . when you area hasn't had much rain for years and then is suddenly hit by a HUGE storm, it causes big problems because the weakened trees & vegetation drop all sorts of pieces which then clog drains & creeks which then causes flooding.

I'll be praying for you to be protected from the dropped pieces of vegetation.

The Storm of the Century starts tonight down here (and will last until tomorrow, good god), I would appreciate reciprocal prayers. Thanks in advance.

Solo

looks like it might be a little bit out of my price class to go for not special occasion (and no, vacation by myself doesn't count as that), so we'll see. Thanks though! might walk by it and check it out anyway

It's super high end.....ate there once, no Habs were there sadly, but delicious.

zroid

Banned
Gamecenter Live is pretty cool . . . when it works. Some games have multiple camera angles. Nice DVR features. Lots of old historical games (holy smokes . . . in the past even the goalies didn't wear helmets!)

But it can be flaky at times. And the black-out issues are annoying thus requiring VPN.

yeah I've been using it since the season started for games that I don't get through cable. it's nice but there are issues. I'll certainly take it for free anyway. :)

i don't think i'm under any blackout restrictions with GCL though... at least I haven't encountered any games where that was the case yet. seems like everything is available.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Babcock shooting down all these contract extension rumours pretty hard. Said it's "fantasy" :lol

Merguson

Banned
Mike Babcock said he doesn't want to sign any contract during the season. So.. we probably should keep quiet about that until the off-season.

Which won't happen, of course.

yeah I've been using it since the season started for games that I don't get through cable. it's nice but there are issues. I'll certainly take it for free anyway. :)

i don't think i'm under any blackout restrictions with GCL though... at least I haven't encountered any games where that was the case yet. seems like everything is available.

Oh yeah, you won't have any blackouts because you get it through Rogers, your cable company. I get blacked out because the local cable company has exclusive rights to any game they broadcast in my area. But the VPN works pretty good.

The PC client is great . . . the NHL app for PS4 is pretty lame and the resolution is not as good.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh yeah, you won't have any blackouts because you get it through Rogers, your cable company. I get blacked out because the local cable company has exclusive rights to any game they broadcast in my area. But the VPN works pretty good.

The PC client is great . . . the NHL app for PS4 is pretty lame and the resolution is not as good.

There are a couple blackouts with rogers, it's all on their website

No blackouts in british columbia though woo!

Quick

Banned
Travis Moen was on an episode of Corner Gas apparently. I've never seen it.

Yeah he was. He had a bit part to show off the Stanley Cup.

I actually liked Corner Gas. Jokes are pretty simple, but it hits pretty strong when it's a good one.

This one cracked me up pretty good.

funny-pictures-auto-tv-show-374924.jpeg

Corner Gas also had these two:

C_001.jpg

TaraSpencerNairn.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I prefer Hannibal over True Detective, both are fantastic though. Dat Hannibal finale.

Also just watched the new Mad Max trailer. Soooo goooood.

LevelNth

Banned
Referencing those two women in Corner Gas as a positive is the television equivalent of the CFL to the NFL.

Yes, technically it's football (they're women)... but meeeeeeeeh.

zroid

Banned
Referencing those two women in Corner Gas as a positive is the television equivalent of the CFL to the NFL.

Yes, technically it's football (they're women)... but meeeeeeeeh.

I don't even know what this means

could you objectify women any more, possibly?

As great as Minnesota has been at producing NHL talent, we have never really put out an NHL caliber goalie.

Alex Stalock might be the first. Can't wait to watch him tonight.

Top Bottom