• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Reimer out for a minimum of 1 week. The fact they're saying minimum makes me lean more towards at least 2 weeks of him being out. :(

Reimer out for a minimum of 1 week. The fact they're saying minimum makes me lean more towards at least 2 weeks of him being out. :(

I think Scrivens can carry us for 6 or 7 games. He's looked, at very least, competent behind the net. So far he hasn't seemed to be made of holes like Gus.

Scrivens will Gustavssonize our season in the meanwhile. At least Lupul won't have to witness it this time.

Does anyone else have NHLXM? I can't get over how terrible its shows are.

Socreges

Banned
Isn't that one of the reasons why Lupul was traded? The fact that he's clearly susceptible to injury? Or was it just one single injury that plagued him in Anaheim and made him expendable?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I lived in Edmonton in 2008-2009. It was a shitty place. Granted, I lived downtown in the concrete wasteland, so my view might be tainted.
I lived there for 15 years. It's a shitty racist city with crappy weather and my friends and family hate it there and always talk about moving to Calgary or Vancouver.

lupul was injured when the leafs went off the cliff last season....

Don't make me post the Gustavsson own goal. The Leafs implosion began before the trade deadline.

Socreges, Lupul spent I think nearly a year and a half on the LTIR. Back surgery and then a career threatening infection, iirc. The Ducks just reasonably assumed there wasn't much player left after that.

Merguson

Banned
Isn't that one of the reasons why Lupul was traded? The fact that he's clearly susceptible to injury? Or was it just one single injury that plagued him in Anaheim and made him expendable?

From what I see with his injury history, he had back surgery two times while with the Ducks.

Basically he had this surgery done, it was suppose to be a routine surgery, taking weeks to heal. For some reason, he had to go back in and do it again.

After recouping from that, he developed a blood infection which takes several months to take care of. Then after that, he developed a second blood infection. All in total, he was out for almost a year.

Seems like the Ducks thought he couldn't be the same player again and sought to "dump" him onto a team.

Osorio

Cities with shitty downtowns are confusing

They give the impression that the city has nothing to offer.

LA is a good example. Dallas has nothing to offer. Baltimore is way better than it's downtown.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looking forward to see how the new lines work out tonight.
Hopefully Therrien address the D pairings soon, Subban cannot be on the 3rd pairing, and Markov shouldn't be playing 20-24 mins a night.

Cities with shitty downtowns are confusing

They give the impression that the city has nothing to offer.

LA is a good example. Dallas has nothing to offer. Baltimore is way better than it's downtown.
Is that Corey Booker in your avatar?

Heretic

Is Alberta a good place to visit? Ducks always promote travelling to Alberta. I was thinking about taking a quick trip just to visit.

Osorio

Nice. Is he photoshopped into it, or was he actually involved with some Devils stuff?

It's a real photo. He was mayor for the inauguration for the Prudential Center and despite his beef with our owner Jeff Vanderbeek, he always heavily supports the Devils on his Twitter. I remember him talking shit with LA's mayor for the Finals last year.

Newark opened it's first hotel since the 60's recently and now there are bars and restaurants popping up around the arena all the time.

Socreges

Banned
Edmonton seems like an unlikely candidate, but I dunno. Cities with an ocean, lakes and mountains (for snowboarding) nearby deserve a free pass, too. I like Vancouver's downtown a lot, but the city is definitely helped along by its natural environment.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Edmonton seems like an unlikely candidate, but I dunno. Cities with an ocean, lakes and mountains (for snowboarding) nearby deserve a free pass, too. I like Vancouver's downtown a lot, but the city is definitely helped along by its natural environment.

I actually like Vancouver's downtown, the only thing that's a bit sad about it is that there's pretty much NO "historic" buildings, apart from the 2 churches or so I can think of that are recognisable. It's all very, very modern and glass-only.

Osorio

I actually like Vancouver's downtown, the only thing that's a bit sad about it is that there's pretty much NO "historic" buildings, apart from the 2 churches or so I can think of that are recognisable. It's all very, very modern and glass-only.

Yeah but there's hardly any cities in the West with historic architecture other than San Francisco.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Devils arena is where Cory booker is the mayor
I knew that, just wasn't sure how much he supported the team.

It's a real photo. He was mayor for the inauguration for the Prudential Center and despite his beef with our owner Jeff Vanderbeek, he always heavily supports the Devils on his Twitter. I remember him talking shit with LA's mayor for the Finals last year.

Newark opened it's first hotel since the 60's recently and now there are bars and restaurants popping up around the arena all the time.
That's awesome, not surprising because he's already such a cool dude.

Smiley90

Yeah but there's hardly any cities in the West with historic architecture other than San Francisco.

That's true, fair enough. It's just such a complete contrast to where I'm originally from (Zurich), where there's hardly ANY glass-only buildings and 95% of the buildings are old buildings made of stone and 4-ish stories tall.

Socreges

Banned
Europe is in another class. Living in Madrid for a year and travelling to so many nearby cities with their own amazing architecture ensured that I'll never be totally content in a non-European city.

Osorio

That's true, fair enough. It's just such a complete contrast to where I'm originally from (Zurich), where there's hardly ANY glass-only buildings and 95% of the buildings are old buildings made of stone and 4-ish stories tall.

I feel like an architecture snob being from the New York area when I go to the West Coast. I can only imagine being from Europe and living there.

The thing about the Western US cities that I missed the most from Europe was not that how the buildings looked(although I appreciate older buildings, especially churches) but rather how they were not built for so much for being able to get around in by feet or bike.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Come on, 35 goal power forward, you know you want it. Clowe is the kind of guy I'd love in Montreal in the top 9, but they've got a bunch of inconsistent scorers in their top 6 too. Is San Jose actually looking to get rid of him, or are you just throwing his name out there?

Pretty awesome burbs though?

I really like all the little areas that make up Edmonton, we have so many trees all over the place to keep everything looking a little small towny plus our river valley is outstanding.

Honestly though I'm just super biased since I've lived here for 23 years of my life, haha. It's not like I would put Edmonton in the top 10 cities in the world or anything (like Vancouver or Montreal could be), but it gets a lot of shit cause its so far north, so it's cold as balls lots of the time. Plus it's close to the shithole of the world called Ft.McMurry.

TUSR

Banned
I really like all the little areas that make up Edmonton, we have so many trees all over the place to keep everything looking a little small towny plus our river valley is outstanding.

Honestly though I'm just super biased since I've lived here for 23 years of my life, haha. It's not like I would put Edmonton in the top 10 cities in the world or anything (like Vancouver or Montreal could be), but it gets a lot of shit cause its so far north, so it's cold as balls lots of the time. Plus it's close to the shithole of the world called Ft.McMurry.

Ft. McFlurry, Deadmonton, Hellberta

Socreges

Banned
The thing about the Western US cities that I missed the most from Europe was not that how the buildings looked(although I appreciate older buildings, especially churches) but rather how they were not built for so much for being able to get around in by feet or bike.
Yep, this is huge. I never owned a car in Europe and never suffered for it. Transit was excellent and I walked a ton. North American cities were largely built around the car, though.

Smiley90

Yep, this is huge. I never owned a car in Europe and never suffered for it. Transit was excellent and I walked a ton. North American cities were largely built around the car, though.

Hey, Vancouver is now totally bike-friendly! TOTALLY. -shoots self-

Top Bottom